Baby and Jontee need names!

Sorry, just jumping in on [name]Ambrosia[/name]. As well as being the name for the dessert, in the UK it is a household name as the most popular brand of custard. [name]Ambrosia[/name] would sound in UK similar to using [name]Jemima[/name] in the US (because of Aunt [name]Jemima[/name]).

That said, our neighbours here in the UK named their little girl [name]Jemima[/name] (oblivious to Aunt [name]Jemima[/name]) and although we giggled to ourselves at first we got used to it really quickly. She gets called [name]Jemi[/name] now, so cute!

[name]Ambrosia[/name] sounds really lovely - it’s nice that you want to use. Lots of cute nickname potential in that one too.

All the best for you and the kids!

For Jontee, my vote is for [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmond[/name]. Such a handsome name, goes with [name]Raphael[/name], I like that [name]Edmond[/name] honors family and I really like the J.T. connection to Jontee.

For [name]Baby[/name], I’m glad you liked my idea for using baby or a diminuitive name. Hmmm, my votes for [name]Baby[/name] are:
[name]Ambrosia[/name] Rathnait [name]Sofia[/name] (Rathnait = little graceful one)
[name]Ambrosia[/name] [name]Nina[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] - although they all end in a. Maybe [name]Ambrosia[/name] [name]Sofie[/name] [name]Nina[/name]?? Not the best flow but I like the use of [name]Nina[/name] here for little girl
[name]Ambrosia[/name] [name]Zita[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] - same issue with the a endings. But I really like this one too.

My vote goes for:
[name]Ambrosia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmond[/name]
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name] twinkle- I second the above combos- both are great. I especially love [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmund[/name]!
I’m not trying to put you off [name]Ambrosia[/name] but I just wondered if you had considered [name]Olympia[/name] which also has mythological connections. I really like mythological connections too and I think [name]Olympia[/name] is v pretty :slight_smile:

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmond[/name] - J.T.
I think that works very well. [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Edmond[/name] reference your family, [name]Jasper[/name] is just for him and J.T links to Jontee.

As much as I loved [name]Ezekiel[/name] ([name]Zeke[/name]) maybe you are right on it being too biblical. [name]Raphael[/name] is ok because I think people think of it as being Spanish or Italian as much as they think of it being biblical.

[name]Raffy[/name], [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] fit very well though. Or [name]Raphael[/name], [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]. Or [name]Raffy[/name], [name]Rosie[/name] and J.T

You’re welcome, Twinkle!

I really love your idea of [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmond[/name]. I think that [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Raphael[/name] make an amazing set of brothers! :slight_smile:

Have a great night (or day)! :slight_smile:

Okay. My memory is totally underachieving tonight, so I went back and read your post. :slight_smile:

Yes, I love your name and your husband’s name. I love the name [name]Winifred[/name]/[name]Winnie[/name]!

I was really young when Mork and [name]Mindy[/name] was on TV, but I loved it! You should rent it, Twinkle! In the meantime, I’ll continue to work on the whole [name]Lorcan[/name] thing. :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I agree about [name]Raphael[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] sounding like a fantastic set of brothers. Did you see the theoretical twin thread? I think I decided to name my theoretical twins [name]Raphael[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] (or [name]Elias[/name]).
Good luck with the adoption :slight_smile:

I haven’t had a chance to read the whole thread (4 month old triplets don’t leave much free time!) but just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you, Jontee and [name]Baby[/name] and I just know you’ll bless them with two beautiful names :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
[name]Gracie[/name]

Thank you all for your compliments! And I hope you and your triplets are doing well, [name]Gracie[/name] :slight_smile:

I think we are now pretty much decided on [name]Ambrosia[/name] [name]Francis[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmond[/name], although of course we won’t get to change their names legally until after the adoption hearing. But we will probably begin to phase in [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] now - [name]Baby[/name]'s all ready to be called [name]Rosie[/name], in fact she can’t wait (it was the first thing she said to the social worker when we took her back - “I got a new name!”) but I don’t want it to be too confusing for little Jontee.

And thank you again, [name]Jill[/name]. I never used to like [name]Winifred[/name] or [name]Winnie[/name] (I probably still wouldn’t if they weren’t my name), and I’ve always been called Twinkle at home. When I was a teenager I tried to change my name to [name]Alice[/name], one of my mns, but over here it’s a very popular name for the generation of people who are around 20 and under. I’m 27, and so one year I was the only [name]Alice[/name], and the next year there were four more! So I decided to be [name]Winnie[/name] again, as the only one I’ve ever met was 50 years older than me :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] there should be a whole bunch of them. Gorgeous name. The nn’s are [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Mim[/name], [name]Mimi[/name], [name]Gem[/name], [name]Mia[/name].

[name]Just[/name] adding my congratulations, on the additions to your family and on coming up with such beautiful names for them! In fact, if you’d like to write a guest blog on the subject, I think it would be really fascinating. Please send me an email at pam@nameberry.com. Thanks!