Baby #5 name help

[name_m]Hi[/name_m],
We have baby #5 on the way. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] is a surprise gender. So far we have an

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

We are stuggling with the last baby for a boy name, we have gotten a girl name that we both love and naming girls just seems easier.

Our only two boy names we both like are
Euan/Ewan and [name_m]Simon[/name_m]

What do you think? Which one gets your vote? Also spelling, we always try and spell names in the common spelling to make life easier on the kid…which spelling would you opt for?

Please help!

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] is one of my favorite boy names, and works well with these siblings!

2 Likes

I like [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] with whatever spelling is more common for easier spelling although I prefer this spelling visually.

1 Like

I’ve always loved the name [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and think it fits great with your other children! If not that, I prefer [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] over [name_m]Euan[/name_m]

1 Like

All your kids names are lovely! I prefer [name_m]Simon[/name_m] to [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] but both are nice. Other suggestions are

Nathan/ [name_m]Nathanial[/name_m]
[name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_m]Angus[/name_m]
[name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_m]Ewan[/name_m]. I don’t know why you never hear it.

1 Like

I think Ewan/ [name_m]Euan[/name_m] would be trickier to spell. I adore [name_m]Simon[/name_m] , especially with [name_u]William[/name_u] !

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Simon[/name_m] out of the two.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] was the first boy name that sprung to mind with your sibset.

1 Like

Both are great choices. I vote for [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], particularly if you have Scottish roots.

I love [name_m]Ewan[/name_m]! Such a lovely, distinctive name!!!

As a few other idea…

[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Robert[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Franklin[/name_u]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] with [name_u]William[/name_u] is great!

Congratulations :tada:

Your kiddos are wonderfully named.

I like both options as well however my favourite is [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. I absolutely love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] he’s such a soft, gentle classic that feels sweet and timeless. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] sounds gorgeous with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_u]William[/name_u], [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. So soft and wholesome a really gorgeous sibling set.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

I love [name_m]Euan[/name_m], but [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] might be easier for others to spell.
Of the others, [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is my favorite. It’s unique, classy, and has a familiar sound!

I prefer [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] would be a more intuitive spelling, I imagine.

For me I like them in this order: [name_m]Euan[/name_m] > [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] > [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. Normally I would say go with the more Anglicized spelling of a name if that’s your main language but in this case I think thanks to the decently famous actor that [name_m]Euan[/name_m] will not be that difficult for a kid to have. As for why I picked it over [name_m]Simon[/name_m], something about [name_m]Simon[/name_m] just comes off unpleasantly to me, I’m not sure what but it has always been this way. [name_m]Simion[/name_m] or [name_m]Simeon[/name_m] are much better and if that was the case I’d be tied between that and [name_m]Euan[/name_m].

BOY:
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_u]Cooper[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]David[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]

GIRL:
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_u]Fern[/name_u]
[name_f]Gracelyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

I have a boy called Ewan! It’s a great name. Not well known and some people are confused by it (I’m in England).

That’s what I would pick, Ewan!

[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] or [name_u]Emmet[/name_u]
[name_m]Maxim[/name_m] or [name_m]Markus[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] or [name_m]Colin[/name_m]

I vote Simon… [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], while a nice name, seems out of left field compared to the other mainstream names- in my opinion.
Although [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] seems like a great alternative as pp mentioned and fits in a lot better.