Baby Berries due April-June 2022

Originally was [name_f]May[/name_f] 9th based on my own calculation but got updated at my dating US to [name_f]May[/name_f] 6th.

Due Date List!

16 April - Emmillose

25 April - Blambwife

4 May - Sarahjane1

4 May - Lunette

6 May - Moonkai

8 May - Cleaver

25 May - Labelo

10 June - Zinnia_Bloom

[name_m]Just[/name_m] had my first ultrasound today at 7 weeks! Felt amazing to hear the strong heartbeat. [name_m]Just[/name_m] makes it all so real! [name_f]My[/name_f] due date according to measurements has been updated to [name_u]June[/name_u] 10th. Going in for my NIPT in three weeks and I totally hear you [name_m]Cleaver[/name_m], canā€™t imagine the nerves that comes with waiting for the test result.

1 Like

Shows how sleep deprived I am that I didnā€™t even realize I added both of your dates to the list. [name_f]My[/name_f] apologies.

All of my children are sick again. I was in my middles room for 3 hours last night. I keep chuckling to myself that we have signed up for many more sleepless nights haha

Congratulations that is really wonderful!! [name_f]My[/name_f] dating ultrasound was really early so she showed me the heartbeat but didnā€™t have us listen. It really is amazing hearing it. Did you get any photos to take home? I know it isnā€™t much at 7 weeks but still fun. I really hope next week we get an actual printout of the baby. We werenā€™t given one at the dating ultrasound she just said I could take a photo. With all my other pregnancies we were given photos with every ultrasound.

I desperately hoped I would have the NIPT results today but no such luck. I was doing better with with wait but now am struggling again. Is your NIPT covered or will you have to pay?

Ahh itā€™s so hard to have patience isnā€™t it? I always struggled so much with the two week wait as well. This whole process requires loads of patience!

[name_f]My[/name_f] NIPT is covered, I think because Iā€™m over 35 years old. Unfortunately my doctorā€™s printer was broken but I took photos with my phone and took a video of the heartbeat to play back for my husband when I got home :heartpulse:

Being over 35 are you getting comments or feedback implying you are old or a ā€œgeriatric pregnancyā€?

I am also older this time, my family doctor very briefly commented on my age in passing but kept going. I donā€™t think my OB will make it a thing.

I understand the eggs, increased difficulty getting pregnant, and increase in some chromosomal differences, I donā€™t know maybe denial but donā€™t view myself old at all!

I did recently read that planned c-sections are sometimes performed slightly earlier with advance maternal age. Iā€™m curious about that as I will definitely be having another.

Luckily no comments about my age at all! It could be because I live in a very large coastal city so itā€™s very common for women to have kids later here. I really dislike the use of the word ā€œgeriatricā€ in terms pregnancy, lol.

I also feel young. I was a bit worried that maybe just because I look and feel young, that itā€™s not an indicator of what my ovaries are likeā€¦ so it was a huge relief to get a positive test result within a few months of trying. I only plan on having one kid, so as long as this one works out, then Iā€™m happy as a clam.

1 Like

The waiting is killing me. I am normally such a patient person but not when it comes to baby!

I had some spotting yesterday evening so I got myself an emergency appointment to see my GP and she has managed to get me an earlier scan in for next week just to check that everything is okay. It was just a little bit of spotting last night and Iā€™ve not had any more since so Iā€™m hoping it is just cervical changes or what not like my GP said. Trying to keep calm and not worry too much is hard but Iā€™m trying to stay positive.

2 Likes

I am so sorry it really is so challenging. I am glad you got moved up but still a long wait.

Iā€™ve spiraled into what ifs. The waiting for the NIPT results is killing me.

[name_f]My[/name_f] last pregnancy was flagged at the NT, low level but still recommended and I had an amnio. The wait was shorter but I donā€™t remember finding it this difficult.

I had the NIPT bloodwork last [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] morning, the lab called last [name_m]Thursday[/name_m] afternoon to confirm specifics (single/multiple, natural/ivf). I really thought Iā€™d have the results by now.

1 Like

@Cleaver Iā€™m in a similar boat right now waiting for blood results to come back! The sample got to the lab last week but the doctors office hadnā€™t finished some administrative parts of the order until the beginning of this week. Everyone around me keeps asking if I have it back yet (they all want to know the gender results that are included with the labs) but Iā€™m more concerned about finding out if baby is healthy since I was on all those medications.

2 Likes

I am sorry it really is a challenging experience. The person growing the baby worries the most I think! You had a pretty unusual situation so understandably would be filled with what ifs.

1 Like

I called my family doctor, got the receptionist who Iā€™ve known forever and asked if they had my NIPT results.

She checked and after a very long delay said she had themā€¦ and silence, then she said ā€œwhat do you want to know?ā€! Oh my goodness, torture. I understand it isnt their specialty that the OBGYN usually deals with it. She replied the doctor had signed off on it, okay well low or high risk for the 3 big markers!!! She read more indepth and the baby is Low Risk for all 3 and luckily they didnā€™t test for gender.

I feel a bit relieved but maybe in shock. Itā€™ll be really nice on [name_f]Monday[/name_f] to go for the ultrasound with my husband and see the baby. Hopefully then I can sigh a big breath of relief!

3 Likes

Wow that is just cruel that they kept the tension going like that! I wouldā€™ve been sweating bullets. Congrats on the good news!!

Thank you haha

The pause, added with them not answering my two calls the day before and when she said they had the results but hadnā€™t called me despite knowing I was highly nervous this time round, all made me think it was bad news and for sure High Risk.

Also I would like to clarify I do understand it is of the highest priority to me but they have numerous patients and it is a pandemic so not of the same importance to them.

I am outside raking leaves while my children play. Trying to go a bit easy as the last day I have had some cramping on the right side. I believe it is just ligament stretching and uterus growth.

1 Like

Oof, @Cleaver what a stressful experience. I also didnā€™t realize that the NIPT test took so long to process. I got mine 2 days ago so I still have 8+ days to wait. One good thing I guess is that our organization delivers test results directly to our digital digital patient chart which I have instant access to. The downside of this of course is that you are able to look at your results without the interpretation from somebody who knows what theyā€™re talking about so it might be easy to make a mistake looking at it on your own.

Iā€™m still just over here praying that my HG improves over the next few weeks. Iā€™m super tired and extremely irritable. [name_f]My[/name_f] six-year-old is recovering from some sort of respiratory virus (not COVID thankfully) and just spends all day coughing and hacking- I donā€™t even want to be in the same room with him. And having all of the parental guilt about being too tired and sick to spend quality time together.

Bah, howā€™s everyone else holding up?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been lurking on nameberry since I started TTC 4 months ago, but at 4:30 this morning got an immediate and clear BFP. If everything goes well, this will be my 3rd child, and each of them will be 5 years apart ā€” an age gap which has saved my sanity, I think. I am in my 40s and wasnā€™t totally convinced this would work, so this is all a bit surreal. I just feel the need to write it down so I can believe it myself! Anyway, I just squeak into this thread with a self-calculated [name_u]June[/name_u] 30th DD. Iā€™m enjoying reading about everyoneā€™s journeys!

7 Likes

Congratulations and welcome to officially joining!

1 Like

Baby Berries due April - June 2022
Due Date List!

16 April - Emmillose

25 April - Blambwife

4 May - Sarahjane1

6 May - Moonkai :blue_heart: Boy

7 May - Cleaver

9 May - Lunette *Twins

25 May - Labelo

10 June - Zinnia_Bloom

30 June - Pittieparty