Baby #7

I would like your thoughts on naming our baby girl. Naturally, we want a beautiful name for our daughter. She is my husband’s and my 7th child, so I am also wanting a name that will go well with the names of her six other siblings. Their names are [name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

We have never used nicknames in our family for any of our children. When we named [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] almost two years ago, we all especially loved the name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Having a popular name doesn’t bother me as long as it’s a lovely name that compliments the other sibling names. The names that we have had on our short list for this little one are:

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

What are your thoughts on these names and which one would you recommend for our baby?
Thank you!

First, I would cross off [name_f]Ella[/name_f] since you already have [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - while it’s possible to have both, it would make their names less distinctive than all the other children.

All the other 4 names would work well with your family, so I think it then just gets to personal taste. My clear favourite is [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] - I love the strength and history of this combined with its femininity. It has real character and presence which I feel the 7th child would appreciate! 2nd choice for me is [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], a more soft and ladylike name if you feel that suits your daughter more. I’ve never been a fan of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], possibly influenced by the character in [name_m]Thackeray[/name_m]'s Vanity Fair, though it is a very popular classic right now. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is appealing - a bit frilly but still a strong sense of character.

I agree that I would cross off [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. I really love [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] so that would be my vote.

If you are okay with suggestions I want to recommend [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] , [name_f]Julia[/name_f] , [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] , [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] , [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] , [name_f]Diana[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]

With that subset I like [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] fits the best with her siblings. It’s a classic name and it sounds beautiful just like her sister’s names!

Another vote for [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] here!

My vote goes for [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] as well.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. I’ve never been a fan of the others. I know SO many little [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]’s right now it’s insane. [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] just reminds me of pioneers and [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on th [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] and to me it doesn’t fit with your other lovely timeless girl names. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is poetic and feminine and absolutely gorgeous.

I’m noticing that all of your girls have [name_u]Royal[/name_u] names! Is that on purpose?
My suggestions are:
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] best out of your list!

I agree [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but all of them are gorgeous and go well with the sibs.

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] :slight_smile: I have to say, I love the suggestion [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]!

I think if you went with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] you’d have a perfect sibset. Two C’s and two E’s - none too similar! [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is my favorite from your list but consider the E spelling.

Another vote for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]! (Or [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] :slight_smile: )

I love [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. I think it’s so beautiful, sweet, and strong. I’ve only ever met one, so I know its popular, but that doesnt necessarily mean itll be common where you live.
I think [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] fits in perfectly with her siblings names, too!

My second choice would be [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. I think it’s just the cutest name.

Since popularity isn’t a deterrent, definitely [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]! I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and would still consider using it my self because of the countless lovely nicknames it offers. Oli, [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Livy[/name_f], [name_f]Livia[/name_f], [name_f]Via[/name_f], V

My favourites with your kids are [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] :).

For suggestions I’ve avoided names starting with C or E as you already have two kids with those letters :).

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Adaline[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Millicent[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Louise[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]

Hello to another parent of 7!

From your naming style, I don’t feel like your short list has the same punch or weight as the names you’ve already used. Your shortlist feels like it comes from a different family.

I like Albeqee’s suggestion a lot, of turning royalty into a theme. From Albeqee’s list, especially these:

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

My favorites are [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. They seem to fit the best with your other children. [name_f]Ella[/name_f] doesn’t seem like a good choice because you already have an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are nice, but just don’t fit as well in my opinion. They seem a little frilly I guess.

I like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - it’s classic, and goes well with her siblings.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] or [name_f]Emily[/name_f]!