Baby Berries due April-June 2023

Yea I definitely trust my team in regards to these things. Especially when it comes to my iron counts. Each pregnancy has been hard on to some degree with food aversions and morning sickness. My first was the absolute worst…. Pretty much 9 months of not even being able to keep down normal water.- watermelon, lemonade, jello and vitamin water were my 4 ways of hydration during that pregnancy (all suggestions by the midwives). And the list of foods I could keep down were very minimal- so for pregnancies 1-3 my main iron source has been via prescribed slow release iron supplements. This is the first pregnancy where I’ve been able to have a prenatal that has iron in it. So I’ve been in the clear up to this point . But just adding iron this and iron that to my diet is easier said then done. I do think part of the “borderline” conclusion is because lately I’ve often times found myself looking at my prenatal trying to remember if I actually had already taken it that day or if I’m just remembering taken it because I had taken it the day prior and then not knowing what to do.

3 Likes

28 weeks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Currently doing a 2 hr wait glucose test. Yuck. Don’t know which is worse, the drink or the wait! [name_u]Or[/name_u] the fasting from last night, ha, I am so hungry! I should be reading my hypnobirthing book but I ended up chatting to another mum instead which was nice.

Fingers crossed levels are ok. I’ve been ok in previous pregnancies but I’m 41 now so I guess they could be a factor in this.

Names aren’t getting anywhere.

Favourites are still [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Elena[/name_f] but still not sure and husband likes [name_f]Elena[/name_f] but feel like we’ll have to pronounce it [name_f]El[/name_f] ee na rather than [name_f]El[/name_f] lay na so it doesn’t clash with the surname.

4 Likes

How very encouraging to know you’re 41. I’m right next behind you. It is silly that women are considered “elderly” after 35.

I would be worried that people might start using the rhyming [name_f]Elena[/name_f] as a funny nickname, and I wouldn’t like it.

2 Likes

Yes I know what you mean. Kids will pick up on all sorts of things if they want to make fun of others :confused:

Glucose test result was normal - hooray!

I would say that in general I don’t feel any different this pregnancy from previous and I’m quite certain I’m healthier than I was ten years ago just due to knowing more about my body/diet, going strictly gluten free for example has helped me feels a lot better etc. I had a hair tissue mineral analysis done a few years ago too which was fascinating and pinpointed where I was deficient and needed to concentrate on which has also helped and I’d do that again.

2 Likes

Any babies born early? Looking forward to birth announcements!

6w or so left for us! The plan is CS the [name_m]Friday[/name_m] before mother’s day (50% drop in likelihood of labor after 40w, after 4 failed tolacs, so whatever). Looking forward to holding the little one in arms!

2 Likes

@SimplyJaz’s little girl arrived earlier this month, she posted in Birth Announcements last week. :blush:

4 Likes

34 weeks here. Hubby and I are at odds at when this little one is coming. He’s thinking early. I’m hoping I’ll go to at least week 41 which would get us to Mothers [name_u]Day[/name_u]. I told him if I end up having this one in [name_f]April[/name_f] then I want another in [name_u]July[/name_u]! (Because then our family would have one birthday every month from [name_u]February[/name_u] to [name_u]August[/name_u] :joy:). [name_f]My[/name_f] first two pregnancies went until 41w1d so midwife was saying they’ll likely hold off on the strep test until closer to my actual due date. Had an appointment last week and baby isn’t quite head down more diagonal which is what #3 did at this point. No concern yet. I will be meeting with a delivery MD to go over and sign off on the VBAC. Its standard procedure. In other news hospitals and doctors offices around us are releasing relaxed mask guidelines. Our pediatrician just nixed them this AM actually. This makes hubby and I hopeful at our delivering hospital following suit. Our last baby was born in 2020 and all the guidelines on everything made for such a less then ideal situation. So seeing them all possibly lifted makes it seem so well…. Uplifting!

4 Likes

30 weeks here, I’m starting to feel uncomfortable and sleeping poorly, also I have a huge belly already! And most importantly I can’t wait to meet my little one, so I’d like him to arrive at 37-38 weeks lol we’ll see what happens.
@SimplyJaz she’s beautiful and Nella is such a beautiful name, I love it so much.

How is everyone else doing? Also if someone doesn’t mind…how much weight are you gaining? I’ve gained 9kg in 30 weeks and Ob/Gyn is so mad at me! Apparently I should have gained maximum 5kg at this point… but I can’t really help it

Hugs

3 Likes

I’m 38 weeks tomorrow (yay!) and everything is going swimmingly still (touch wood). I get up 2-3 times per night to use the bathroom, but I always get back to sleep straight away, so I’ve been sleeping surprisingly well. No other issues apart from the heartburn, but even that’s started to ease now that baby girl is (I think) shifting lower down into my pelvis.

Umm, so I’ve gained around 6.5kg on my pre-pregnancy weight. My midwife hasn’t been taking my weight every visit, so I haven’t had any feedback on whether that’s normal or otherwise. :woman_shrugging:

I’m surprised they’d be so specifc as to say you should have only gained Xkg at this point. I would have thought there’d be a generous range for “normal” weight gain by weeks/months pregnant. If you’re eating healthy, then I’m sure it’s nothing to worry too much about!

5 Likes

My last appointment was last week at 33 weeks 3 days. At that point that had measured me as having gained 11 lbs… which they noted was a 1 lb gain from my previous appointment a month earlier. They’ve noted it as being a good weight gain throughout…. Which has actually been a relief to this pregnancy. My first two pregnancies I was always getting told that my weight gain was concerning in the first two trimesters because it was going so slow. I actually remember with my 2nd I was getting told during that vbac consult that I needed to start putting on weight or something would have to be done…. But thankfully started gaining so never found out what that something was going to be.

I’m on a the short side of things and was 135 at the beginning of this pregnancy. And when I had my nurse intake appointment prior to my first actual appointment they told me the total weight gain they were looking for during this pregnancy would be 15 lbs. I’m surprised that if they have such specific expectations they haven’t been upfront with you from the beginning.

1 Like

Hello all! I’m due mid [name_u]June[/name_u] with #5, our third girl. I’ve lurked on this board a bit but haven’t jumped in until now :smiling_face:.

Anyone else really struggle with name confidence in naming their baby? Other than my first, I’ve intensely regretted/wanted to change either the first, middle, or order of my kids names after deciding on them and signing the paperwork. And now that I’m 27 weeks with number #5 I’ve feeling totally lost and unconfident in deciding on her name. I love so many names, and on any given day can feel totally confident that X combo is the right one. But then I waver…again and feel back to square one. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is not as interested and invested as I am, and happy to go along with what I decide. Though I know my indecisiveness and overthinking is not that fun :woozy_face:. I’m fairly calm and decisive in the rest of my life, so I have no idea why naming gets to me like this :crazy_face:.

2 Likes

@minxtruck @Alix2016 yes both the obstetrician and the midwife were very specific since the beginning, according to my weight and height they said I should gain only 10kg throughout the pregnancy, being half of it during the third trimester.
@Mal51989 welcome! I don’t have any kids yet but for us is being really difficult to pick a name, already 31 weeks along and we don’t have a clue, my husband just doesn’t love the names I do and also I don’t feel confident enough as to decide it by myself. It’s very stressful because I’ve been thinking about baby names practically every day since I was a little girl so never thought this would happen to me.

1 Like

Thanks @AlSP ! Naming is hard, there are just so many (good!) options out there :joy:. I always thought I would experience just knowing what was the right one and it has yet to happen. As silly as it sounds, I’m trying to [name_f]Mari[/name_f] Kondo down my list :joy:. Keeping the names which spark joy, deleting the ones which don’t and thanking them for being lovely but not right. It’s helped a little the last few days as I contemplate it :woman_shrugging:t2:.

2 Likes

I think this is me a lot this time. We have two options for girls names, that I actually came up with and hubby approved. One that I feel has edged out and I know is hubby’s preferred pick. But then with both picks I just have all these things to over analyze about. Both picks don’t match the number of syllables of our current kids for example. Another big hang up for me is that my current daughters middle name- blessing- constantly gets this “wow that’s an awesome middle” reaction from others and I don’t get that vibe from our “in the waiting” combos. (Promi$e Ruth / Ph0ebe Joy) But then look at my current boys names and their middles are rather common as well and so are the middle options for boys we have on the short list. So I’m trying to not focus on it…. But it’s hard to turn off the brain.

1 Like

I am having some contractions here and there. Only 4.5 weeks left to hope they’ll become productive!

4 Likes

I’m 39+3 today and no signs of labour yet, so I think our little lady is definitely going to arrive after her due date (12th). I’m feeling really good and loving every moment of my pregnancy still, so I’m more than happy to wait a little longer to meet her and just enjoy this quiet time while it lasts!

No news to report on the name front. We’re still set on deciding when she gets here, but our current shortlist is [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Della[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f].

5 Likes

36 weeks today! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] has been transverse these past two visits. Going for an ultrasound next week… if baby is still not where they should be I’ll be looking at having another ECV. Last time I was faced with this my daughter was completely breech… dr said this would be more a 90 degree turn. So hopefully that would improve the success odds. We’ll see!

4 Likes

37 weeks now. Ultrasound showed baby is head down! I’m so curious to know when this baby is going to arrive. The littlest things, like climbing the stairs, make me feel like I’m putting myself into labor. But then other things make me wonder if there’s still a ways to go. Trying to just do my best at this point to get as ready as possible for whenever the day arrives! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] all is well with everyone else!

3 Likes

41 weeks today and still no sign of baby girl :sweat_smile: There were 5 mums in my antenatal group and I was due 2nd of the group, but all the other babies have arrived and I’m now the last one waiting for my little one!!

The hospital offered me a sweep & to book in an induction at my appointment last week, but I was only 40+1 then, so I declined and said I wanted to continue expectant management until at least 41 weeks. [name_f]My[/name_f] next appointment is [name_m]Friday[/name_m] at 41+2. If she hasn’t arrived by then, I’ll probably consent to a sweep that morning in the hope it gets things going naturally over the weekend. If not, I’ll probably have to concede and let them book an induction for 42 weeks. [name_u]Will[/name_u] be so disappointed if it comes to that… I really wanted to go into labour spontaneously so I could give birth in the midwife-led unit and try for a water birth. :pensive:

7 Likes

I’m 39 weeks and have wondered every day for the past week if today is the day. I’m having contractions and some of them even grab my attention. With my first I went into labor spontaneously 5 days before my due date and with my second I was induced two days before my due date because I had preeclampsia. This time around I beat the preeclampsia with a recommended diet and I’m incredibly grateful not to have to suffer through that again. [name_f]My[/name_f] next appointment is scheduled for after my due date and I’m hoping to have to call the midwife before then.

[name_f]My[/name_f] three and a half year old son has significantly added to his suggestion for the new baby’s name. He now insists that the baby’s name will be [name_f]Juju[/name_f] Smith-Schuster [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Washington[/name_m] [name_f]Sigourney[/name_f] [name_u]Alex[/name_u] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u]. JuE-JuE for short. What a funny guy!

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I have settled on [name_m]Clay[/name_m] [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] for a boy and [name_f]Cate[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] for a girl. I have the changing table set up and the bassinet put together. I couldn’t figure out how to get my mind off wondering when/how the baby will come so I’ve tried to make sure my hair looked great everyday instead. Like I can control my hair and that’s enough? Who knows.

5 Likes