Baby Berries due April-June 2022

With less monitoring this pregnancy I am trying really hard not to let worries and negatives overtake my thoughts.

I think I will feel more reassured post NIPT. Which looks like a week. I hope the results come in quickly.

[name_f]My[/name_f] N.T. ultrasound is scheduled in 3 weeks.

I actually put pen to paper and jotted down some name thoughts today!

2 Likes

So I caved and scheduled a private ultrasound at a place that specializes in ultrasound photos (esp. the 4D type, but they do old school ultrasounds/heartbeat listens, too). The owner is a certified ultrasound tech who used to work for an OBGYN, so she should know what sheā€™s doing.
[name_f]My[/name_f] family is visiting from out of state in a few weeks, but my first OBGYN ultrasound doesnā€™t happen until after they leave, and Iā€™d really like to tell them about the pregnancy in person, but only if Iā€™ve seen a baby and heard a heartbeat. It was surprisingly inexpensive; I think most of their money is made selling photos/video, which I donā€™t need.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got my ultrasound scan in a few weeks, I think Iā€™ll be about 13 weeks. Iā€™m nervous but super excited. I just want to see baby and know that he/she is well and growing properly.

The queasiness has gone for now so Iā€™m happy but knowing my luck it will come back suddenly at the worst possible time. But the food cravings! Oh my goodness, I have been annihilating apples! Anything apple-y is being eaten, I made a big batch of apple compote/sauce which Iā€™ve been eating as a snack or with porridge, so delicious! But Iā€™ve also been craving fake cheese flavours like Wotsits, nacho cheese Doritos, and Quavers and also cheap macaroni cheese which is bizarre as I hate macaroni cheese, my boyfriend is a chef so he tried making me a fancy mac and cheese and it turned my stomach so back to the cheap boxed stuff.

I still feel really strongly that itā€™s a boy and [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] is currently number 1 and I want to go with two middle names. Weā€™ve decided not to find out the sex, I know we are thinking a bit ahead but its good that we are both on the same page.

I hope everybody is feeling good and are healthy and happy!

Itā€™s great that youā€™ll be able to see baby ahead of your family visiting. I hope it goes well!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! When I was pregnant with my first child, almost 6 years ago,I was very active on the momberries forums and really enjoyed talking and interacting with fellow moms due around the same time as me during my pregnancy journey. So I wanted to log to see if I could join another group during this pregancy.

I just found out I was pregnant this past week. This is a huge surprise because I had been on the mini pill (birth control) daily and was taking other medications due to complications I had after contracting COVID in Nov 2020. About two weeks after getting COVID I all of the sudden had vision obstructions in my eyes and come to find out I had extreme fluid pressure in my brain swelling my optic nerves. So since last year I have been on medications to decrease the swelling and let my optic nerves heal. I had been working with my neuro ophthalmologist this year and he has been trying to wean me off the medications and I was down one minimal dose a day starting the end of [name_u]August[/name_u]. After getting off the medicine the plan was going to start TTC but the world had other plans for me I guess lol. :rofl:

In the last couple months I had been having breast tenderness, but every time I looked up the side effects of my mini pill birth control (which is progestin only), breast tenderness and breast enlargement were side effects. Some other side effects were going on too (lack of appetite, super tired all the time, way more emotional that normal) that I decided to take pregnancy test last [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] and it came out super positive. I hadnā€™t had a period since [name_u]July[/name_u] but I didnā€™t think anything of it because my birth control doesnā€™t have a placebo week, its just 4 full weeks of medication so you can have irregular bleeding or no periods at all.

So I called my doctors office and they ordered bloodwork. They called and informed me that I was pregnant and based on the levels of my HCG I was maybe around 6 weeks pregnant. They scheduled my first visit and ultrasound for Nov 2. I asked the nurse if there was any appointments sooner because I was super concerned (since I wasnā€™t trying to get pregnant and I was taking other medications) and I thought maybe I was further along than 6 weeks, but they had no other openings. I did consult my neuro ophthalmologist and he advised me to go off my medication for the time being and he will see me at the end of the month to make sure how Iā€™m doing.

I decided to go to a local womenā€™s health clinic that can complete pregnancy tests and ultrasounds at no cost just for peace of mind ( I was super worried about ectopic pregnancy since there is a higher chance of that happening being on the mini pill when getting pregnant).The nurse at the clinic did my pregnancy test and of course it was positive and then we completed an ultrasound and come to find out I have a 12w6d little baby in my belly (as of Friday). The nurse was so excited she printed out lots of pictures. [name_f]My[/name_f] due date is [name_f]April[/name_f] 16th and the babyā€™s little heart rate was around 158 bpm. Tomorrow Iā€™m going to call my OB and let them know that Iā€™m fact much further along than 6 weeks (yeah try double that) and I really need to be seen sooner than Nov 2.

Iā€™m excited to go back and read everyone pregnancy journey so far. Iā€™ve always wanted a second baby. I had a miscarriage last year around Motherā€™s [name_u]Day[/name_u] 2020 so this little one will be my rainbow baby. Its true what they say, you canā€™t plan the future sometimes! <3

10 Likes

Congratulations!
Iā€™m sort of shocked that they went just off of HCG numbers when you hadnā€™t had a period since Julyā€“HCG rises and then falls again in a bell curve starting around week 10, so Iā€™m not surprised that your 12 weeks levels were ā€œlow.ā€ I would have assumed theyā€™d calculate from LMP just to be safe.
I hope they can get you in quicker than Nov 2ā€“they should definitely want you in for an appt before youā€™re 16+ weeks!

3 Likes

Thank you! I called my doctors office back and let them know that I had gone to a clinic and they determined I was almost 13 weeks. The nurse called me back and asked if I could have the clinic send my ultrasounds and report so she could show the doctors and try to get me in sooner. I had the clinic fax everything and then my doctors office finally called me back and said they had an appointment for me this [name_m]Thursday[/name_m].

1 Like

@emmillose thatā€™s wild!!! Crossing my fingers for you that everything goes well with your optic nerve situation. Congratulations!

1 Like

@labelo I understand your need to see the ultrasound.

@emmillose welcome and congratulations.

Has everyone started to announce? Are you just saying it or announcing in fancy ways?

Today I had my NIPT . Iā€™ve become increasingly nervous. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] to get the results quickly. One concern I have is that they will test for gender despite us not wanting to know and someone will say it. I told our receptionist at the doctor office who I am friendly with, that if she sees it on the forms not to tell me and pretend she doesnā€™t know! I also had another round of iron thyroid and HCG Done today.

NT is in 2 weeks.

1 Like

I told one close friend as I always want one person to talk about it/complain about symptoms with and she doesnā€™t know anyone else in my family or friendship groups so she doesnā€™t have to worry about accidentally letting it slip to anyone else I know :slight_smile: I told her last time for the same reason.

I also have a cousin who has guessed! She has two dogs and when I was pregnant last time they were obsessed with me. Well I went round to hers [name_f]Monday[/name_f] afternoon and theyā€™re all over me again- after not being obsessive over me in the 10months since my DD was born :weary: She definitely wonā€™t tell anyone though and she didnā€™t come straight out and say it either- I can just tell sheā€™s put two and two together.

In terms of how weā€™ll announce it eventually though, I bought a ā€œpromoted to big sisterā€ onesie for my daughter that I put on her to tell my husband so weā€™ll probably take a cute picture of her in it- maybe holding an ultrasound pic- and print it off and put inside a card and send to our parents :blush: We donā€™t announce on social media but will probably put the same picture on a couple of family chats weā€™re in on WhatsApp and then let the news spread on its own accord.

1 Like

TW

Well folks, went to the private ultrasound and it wasnā€™t good newsā€“the tech found a sac measuring 6 weeks (I should be 8) and no baby, so it looks like a blighted ovum. Calling my doctor in the morning to see how to proceed.

Iā€™ll bow out for now; wishing all of you happy and healthy pregnancies!

Iā€™m so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :heart:

[name_f]My[/name_f] heart breaks for you @labelo Iā€™m so sorry.
I had a blighted ovum last year and it was tough. Sending you lots of hugs as you go forward.

Thanks for the love, guys.

The sagaā€™s not quite over. I went in for an ultrasound with the doc today. Measured 6w1d, and she was able to see a visible fetal pole but no heartbeat. If I actually were only 6w, this would be normal and not a cause for concern, and the doc encouraged me to wait for a bit, not panic, and come in for a follow up ultrasound in 7-10 days to check for growth.

She seemed to think that it was possible that this was viable, but Iā€™m finding it hard to have much hope. I know thereā€™s mistakes with due dates all the time, but I feel like thatā€™s usually when you have an irregular cycle or arenā€™t sure when your last LMP was.

[name_f]My[/name_f] LMP was 8/17, and Iā€™m fairly regular at 29 days cycles, which means I should be 8w2d today. I did get my positive test a bit later than expected (tested a couple days before my missed period, got a negative, then again a couple days after on 9/18 and got a positive. So assuming I had a wonky cycle and ovulated late and/or had late implantation, I still had a positive pregnancy test almost 4 weeks agoā€“even assuming I caught the positive super early, like 9DPO, I should be at least 7w2d.

So the waiting game beginsā€“I go in on 10/27 for a follow up ultrasound. The being is limbo is killer.

2 Likes

When I got pregnant with my son 6 years ago I was in a crazy limbo as well. I had my period 12/13/2014. Then nothing happened in [name_u]January[/name_u] 2015. I took tests and all were negative but I never had a period that month. Cut ahead two weeks a couple days before Valentineā€™s [name_u]Day[/name_u] I took a test and it was positive. I called OB and they said based on my period I could come in for an ultrasound that next [name_f]Monday[/name_f]. I went in and they found a super small egg with a fetal pole but no heartbeat yet. I was about 5.5 weeks at that time according to the size of the egg. They had me come back 2 weeks later to complete an ultrasound again and there my little guy was wiggling around with a heartbeat. I just wanted to share my story and I hope after you wait this next week you have a similar outcome.

When I had my blighted ovum last year the sac was completely empty. No fetal pole at all. I had multiple scans over a 2 week period and a fetal pole never developed before I miscarried naturally. I think the fact that your little bean has a fetal pole is a great sign. Try to relax this next week but I know how tormenting it is to wait for the next scan!

4 Likes

I am sorry for what you are going through. The wait is absolutely unbareable torture. Also not having publicly announced people donā€™t understand you are going through something. It is just an impossible situation and unfortunately nothing can speed it up. Hoping for the best.

2 Likes

@labelo ooof what a mind trip. Crossing everything for you

I finally have my first OB appointment this week and also NIPT and appt with the genetic counselor. Then nuchal translucency US next week. The nausea and vomiting are better managed now so Iā€™m doing leaps and bounds better than my last pregnancy.

Iā€™m convinced Iā€™m having another boy. Iā€™m going to laugh if not because that would mean Iā€™ve been wrong both times :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I did NIPT [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] morning and finding the wait very hard. They are saying 10 business days but really hope it is sooner.

I am having constant prompts on social media about Down Syndrome, probably because of all my googling about NIPT.

NT is [name_f]Monday[/name_f] next week. Iā€™m really happy my husband can come this time, unless all the kids get sick again haha.

Iā€™m very eager to see my OB which is also next week. I first saw her over 15 years ago for gynecological surgery and have a strong relationship and think of her very fondly.

1 Like

In my last Baby Berries due group we created a due date post. It was in chronological order of due first to last of the months and members name. I canā€™t remember how we did it if one just started then we added but it was nice to see them all together. I will start if anyone wants to add. Iā€™ll scan previous posts to add any dates I see.

Please correct any mistakes I made, I scanned the best I could and had my youngest crawling over me while compiling it haha so apologies in advance!

16 [name_f]April[/name_f] - Emmillose

25 [name_f]April[/name_f] - Blambwife

4 [name_f]May[/name_f] - Sarahjane1

4 [name_f]May[/name_f] - [name_f]Lunette[/name_f]

6 [name_f]May[/name_f] - Moonkai

8 [name_f]May[/name_f] - [name_m]Cleaver[/name_m]

9 [name_f]May[/name_f] - Moonkai

25 [name_f]May[/name_f] - Labelo

4 [name_u]June[/name_u] - Zinnia_Bloom

4 Likes