Baby A

Half way there to meeting our little boy. I feel nearly sure on his name, but at times afraid of how others will receive it when announcing. We aren’t actually announcing until birth, so it’s nice to have a little area of solace here to discuss names. Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way :slight_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I say “Asa” a lot when talking about him, to sort of feel out the name in true context. I have dreamt about the name a few times, too. But again, it’s pushing past those fears of “what others think” (which has always been a fault of mine).
I at times, refer him as baby A. As our top name is [name_m]Asa[/name_m]. Another name I like is [name_m]August[/name_m], but I have some hesitation there. And our final name of consideration is [name_m]Theo[/name_m], originally I thought this would be their name if a boy until I actually found out it was a boy, then something in my mind shifted (especially as i’ve met many many Theo’s). Anyway, a bit of a dear diary post- but again, thanks for the continued help. I’m sure knowing me, I’ll spend the next several months still looking and discussing names (hah) just my personality. I love the hunt :slight_smile: however, we’ve narrowed unofficially to:

[name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Theo[/name_m] [name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]

4 Likes

Hands down, [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] :white_heart: it’s such a stunning combo

[name_m]Asa[/name_m] has a nice aura around him and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_m]Cole[/name_m] compliment him so much. The flow is just perfect.

[name_f]My[/name_f] second pick would be [name_m]Theo[/name_m] [name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m], but both [name_m]Theo[/name_m] and [name_m]August[/name_m] have become too popular in my opinion and are beginning to lose their charm.

I completely understand your worry about other people’s opinions but I do think that you should just stick to your own intuition and to the name that you feel is right for him. I do predict [name_m]Asa[/name_m] getting a bit more popular in the next few years, but I don’t think he’ll get to the point of [name_m]Theo[/name_m] and [name_m]August[/name_m] anytime soon which I think is a plus :sparkles:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] - wonderful option!!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I agree with everything you’ve said here! I feel the newness of [name_m]Asa[/name_m] to be so refreshing and the meaning of healer is wonderful. I also love [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], always have, but not as a first because I don’t entirely love the nn [name_m]Toby[/name_m]. [name_m]Cole[/name_m] is an honor to me, which none of my kids have honored me yet (but all have family honors) so it feels extra special. Like a name i’ve managed to truly pick out of love.

1 Like

Thank you!! :heart_hands:

Summary

You’re so very welcome :white_heart:

I think you’ve just answered all your concerns :sparkles:

Beside my love for [name_m]Asa[/name_m], I also love his meaning, especially in a world we currently live in. I am also totally with you when it comes to [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], I don’t like him nicknamed as much either. And [name_m]Cole[/name_m] closes this combo so beautifully.

Honestly, I haven’t seen this stunning combo on Nameberry in a while. [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] completely stole my heart :sunflower: he’s a perfect choice

1 Like

[name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] sounds perfect for your baby boy! The way you describe the name is so precious. It seems that you really love [name_m]Asa[/name_m] very much.
[name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] is a charming choice. This full name is very handsome. [name_m]Asa[/name_m] is gentle and peaceful. It has a great meaning. In my first language, Portuguese, [name_m]Asa[/name_m] means “wing”, which is really nice too. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_m]Cole[/name_m] flow very well together.

[name_m]Theo[/name_m] and [name_m]August[/name_m] are magnificent names, but I think you heart is set on [name_m]Asa[/name_m]. If you and your partner admire [name_m]Asa[/name_m] so much, please use it. You will never be able to please everyone’s taste. It’s your baby, only you and your partner can decide which name is right for him.

Good luck with everything :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

You are so kind!!! Thank you so much for thinking so <3

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words! I’m trying to tell myself that no matter what I cant go wrong, but you’re right that my heart feels set on [name_m]Asa[/name_m]. Let’s see if I can manage to stick with it :slight_smile: I’m bad about second guessing myself (in many aspects). You’re right, there will never be pleasing everyone. That’s the beauty of everyone having different tastes in things, such as names, I suppose! I like to think that, it would be a less interesting world if we all had the same top ten name.

1 Like

You honestly cannot go wrong with any of the three. As much as I love [name_m]Theo[/name_m] [name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m], the way you spoke about [name_m]Asa[/name_m] and calling him ‘Baby A’, [name_m]Asa[/name_m] seems like that’s his name. I agree that [name_m]Asa[/name_m] is fresh and you don’t hear it as often. I see [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_m]Theo[/name_m] all the time (not sure if that coordinates with the popularity though). I wouldn’t worry about what other people think since it’s your son and as long as you love the name, that’s all that matters. People in his life will love him for him, not his name :slight_smile:

Wishing you the best!

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]! Feels unexpected, yet very on-trend.

1 Like

I appreciate your comment about people loving him for him. You are very right, ultimately those who truly have love and care for him are not going to over think about what his name is!! That’s one of the most important reminders. <3 Thank you so much for your kind perspective!!

So glad you think so! I sometimes convince myself it’s totally off the wall based on earlier reactions I got from friends in real life. I broke my own cardinal rule about telling people in person to gauge reactions and admittedly the two I told didn’t have the most pleasant reaction. I had some rebound time from that, but then shook that off… I love it too much to let it change my mind, I guess.

1 Like

Definitely [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] :blush: sweet and unexpected

1 Like

These are all lovely, girl! Either way, baby boy is going to have an amazing name. I like [name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] better as a combo, but [name_m]Asa[/name_m] is far and away my favorite first name… so there’s no way I’m voting against [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] lol. Good luck, mama!

1 Like

It kind of sounds to me like you want to name the baby [name_m]Asa[/name_m] but are worried that people will judge you.

They might, but I think it would be best to ignore that. There are no names that everyone likes, and there isn’t anything wrong with [name_m]Asa[/name_m]. It’s a nice name - international, not too rare or too common, easy to say and spell. And I think “Asa [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] Cole” has the best flow of the three combos :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can agree with this! Thank you so much :face_holding_back_tears:Finding the perfect [name_m]Asa[/name_m] combo was a challenge so to speak in itself! I feel like this is my favorite one though, even though there are others who may not love double middles!

I think it’s surprised me how unfamiliar to some it feels! If I go too far out of baby name focused places, it’s very new to some people. But sometimes new (and incredible) things can feel scary. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Another vote for [name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]. :blush: I’ve loved it ever since you first posted about it. It sounds like you really love it, and that’s much more important than other people’s opinions.

All of your combos are wonderful. No matter what name you choose, it will be perfect for him.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I really believe so too. :white_heart:

1 Like