Baby Berries due October-December 2021

Her son is thriving now, with no neurological issues whatsoever. And without sharing too much, as obviously it is my friends circumstances/history, her son really was a very severe case and in critical condition, they had to transfer him from one hospital to another, he was in a bad way. It was very traumatic for both :weary:. I think he did spend quite a bit of time in NICU but other than that, parenting afterwards was plain sailing. And yep he is now 9. Very tall! And doing well in school.
Anyway Iā€™m obviously not part of this baby group but I seen your post and wanted to offer some reasurance.

That is a lot of machines, bless her. Them nurses in the NICU are like earth angels though. She is in very safe, capable hands. I remember the NICU well when my twin neice and nephew were born very prem.

Thatā€™s good about the oxygen straight away. She looks like a nice weight. I think I can see a snippet of red hair too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope you are doing ok. :dizzy:

2 Likes

@elleplume, welcome to the world, [name_f]Flora[/name_f]! Iā€™m sorry to hear you had to transfer to hospital, and that [name_f]Flora[/name_f] has struggled. I hope that she and you are already doing much better since you last posted, but either way, youā€™ve done splendidly and are an amazing mom already!

1 Like

@elleplume Prayed for baby [name_f]Flora[/name_f] last night! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name for a lovely girl, and I hope she is home with you soon. Iā€™m sorry you didnā€™t get the birth experience you wanted. Rest and heal!

1 Like

We were provided with a room at the parents accommodation across the road from the hospital so now we donā€™t have to leave until sheā€™s discharged :blush:

[name_f]My[/name_f] milk is coming in and itā€™s so intense! Doing my best to pump with a machine and figure it all out as a FTM without my baby. Weā€™ve heard talk that theyā€™re planning on taking her off the ventilator today so weā€™re very excited.

@auroradawn @hyacinthbucket thank you for your prayers and well wishes :pray: :heart: we havenā€™t told anyone except close family whatā€™s going on so itā€™s nice to share somewhere and receive your thoughts.

7 Likes

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] girl was born early Halloween morning! :jack_o_lantern: Weā€™re both doing well now though my c section ended up being more complicated than expected. Sheā€™s a big girl: 8 lb 6 oz and 21 inches long.
[name_u]Will[/name_u] post her name in the announcements soon :blush:

16 Likes

Ooh, @whatchamacallit. Iā€™ve been waiting to hear this news!! Congrats on your Halloween baby! I canā€™t wait to hear her name. Iā€™m sorry your birth wound up more complicated than anticipated but I hope from here on out your healing is straightforward.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Congratulations!! A Halloween girl, how wonderful. I canā€™t wait to read your announcement :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Wow I missed so much in my hiatus from Nameberry!

Congrats @K_rassy13, @elleplume and @whatchamacallit on your sweet babies!! All three have beautiful names (I looked yours up in the announcements @whatchamacallit )

@elleplume Prayers and good vibes for little Flora! Hope to hear some good updates soon!

Iā€™m about 36 and a half weeks right now :exploding_head: Canā€™t believe little girl will be here soon!! Weā€™re hoping she comes closer to her due date, or at least not for a couple weeks because weā€™re finalizing a kitchen remodel right now. I havenā€™t had a working kitchen for over a month and itā€™s been ROUGH. I canā€™t imagine doing this with a newborn to take care of too. :sweat_smile: Luckily the kitchen should be functional by early next week and hopefully all the little details finalized in the next week or two.

Last I posted I was getting ready for the 3-hour glucose test. I passed and do not have GD so that was great! Iā€™ve been pretty tired these last few weeks, but Iā€™m starting to feel a little burst of energy lately which has been a nice change! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice to hear from you @lehassebrock!

Weā€™re at about the same stage ā€” Iā€™ll be 37 weeks on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. Expecting to go slightly over with this one for some reason, so weā€™ve been pretty chilled about preparing but Iā€™m finally starting to get hospital bag stuff sorted and itā€™s all seeming very imminent all of a sudden.

I hope your last few weeks go well, you get your kitchen finished and continue to feel good. Ready to meet these babies now!

3 Likes

Good luck for the last few weeks @lehassebrock ! I hear it ainā€™t pregnancy unless youā€™re doing a reno :wink: we painted our whole house in my 39th week!

Weā€™re home now as of [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]. Itā€™s bliss compared to the hospital, but of course lots to get used to like sleepless nights and unproductive days (how do parents get anything done ever?!) [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is an absolute delight and weā€™re already dreaming of number 2 :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™m so glad to hear sheā€™s doing well enough to come home! Welcome back :blossom:

Low standards and even lower sleep levels!

4 Likes

Getting close to the end of [name_u]November[/name_u]! I hope everyone is doing well. :blush: Looking forward to more announcements :blue_heart::heart:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is three weeks old now and already changing so much!

5 Likes

Aww Iā€™m so envious that you have your little one with you already! She sounds wonderful. Getting very impatient to meet mine now!

Iā€™m feeling OK, a little bit achey and twingey now (not in a labour-is-imminent kind of way, more in a why-are-you-doing-this-for-a-fourth-time kind of way). It feels like my abs are separating now so Iā€™m pretty keen for this little one to put in an appearance sooner rather than later!

Have had a bit of a stressful few weeks with chickenpox going round my town and my kidsā€™ schools. Iā€™ve had it, but none of my children have, and I obviously really donā€™t want them to all catch it just in time for the new arrival. But Iā€™m trying to stay calm about it until it either does or doesnā€™t happen, and we can cross that bridge if we come to it. Covid rates are also spiking here, which is not ideal.

But otherwise Iā€™m excited! I keep peeking into the drawer with all the little clothes in and thinking how surreal it seems that thereā€™ll be a little person wearing those in just a few days or weeks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Aw canā€™t wait to see what youā€™re having and what youā€™ll call them!! :grin:

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to tell you all too! How are A and J reacting to their new sister?

1 Like

They have been very patient surprisingly. Sheā€™s been fussy the past few days and theyā€™ve had to wait for Mamaā€™s attention a lot more than theyā€™re used to.
They are really sweet with her. Theyā€™ll kiss the top of her head or gently touch her arm and say baby sister. :heart:
Itā€™s still kind of scary having two wild toddlers running around a newborn though. Lol

And itā€™s so different having one newborn to care for instead of two! And also so different having a full term baby since they were born at 34 weeks. I remember it taking forever for them to finish a bottle in the beginning but she was born wanting to eat a ton! :joy:

6 Likes

Wow, yes! Possibly the only way becoming a parent for the third time can actually feel comparatively pretty easy! The boys sound very sweet with her :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Itā€™s D-Day for me! So far Iā€™ve had no indications that baby girl is on her way, but my midwife checked me at my appointment this morning and Iā€™m about 2 cm dilated, which is at least something (I didnā€™t dilate with my first until I was in active labor). I had sweep strip my membranes so hopefully, that will get the ball rolling! Hoping to meet our little turkey baby soon. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Good luck! I canā€™t wait to hear your news :four_leaf_clover:

Iā€™m having a bit of a week of it :disappointed_relieved:

39+3 today and Iā€™ve been referred for an urgent growth scan tomorrow as my bump actually seems to have shrunk since my last appointment 2 weeks ago.

K has been off school today with Covid symptoms: fever, cough, shivers, vomiting. I took him for a drive-through PCR today so hopefully weā€™ll get the results tomorrow or [name_m]Friday[/name_m] at the latest.

If he or anyone else is positive when I go into labour my husband will have to stay home with the kids and Iā€™ll have to get myself to hospital somehow. I donā€™t really know what to do about that but we canā€™t really make any decisions until we know whatā€™s up with the growth and whether anyone has Covid. Weā€™ve all miraculously avoided it so far and are both fully vaccinated but rates are high in my area at the moment.

I really donā€™t want a homebirth but Iā€™ve been reading up on it just in case! #3 came quickly and #4 is likely to be similar.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] all a bit stressful!

4 Likes