Baby 5 is here!

Our little tie-breaker arrived in late [name_u]August[/name_u]. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] “Teddy” [name_u]Leon[/name_u] was enthusiastically welcomed by older siblings [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] [name_f]Coraline[/name_f], [name_m]Martin[/name_m] [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Truman[/name_m], and especially [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] who is utterly obsessed with him. He has been such a sweet and very cuddly addition to our family, very much living up to his nickname.

When we told our kids about the pregnancy, they were immediately insistent that his name should be [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], so much so that we started referring to him as such right away. While my husband and I both like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], it just didn’t feel like “the one”. We had a hard time choosing between [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], and I gave him final say in the end because I liked them both equally and knew we’d use his nickname pretty exclusively. [name_u]Leon[/name_u] is a name I’ve grown to adore since it first entered my list during my pregnancy with my oldest son, with the added bonus that we thought he’d end up being a [name_u]Leo[/name_u]. Joke was on me, as he baked longer than any of my other babies, weighing over 10 pounds at birth, and managed to be born a Virgo!

Thank you to those that brainstormed with me early on in my pregnancy. I appreciate the help and promised I’d get back with an update (if a bit on the late side).

46 Likes

Congrats!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] his name!

1 Like

Congratulations!! What a sweet name :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations! A lovely addition to your crew. I particularly like to see [name_u]Leon[/name_u] used – it deserves way more love :lion:

2 Likes

Congrats! I love Edmund!

1 Like

Congrats! [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] “Teddy” is adorable and it’s so cute that his siblings participated in naming him :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! His name is just perfect, especially with his siblings. [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] sweet [name_u]Teddy[/name_u].

1 Like

Congratulations! What a lovely name!

Congratulations! It’s a lovely name :heart:

Congratulations :teddy_bear: x

Congratulations!! Your kids have amazing names !

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is such a perfect name! Congratulations!

Congratulations! Such a great name and cute nickname :blush: Hats off to you for birthing a 10lb baby! [name_f]My[/name_f] first was over 9lb and I can’t imagine more then that. Enjoy the baby snuggles!

1 Like

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Leon[/name_u] is gorgeous!! Congrats!

Congratulations :tada: His name story sounds just like my mom’s - her older brother decided that the baby should be named [name_u]Terry[/name_u] so my grandparents decided to name her [name_f]Terese[/name_f] (but she’s always gone by Terry).

1 Like

[name_f]Gorgeous[/name_f] name! Congratulations!

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Leon[/name_u] is real handsome. His siblings names are also beautiful.