Baby Berries due July - September 2021

@_thelittlefairywren So happy for you!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9ish months ahead! [name_f]My[/name_f] first was an [name_u]August[/name_u] baby too!

2 Likes

@LiliMorgana Thank you! :grin: [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everything is going well for you!

1 Like

We haven’t told anyone yet but I have no idea what to do in terms of date announcement this time. I feel like with the added components of needing to figure out what we will do with the elder 2 during the birth and figuring out care and support for myself during third trimester and postpartum, I may need to be a bit more straight-forward about when we actually expect this baby, but I’m tempted to tell most people “[name_u]August[/name_u]” and do as we did last time. I’ve been giving it a lot of thought lately.

How do you think you’ll tell hubby?

1 Like

Just set this up on our bed. He’s on his way home for lunch… :grin::shushing_face::heart:

10 Likes

Congratulations!!! What great news! :blush: So happy for you!
Aww such a cute little setup to tell your hubby :heart:

2 Likes

So exciting :heart_eyes: congratulations!! Best wishes

1 Like

Haha his reaction was “are you serious?!” in a high, squeaky voice. :joy: Then lots of hugs and talking about it over lunch, and he kept staring at me and grinning lol :blush:

@whatchamacallit and @AlSP Thank you so much!! :heart:

@hyacinthbucket Definitely sounds like you’ve got a few things to weigh up. I’m sure you’ll work out what’s best for everyone involved. If you think baby will stay put longer than 40 weeks, saying [name_u]August[/name_u] is probably a good bet.

4 Likes

Aww, that all is so sweet!

No idea how long this babe will stay put really. But I went 40 and 5 with H, which is the exact median for first time moms. If I go on averages again for multiparous, it’d be 40 and 3. I do really hope to get to 40 weeks. But I’d be willing to go to 43 weeks without inducing, though I have no reason to suspect that’d be the case considering I know my ovulation date +/-1 and there’s no history of post term babies in our families.

1 Like

Hi everyone! [name_m]Just[/name_m] got my positive test last week, currently 4 weeks along and due Aug 18. This is my fourth pregnancy, but would be my second child - I have had 2 miscarriages this year.

Understandably am feeling extra anxious and hoping for a different outcome this time. Not sharing the news with family and friends at this time but nice to share somewhere.

6 Likes

@JessieMxo [name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you go by [name_u]Jessie[/name_u]? I’m [name_f]Karrah[/name_f]. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to our little group! I hope you have a healthy pregnancy and are here for the long haul! :blush: I miscarried earlier this year too, so I completely feel your anxiety. :neutral_face: It’s so hard to just sit and wait… but at least we can do it together. :heart: I’m 4 weeks tomorrow, and so nervous that something will go wrong in the next few days.

@hyacinthbucket I hope you get to a nice healthy 40 weeks too! That’s definitely my goal, although I was 3 weeks early and my sister was a month early, so I don’t know if genetics are against me :woman_shrugging: [name_f]My[/name_f] mum is only 5’3 though and I’m 5’9, so I probably have more baby space than she did haha.

@jenileigh [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to say hello! I don’t think I’ve spoken to you on the forums at all. I’m [name_f]Karrah[/name_f], and I’m excited to share in your journey! :blush::heart:

3 Likes

Congratsssssss!!!

1 Like

Good luck! I’ll be thinking of you!

My appointment today went really well! I’m 9 weeks 5 days but measuring 10 2 lol
The baby was so active! Kicking his little flippers and waving all around. It was crazy to see while still so little. Heart rate was good at 167. And it’s not twins! She said one baby right away and I was like keep looking… because I really felt like it was going to be two. I really liked the office and staff. Although they didn’t let dad in. I got so nervous and wanted to cry. They said he could only go in for the gender ultrasound at 22 weeks! I feel like that’s along time to wait. Also I’m a fainter with bloodwork so I feel like when I go for that I’m gonna need someone to be there and bring me just Incase.
Already looking into the early blood test dna gender kits lol am I crazy?! Idk how y’all can wait TWENTY TWO WEEKS

2 Likes

With you on this! So nice to have someplace to talk while still this early.

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f]! I’m glad you’re here and pregnant again. How early were your previous losses?

@_thelittlefairywren, I have two close friends whose first babies were full term and second babies were 30w and 28w respectively. Has me nervous for preterm especially in the context of COVID when NICUs have more restrictions.

From my understanding, going late/post-term is super strongly correlated to genetics. But going early is way less so (because there are so many other factors that can influence). I’d say since you’re so much taller (I’m also 5’9"!!) you do likely have better chances of getting to 40 than your mom did. But there were prolly other factors than just height/small ribcage for you and your sister, too. I’ll be curious when everyone has their babies.

@jenileigh, I’m so glad it all went well, but that’s a bummer that your partner wasn’t able to attend. I’ll be waiting again till birth to learn the sex assignment so another 32ish weeks for me hopefully!! It does get harder as everyone starts to find out, though… but for now I’m totally happy to twiddle my thumbs.

@jenileigh Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: How wonderful to see your baby! :heart_eyes: I’m sorry that the dad (your partner??) wasn’t able to participate, that must be so hard. It makes me thankful to live in a country with almost no covid cases - we still have some restrictions, but at least partners can attend appointments and so forth. :blush: Haha I don’t think your crazy, but I’d definitely say don’t wish your pregnancy away too hard. My hubby said “it’ll be over before you know it” to me yesterday and I about punched him. I’ve been looking forward to this, don’t make it rush past! :woman_facepalming:

@hyacinthbucket I’ve read a few things that have said premie deliveries have actually gone down this year despite everything going on, so let’s hope that’s in everyone’s favour! I’m curious too… it’ll be interesting to see how close our babies end up being in the end :grin: We are team green too, so I’ll join you in twiddling my thumbs! :yum:

1 Like

Hmm. Name nerd problems… we enjoy discussing names so much / so often that now that we have an actual human to name we don’t really have much else to talk about. We already have all our favourite combinations sorted. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: So now what?? :rofl: :rofl::cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

In other news, hubby decided to nickname the baby Pistachio. :joy: :grin:

Oh, and I bought this gorgeous children’s book today about how we are all the same on the inside even if our outsides are different. Its called ‘Whoever You Are’ and is illustrated beautifully. :heart: We also bought some cute onesies.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I was on this website. I found out last week that I’m pregnant with baby number 3! I’m about 6 weeks, due [name_u]August[/name_u] 4.

I’m 29 from Connecticut and have two beautiful girls already. [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Xochitl[/name_f] is 6.5 years old and [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] just turned 3 on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]. [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] really wants a brother this time.

I was feeling pretty good until this past week, when I started feeling nauseous all the time. I don’t feel like eating anything, but when I don’t eat I feel worse. I had nausea/vomiting with my first pregnancy for the first 6 months, and with my second pregnancy it was the first 4 months.

Schools are closed over here, and I’ve been struggling with working with my students from home while also getting [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] online with her teacher 5 times a day, plus having a 3 year old at home. [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] has been a lot more clingy since about a week before I found out I was pregnant.

I have my first appointment/US on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_f]Eve[/name_f], and probably on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] I will call my husband’s mom to tell her. He is teaching me how to tell her in her native language, Nahuatl. [name_f]My[/name_f] own mom passed away unexpectedly in [name_u]August[/name_u] from cancer complications. I am so sad and nervous to go through this without her. When I had my older two, she was the one helping me in the hospital (she was a nurse). [name_f]My[/name_f] husband was just watching.

I look forward to “meeting” everyone and learning your stories.

4 Likes

@_thelittlefairywren, I read some similar articles toward the beginning of pandemic about the sharp decline in preemie births in the US. I’m not sure that would continue to hold true as things have gone on, people have continued to have to work, etc. I think that for those put on full lockdown who did not have to physically go into work during the early months, it makes a lot of sense that they had less stress on them physically and therefore it was easier to take care of themselves during the final months of their pregnancies. I still worry about myself, but my risk factors are good. I have very little stress, we are financially in a really solid place, our lifestyle hardly changed at all during pandemic (husband still goes into work as he works grocery…essential, and I am at home with the kids), none of my kids were in daycare or school so like… comparitively SO little about our life has changed. We have been extremely fortunate.

Yay, thumb twiddling club! [name_u]Lucky[/name_u] about the names… I’m still feeling rather lost. I thought we at least had the boy name sorted, but I’d be lying if I said a certain B twin announcement this week didn’t throw me for a loop as that had been our top first name pick. Now I feel the need to decide if I love it enough to use it again so soon (which feels silly… another [name_u]Berry[/name_u] a quarter of the planet away uses a name… I should feel fine about it… but I don’t… not yet at least). So I feel back to the drawing board on both girl and boy names.

My dad calls A “Pistachio.” It suits him well! I had that book when I was a kid! Mem [name_u]Fox[/name_u] is great! Not sure she’d write the same book in the same words today, but it is a great book! If you haven’t read her manifesto on [name_m]Reading[/name_m] Aloud with children, highly recommend.

Do you know what provider you’ll be choosing and do you have your first appointment on the books yet?

@jenni_lynn91!! So good to see you again!! I remember you. [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Xochitl[/name_f] has always been one of my absolute very favorite Nameberry combos of all time (I like [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] too!). I’ve gone under a few different usernames over the years, but I was @medfordkung most recently when we were deciding on my first’s name in 2017. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f]! I’m excited to be in the same duedate group and can’t wait to see what names you pick!! I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. I can imagine there will be a lot of grieving throughout your pregnancy if she was there for you during your previous pregnancies and births.

Christmas sounds like a great time to announce. I’m not sure when we will… last time we told our parents on [name_u]New[/name_u] Years’ [name_f]Eve[/name_f] for our late [name_u]August[/name_u] birth and then we told close family and friends on Chinese [name_u]New[/name_u] Year and announced to the world/wider circle after he was born. I feel more apprehensive this time about the possibility of miscarriage given my doubled or tripled risk, but we may wind up doing the same thing (4-5 weeks farther along at the same dates this year). The first people we tell will be A’s birth mom and aunt, though. Very excited to tell them as I know they’ve been looking forward to us having another, but I still have been feeling guilty about the short spacing/gap even though I think it is ultimately going to be really great for our family. 15.5 months seems like so little when he is only 8 months now.

Yes I remember you now! I was on here regularly around the time I was pregnant with [name_f]Kiana[/name_f]. She was born [name_u]December[/name_u] 2017. A few months later is when we found out my mom had breast cancer, but she was doing pretty well the first year. They didn’t detect any cancer again until early 2019, and at that point it had spread to other areas. The hardest day of my life was the [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] before she passed where my brothers and I had to make the decision to put her on hospice. She was only 59, never smoked, didn’t drink, was otherwise healthy. It just didn’t seem fair. She worked with cancer and hospice patients since she graduated nursing school, so at least she wasn’t surprised by anything that was going on.

I still have my dad, but he won’t be supportive at all until maybe after the baby is born. The day [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] was born he told me I don’t need to have any more kids, and that two is enough. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s family in Mexico would be really excited though, so I will tell them right away.

That sounds like a couple really trying years for everyone. I’m sorry, @jenni_lynn91. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom is currently 59 and you’re right, that doesn’t seem fair. Both of my biological grandmothers had two rounds apiece of breast cancer at different stages and two decades apart, though neither died from it and one is still alive now. I’m always worried about breast cancer myself. It is an influence in me still breastfeeding now 3.25 years in. I’m hoping for a sum of 10 years between all the kids (adding together their individual experiences), hoping to breastfeed for 7-8 years total (2017-2024/5). I worry about my mom, too. She had a long history with hormonal bc use like my grandmas did, while I’ve used FAM for years and DH will be getting a vasectomy after our next live birth (hoping this pregnancy is it), also choices influenced by my fear of breast cancer.

How close is your duedate to the day she passed (or the really hard day you put her on hospice?)? I’m sure [name_u]August[/name_u] will be a huge month for you next year no matter what. I hope your dad comes around to be a support to you.