Baby #5 name help! Boy #4

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!
We’re expecting baby #5 (boy #4) this [name_u]July[/name_u] and would love some name input! I’ve named all my kids with obsessive nameberry research! We are in the Midwest US. Our kids range from 10-2yrs:
E.ero St.Thomas
P.ippa [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
E.dmund [name_u]Shawn[/name_u] (Eddie frequently)
M.oses [name_m]Doyle[/name_m]

Last name is H.aywood

We try to name each kid for themself, with just a little emphasis on sibset as a whole. With so many, they are rarely listed off in a row anyway. But, we’re also trying not to go way off course. We prefer to stick with family and saint names that have some meaning or relation to us. We have a huge extended family, so many names are off the table.

Our current frontrunner is [name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. We both love it and it checks a lot of boxes, but our concern is that it is becoming more and more unisex and popular.
If you know a [name_u]Remy[/name_u] (or [name_u]Remington[/name_u] etc that goes by Remy(i)) is it a boy or girl?

Our second favorite is [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m]. I LOVE this name as well and can’t let it go for some reason. Nickname maybe [name_m]Fin[/name_m]? Thoughts? (Florian Ambrose?)

Other names on our list:
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m] [name_m]Roark[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Lior[/name_u] - (pretty popular and already have 2 E boys)
[name_u]Leander[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
Ambrose/Ives/Leander/Leon/Roark - somewhere else?

We don’t really care for [name_u]Remy[/name_u] as a middle.

Thanks for your current and past help! I have always loved the creativity and thoughtfulness here! Hoping for any and all input!

1 Like

Love Florian Ives! I’ve never thought of Fin for Florian but I do see it. I’m also kind of charmed by Florian Ives for a fifth baby.

Remy Ambrose is lovely and feels very warm. I really like Remy for a boy, but if the unisex factor is a concern it might be an issue. I don’t know any boys named Remy, I do know a girl named Remi and another girl named Remmi.

I also want to give a vote of consideration to Simeon Roark! Leander Ellis is nice as well and feels a bit loftier. Ives could also work well as a first with your crew - maybe Ives Leander? Roark Ambrose or Ambrose Leon could work too.

1 Like

Thanks! It did also just occur to me that you could make FIVE out of [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] and that just makes me love it more - ha! The kids call him “five” currently.
Thanks for the [name_u]Remy[/name_u] info - this is my concern. Still love it, but I don’t want him to be referred to as “boy Remy” or something.
I really like [name_m]Simeon[/name_m] [name_m]Roark[/name_m], too…agh!

I love [name_u]Remy[/name_u] Ambrose!! I’ve never met a [name_u]Remy[/name_u] :slight_smile:

[name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] is gorgeous too -so full of flair!!

[name_u]Leander[/name_u] [name_m]Roark[/name_m] would be very cool!!

1 Like

[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is great! I know one [name_u]Remington[/name_u] ‘Remy’ and he is a teenage boy (his parents were ahead of the trends, lol!) I do think it’s possible though that a young [name_u]Remy[/name_u] might become “boy Remy” if there was also a girl called Remy/Remi at his school or in the neighborhood, though. Growing up we differentiated the male and female Skylars on my street as “boy Skylar” and “girl Skylar” so I do think that’s a realistic possibility. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know if any of your older kids have classmates called Remi/Remy?

[name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] is also great. I love the connection to the number 5 for your fifth baby! I think if you’re worried about the unisex-ness and popularity of [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Florian[/name_u] might be a better choice. [name_m]Fin[/name_m] is a cool nickname, too.

I also like [name_m]Simeon[/name_m] [name_m]Roark[/name_m]. Depending on where you live, I can see [name_m]Simeon[/name_m] getting mixed up with [name_m]Simon[/name_m], though. I don’t know if that would bother you.

Right now I’m leaning towards [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] for you, but I don’t think you can go wrong with any of your options.

[name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] is marvelous, especially with the five connection! I love [name_u]Remy[/name_u] too, though. I normally don’t like names equally on both genders but [name_u]Remy[/name_u] is an exception. That makes me think [name_u]Florian[/name_u] may have the edge for you.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite from your list is [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] :sunflower:

[name_u]Florian[/name_u] is such a handsome name really distinguished a very sophisticated name that feels refreshing. A perfect summer boys name especially with the meaning flowering. [name_m]Ives[/name_m] sounds fab in the middle name slot just adding to the sophistication of [name_u]Florian[/name_u].

Good luck :yellow_heart:

[name_u]Remy[/name_u] / [name_u]Remington[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is delightful. I know only one [name_u]Remington[/name_u] nn [name_m]Rem[/name_m], and he is a boy. :relaxed: [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] is also absolutely lovely!!!

I love the name [name_u]Remy[/name_u] for a boy, but I only know Remy’s/Remi’s who are girls. [name_u]Florian[/name_u] is very cute, however, he may get called [name_f]Flor[/name_f], which means “flower” in Spanish and is a girl’s name. Not sure if that would bother you.

While [name_u]Remy[/name_u] is a pretty much 50/50 unisex name, I do see it as more masculine. I don’t see it being common enough that he’d have to be labeled the “boy Remy” in class, though I don’t think he would mind too much if he did. We had a boy [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] and a girl [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] in my classroom last year and neither seemed bothered by it lol. I have yet to meet a [name_u]Remy[/name_u] in the workplace. [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], while rising in popularity according to nameberry is a timeless name that’s been charting for ages. It’s my top choice for my sons MN as well. :heart::heart:

1 Like

I know a baby girl Remy and a 4/5 year old boy called Remy too. Remy Ambrose is such a lovely name!

I adore [name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]! [name_u]Remy[/name_u] is all boy to me and the only Remys I know are male. That might be different in the States though.

If you’re worried about Remy’s popularity and usage on girls, then [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m] is also brilliant. It feels very cultured and romantic. And although it feels like a bit of a stretch, [name_m]Fin[/name_m] is a lovely nickname (and I do think it could work).

Otherwise, I really like [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] with your kids names as well. [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Roark[/name_m] would be fabulous!

florian ives & remy ambrose are both beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: leaning towards florian ives for you! love the five connection and florian is so underused imo, lovely name! plus ives fits perfectly and is so sweet too. and fin is a very cool nickname!
also i love remy for a boy, but i think it’s kinda more popular for girls, so if you’re worried about that, maybe florian is a better option for you! i personally don’t think it would be an issue tho

Forgot to mention, I am in favor of [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m]!

There’s nothing wrong with a name being unisex but I understand the hesitation about how popular [name_u]Remy[/name_u] is. Have you considered [name_u]Lior[/name_u] as a first name? [name_u]Lior[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m]?

Florian Ives, hands down!

What a fantastic sibset!!

This was tough because both Remy/Remington Ambrose “Remy” and Florian Ives “Finn” would fot perfectly

Other ideas

Pippa, Eero, Edmund, Moses, & _______:

Corbin Ambrose
Torian/Dorian Ives “Rory”
Lucien Lior
Stellan Leander
Osiris Roark “Si” “Oz/Ozzy”
Cadeaux Leander
Rafferty Lior
Deveraux Ives
Calix Lior
Tully Roark
Digby Lior
Kimball Ives
Cassius Roark “Cash”
Darius Ives “Rhys”
Ignatius Lior “Iggy” “Nash”
Kaius Roark"Kai"
Crispin Ellis “Kip”
Ansel Ives
Croix Leon
Hoyt Leander
Huon Ambrose “Hugh”
Rocco Roark

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Ives[/name_m]! They both give me soft masc vibes, I don’t know anyone with those names so I don’t know about the popularity. I would say with “y” reads more like a masculine full name and [name_u]Remi[/name_u] leans slightly more femme and nicknamey but overall its pretty neutral.

I also like [name_u]Leander[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Roark[/name_m]

Go with [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] as the first name even though it’s a bit similar to [name_u]Moses[/name_u]. Could use [name_m]Bram[/name_m]. Whichever middle option has the most meaning. [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is a great name. [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] another suggestion (Auggie/Gus).