Baby Beauregard

I’m stuck on the name [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] Duc(sounds like [name_m]Duke[/name_m]-french, family name) for our little boy, but my husband got all excited and started talking about [name_m]BO[/name_m] [name_m]Duke[/name_m] and the [name_m]General[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. Is it too close? Would that be a common connection? It didn’t occur to me at all until he started joking about it and I really don’t want people to think I named my child for a character in the Dukes of [name_m]Hazzard[/name_m]!

Since you spelled the mn Duc I thought it was pronounced “Duck” not “[name_m]Duke[/name_m]” so I didn’t see the connection. I don’t like the back-to-back d’s of the combo. If the name is already a joke perhaps you should choose something else. I’ve always felt [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] is better off in the middle spot. It sounds kind of pretentious and geeky at the same time so it would be a hard name for a boy.

I also read it as “duck”. My concerns with the first name is: 1. I have no idea how it’s pronounced. 2. I have no idea how to spell it. 3. [name_m]Will[/name_m] your child have a hard time learning how to spell it?

would you call him [name_m]Beau[/name_m] or [name_m]Duke[/name_m]?

I automatically thought of [name_m]Bo[/name_m] [name_m]Duke[/name_m].

I’m [name_m]French[/name_m] and it’s impossible for me to consider [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] like a name. It is like “Beautifuleye”.
I prefer [name_m]Beau[/name_m].

I too thought Duc was pronounce like duck, but as soon as seeing it was pronounced duke I automatically thought of Dukes of [name_m]Hazzard[/name_m] and [name_m]Bo[/name_m] [name_m]Duke[/name_m]. That being said I love [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m].

My fiancé has said the only way he’ll consider [name_m]Beau[/name_m] is if the middle name can be [name_m]Duke[/name_m], so annoying.