Baby Berries due April-June 2022

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve been around Nameberry (I was an active user for years, but really hated the forum switch and the loss of signatures), but we recently found out we’re expecting #2 on [name_f]May[/name_f] 25, and thought I’d try to give it another go!

Anyone else feeling the hormonal changes way quicker on the second or third time around? I’ve had mild cramping (normal uterus growth, I think) and need to pee constantly, and I just don’t remember this being a thing at 5 weeks last time.

Hoping to find some internet friends to commiserate with, as I won’t be announcing this pregnancy for quite a while–I’m currently on the academic job market, and although pregnancy is a protected class in terms of job discrimination, and I’d like to think that it wouldn’t affect my changes with a search committee, I’m also a realist.

6 Likes

@labelo, I recognized your profile pic immediately and just wanted to pop in here to say welcome back and congrats on your second!!

1 Like

Aww, thank you! It’s neat to see some “old” names around these parts!

2 Likes

I’m super old lol I’ve been on here since 2012.

Had a dream last night that I had a baby boy and his name was [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]. I’m not sure I would go the 2 middle route since I didn’t with my first, but I certainly don’t hate the combo!

4 Likes

Me too with @labelo profile picture!

I’ve also been on Nameberry a very long time.

I am struggling with food aversions. I feel quite nauseous. I’m mostly able to control the vomiting but feel pretty bad and also hungry. Unlike some of you I have already gained weight. With all of my pregnancies I gained a lot of weight. I lost a lot before this pregnancy. I’m hoping I feel better soon and can eat a little better and what I enjoy. I’m eating a lot of basic carbs because it is settling. Dinner last night was just a bowl of [name_u]Rice[/name_u] Crispies.

I hadn’t been contemplating names at all. We have all the names we didn’t use with the last baby and clearly at this point have a sense of what we like. We have more girl options than boys. Last pregnancy my husband had very few boy names he was willing to contemplate.

What I have started to think about was telling our children. They will be the first to know. Last time we just told them but the group average is now older and I was thinking it might be fun to do something exciting.

I’ve been trying to arrange NIPT. Family doctor is having to arrange it since it is 9 to 10 weeks and OB won’t take anyone until 12 to 13 weeks. I’ve been followed with all of my others since 6 weeks so it feels a little odd.

1 Like

I’m having trouble getting in for NIPT as well until 12 weeks. I haven’t even had a dating ultrasound yet! Scheduled next week when I’ll already be 9 weeks along. I also was followed much earlier last time, it seems weird.

I hear you on the simple carbs. I can’t keep anything else down. I’m now on 4 different meds and IV fluids 3x a week but it’s still so much better than my first pregnancy so far.

1 Like

The whole point of NIPT is having early information!

The telephone tag is frustrating, the receptionist at my family doctor misunderstood when relaying to the doctor who scheduled me for the NT ultrasound. So I had to call back and explain that the Lab wants a basic dating ultrasound before NIPT to confirm date and rule out multiples… not the NT test the NIPT.

I am extremely knowledgeable in pregnancies but keep thinking how difficult, sad it would be right now for someone who doesn’t know to be navigating this essentially on their own.

2 Likes

I just looked, and apparently I’ve been around since 2013 :exploding_head:

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] has a really lovely flow! I also like just [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] if you wanted to stick with just one middle, so long as you don’t mind going heavy on the water motif!

1 Like

We’ve moved and are now using a different healthcare provider, and I’m not scheduled for my first ultrasound/appt until 10w1d, which surprised me. I went in right at 7 weeks during my first pregnancy. I called about three seconds after I got a positive test, so it wasn’t as though I waited–I guess different doctors just have different protocols? Maybe COVID has providers trying to cut down visits?
I don’t really want to tell family until we hear a heartbeat and confirm everything looks good, but waiting until 10 weeks seems excruciating.

Fingers crossed for you guys, nausea-wise. It hasn’t kicked in for me yet, but I’ve started eating breakfast again (something I don’t normally do) in an attempt to head it off when it eventually starts. Lots of bagels + cream cheese in the morning for me. Honestly, the uterine cramps and bloating/gas are bad enough.

Which country do you live in if you don’t mind me asking? I had my booking in appointment with my midwife at 6 weeks both pregnancy’s but never had an ultrasound scheduled before 12-13 weeks.

I’m in NZ.

You inspired me to check my join date. It shows as [name_u]March[/name_u] 2016 but I am sure it was actually 2013/14. If memory serves me correctly, it reset during pregnancies and a change with Nameberry.

Does anyone here have an experience of antenatal rage- like irrational (intensity- there’s always a reason it starts) rage over stupid little things?? It’s completely blindsided me this pregnancy as I never had it with my daughter. 9 weeks [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] and it’s been getting worse so I’m hoping it disappears as the hormones start to level out at the end of the first trimester.

9 weeks in! I’ve had to tell my college that I’m pregnant so they can help me out to get my requisite hours for my placement that I need to pass my course so I’m going to be starting to work 3 days a week on placement instead of 2 after the [name_u]October[/name_u] holidays so that when I have the baby in [name_f]May[/name_f] I should have all the days I need and really just need to write up my assessments which I can do in advance. It wasn’t the best time to get pregnant tbh but we are working around it and I’m just trying to go with the flow and not overthink things. [name_f]My[/name_f] boyfriend has officially moved in with me at my mum’s place because we can’t really afford to move out right now and I’m full time in college and not really bringing any real money in. I would have preferred to be more financially stable that we currently are but with Covid things aren’t exactly where we would like them to be. Sorry for the little rant/vent there but it feels good to just write it all out.

I have a feeling that it’s a boy, I don’t know why but maybe mother’s intuition?? If so we both love [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] (we live in [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] so it’s not too weird) and also [name_m]Otis[/name_m] or [name_m]Otto[/name_m], I’ve found that my bf really likes O sounds for boys names. If it is a girl then we both like [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] but also [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. I like the idea of having kids called [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] and Flora…so if we have another child one day at least I have a sibset in mind! :upside_down_face:

I’ve felt a little more queasy the past few morning but thankfully no vomiting! I have been craving apples a lot and I have an real thirst for really cold water.

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] to see that everybody is doing well and congrats to everybody who has joined and wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies! :heart:

2 Likes

So happy to be joining this thread! Currently 4 weeks and 5 days, due [name_u]June[/name_u] 4th. This is my first. Didn’t realize there would be so much cramping! Pelvic rocks are helping at least.

I’m trying to eat well while I can, before any nausea might start kicking in. Have a scan booked for week 7. Only my partner knows so far, and I really don’t know what I’m doing. Can’t wait till I can comfortably tell my friends so I can have some more insight into this crazy process!

5 Likes

Cold crisp apples are also working for me.

You are in it now, try and not let the would have, could have, should haves take up too much space in your mind.

Mother’s intuition regarding boy or girl is actually pretty high. Out of all the old wives tales etc it is more likely to be accurate. We haven’t found out for any of our children and I have been correct with all of them.

1 Like

I am sorry you are struggling. Try and take care of yourself and get as much sleep as possible.

Had my dating ultrasound today and looks like my EDD is [name_f]May[/name_f] 6th. Everything looked good with heartrate, little [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] (placeholder name…probably) was already wiggling around in there.

Naming is hard and I hate my whole list right now, ugh.

4 Likes

Congratulations thats really exciting and reassuring. We are only a couple days apart from eachother.

I’m in the US.
It seems like first ultrasounds really vary here; some practices do an early 7/8 week one, others wait on low-risk pregnancies until 10-13 weeks.
In my first pregnancy I had both, plus the 20 week anatomy scan. [name_f]My[/name_f] midwife at the time said they like to do the early one especially to catch ectopic pregnancies early and for people with irregular menstrual cycles to get a more accurate date.

1 Like