Baby #5 Needs a Name!

My sister [name]Rachel[/name] is expecting her fifth child - a boy! - in [name]November[/name]. Right now she’s struggling to come up with a name for the little guy, so I told her I’d ask for some ideas on here. :slight_smile:

[name]Baby[/name] #5 will join big siblings:
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adeline[/name], 7
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name], 5
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Eliza[/name]), 5
[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Frank[/name], 2

Right now she’s thinking of [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Everett[/name], but she’s not sure if it “fits” with [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Wilder[/name]. Also, she wants the names to have a ‘wild west’ kind of feel to them…another reason she’s not sure about [name]Theodore[/name].

Thanks! I can’t wait to hear all your wonderful ideas. :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Wilder[/name]. [name]Lovely[/name] names, hope you get some inspiration from my list.

[name]William[/name] [name]Ulysses[/name]
[name]Amos[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Cole[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]David[/name] [name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]John[/name] [name]Clinton[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]

I don’t really know what sort of names have a [name]Wild[/name] [name]West[/name] feel, but I think [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Everett[/name] is just so handsome, offers a wealth of nicknames, and goes very well with her other children’s names. It will age well too, and is very unlikely to date.

Some [name]Wild[/name] [name]West[/name] ideas:
[name]ELIJAH[/name]/[name]Eli[/name]
[name]JEDIDIAH[/name]/[name]Jed[/name]
[name]LEVI[/name]
[name]TOBIAS[/name]
[name]CALEB[/name]
[name]ETHAN[/name]
[name]MICAH[/name]
[name]JEREMIAH[/name]
[name]ARROW[/name] (yes, I know this one’s kind of “out there,” but I like it and it feels [name]Wild[/name] [name]West[/name]-y to me)

One caveat: a lot of the names I mentioned above are either already quite popular, or on their way to becoming so, if that’s something your sister is concerned about.

What beautiful names! :slight_smile:

I absolutely love [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Everett[/name], but I think that [name]Everett[/name] has more of a [name]Wild[/name] [name]West[/name] feel to me. ([name]Theodore[/name] feels [name]East[/name] Coast to me, but it’s totally subjective.) I love [name]Theodore[/name] with the rest of her children’s names. I think it’s perfect!

Some more names that have a Western vibe for me, but still fit with the other names:

[name]Calvin[/name] (the nn [name]Cal[/name] feels Western to me)
[name]Clayton[/name] (as a middle name)
[name]Clifton[/name] (ditto)
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] ([name]Dex[/name] feels Western to me, like [name]Tex[/name])
[name]Franklin[/name] (I think of [name]Frank[/name] [name]Butler[/name] from [name]Annie[/name] [name]Oakley[/name])–Oops! [name]Just[/name] saw that [name]Frank[/name] is taken…
[name]Gideon[/name] (I think of pioneers moving to the [name]West[/name])
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Gray[/name] (as a middle name, unless she wants another surname to go with [name]Wilder[/name]–which I love!)
[name]Harrison[/name] (another surname with [name]Wilder[/name])
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]James[/name] (as in [name]Jessie[/name] [name]James[/name])
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Marshall[/name] (as a middle)
[name]Nicholas[/name] (nn [name]Cole[/name]. [name]Cole[/name] feels Western to me)
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]/[name]Reid[/name] (ditto)
[name]Samuel[/name] (reminds me of pioneers who headed [name]West[/name])
[name]Vaughn[/name] (surname with [name]Wilder[/name])
[name]Wesley[/name] ([name]Wes[/name] reminds me of [name]West[/name])
[name]Weston[/name] (a bit on the trendy side, but it’s a surname with [name]Wilder[/name], and will give her [name]West[/name]…I think it could work in the middle)

Best wishes to you and your sister! :slight_smile:

Maybe a little too western but what about [name]Wyatt[/name]?

[name]Audie[/name] [name]Leon[/name] [name]Murphy[/name] - was a decorated American soldier who also went into acting and starred in 33 western movies.
Could use [name]Auden[/name] (I love this name)

I hope I don’t repeat -
[name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Colter[/name] (nn [name]Cole[/name] or [name]Colt[/name])
[name]Colton[/name] ( ditto on nn)
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]
[name]Jacoby[/name] (nn [name]Jacob[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]/[name]Jake[/name])
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Reagan[/name] (?)
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Boden[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Travis[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]
Thorton
[name]Wade[/name]

I like [name]Everett[/name] as a first name with that sib set. [name]Everett[/name] [name]Grey[/name], maybe? I liked the suggestion as [name]Grey[/name] for a mn.

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Grey[/name] (nn Rett?)

Other ideas:

[name]Thaddeus[/name] [name]Grey[/name] (nn [name]Thad[/name], [name]Theo[/name], [name]Teddy[/name]…)
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name] [name]James[/name]

Thanks everyone!

She really liked your suggestions of [name]Thaddeus[/name] and [name]Jedidiah[/name]. She’s also added the name [name]Darius[/name] to her list and wondered what everyone thought.

I have a vague memory of a singer called [name]Darius[/name] who I didn’t like … but aside from that, it is a very nice name. I love [name]Thaddeus[/name], too!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Banks[/name]? I know it might sound silly but in the [name]Wild[/name] [name]West[/name] there used to be a lot of bank robbing going on. You might have yourself a little “tough guy.” :slight_smile:

[name]Elisabeth[/name] Pani