Baby Berries due July - September 2021

Hey! Yeah, I post a little bit here and there, but I’m much more of a lurker, I guess. I often feel out of my league here, so I mainly just enjoy following and reading.

I stopped posting here cause I had really, really bad anxiety the first four months of my pregnancy. That, combined with the constant throwing up, made me retract a bit. And then I felt weird coming back after such a long time being awol.

I’m 31 weeks tomorrow and feeling alright now. It’s been hard, I’m not gonna lie. I haven’t been enjoying my pregnancy as much as I’ve expected to, but the baby is exceptionally active and seems to be healthy and happy, so that’s good. It’s a boy!

Thanks for asking :blush:

5 Likes

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] back!! I hope you’ll participate from here on out, but lurking is always acceptable, too. I always find the beginning of pregnancy really miserable, so I totally hear you that it was hard to engage and reach out. I hope this final stretch might go a bit easier on you, but feel free to speak whatever is on your mind!

[name_f]My[/name_f] baby is also super, super active lately. I remember my first got into prime position around 31 weeks and then just stayed there for the next almost 10 weeks, giving little kicks here or there, but always in the same spot. This one, not so much. They’re still partying and just rolling constantly, in a different spot everytime I check (multiple times a day, really) and they kick everywhere. Luckily I have a weirdly long torso so the kicks aren’t up in my ribs yet at 33w5d but [name_u]Bao[/name_u] is definitely boxing every last inch of my womb lately.

1 Like

Hey, doing pretty good! Actually I think this 3rd pregnancy has been easier on me (since the second half, at least). [name_u]Baby[/name_u] girl is very active in the evening and I’m really enjoying it! Still trying to figure out if we can do a home birth. At this time, it looks like we won’t be able to afford it, even with insurance. I might have to suck it up and do another hospital birth. How is everyone else doing?

2 Likes

Thank you! She’s miserable and ready to have this baby :sweat_smile: But she and baby are healthy and well so that’s awesome! We had her babyshower which was really beautiful and got a private picture of us with our “bumps” (I was 5 weeks so there was no bump haha).

Congrats!!!

3 Likes

@WildroseofJuillet, I’m sorry to hear you’ll likely be penned in by circumstance and not have the homebirth you were hoping for. [name_f]My[/name_f] insurance appears to be reimbursing a lot more of the cost for us this time around than last. If everyone just keeps putting pressure on the systems at be, it will eventually be an option for all those who want it. It is insanely cheaper for the insurance companies to pay for a homebirth than a hospital birth so it always astounds me that they don’t just do it for the sake of their bottom line if nothing else (actually caring about people and their actual values, preferences, and longterm outcomes).

@Elle1, aww, I’m so glad you got that picture! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though you’re not showing, if your kids do wind up growing up together as you hope, it will be such a special momento. I’m also glad the baby shower didn’t wind up falling during a rough part of your pregnancy… I know you did so much of the legwork.

3 Likes

It’s okay. I don’t particularly enjoy being pregnant either. It’s the baby part that’s really the best!!

1 Like

I’m feeling strangely unwell tonight. [name_m]Just[/name_m] dropping this here incase anything happens. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] is wicked active right now though and I think they are supposed to settle before labor.
Symptoms:
I threw up a little and haven’t my entire pregnancy. I’m nauseous
I cannot get comfortable unless I’m in cat/cow on the bed and that brings on contractions.
I’ve been eating eating eating all day even though I don’t feel hungry, I’ve been drinking all day and constantly feel thirsty.
Super dizzy and lethargic. Keep yawning but can’t sleep.
I feel like I can’t catch my breath even though I’m just laying here.
I’m 36 weeks today, saturdays are always my days that I feel crappy. But today I feel weirdly different.

2 Likes

Oh no, I hope all is OK… sounds like it is worth checking in with your provider… nausea (particularly nausea that starts late in pregnancy), dizziness, and fatigue accompanied by just generally feeling unwell can be symptoms of HELLP syndrome or preeclampsia so best not to just ignore. Excessive hunger, thirst, and fatigue can be signs of GD or insulin resistance, too… Or… it could just be that you’re very pregnant and your body is getting ready.

Whichever way, I hope you can get some rest. Perhaps your Saturdays are trying to tell you you’re doing too much and need more recovery time throughout the week. I know that’s easier said than done, though…

2 Likes