Baby Berries due October-December 2021

I hope the scan comes back normal for your little one. :pray: Youā€™re so close!
Also hoping Kā€™s test comes back negative. I had the same worries about figuring out a way to get myself to the hospital should one of us test positive. Itā€™s an unpredictable time to be pregnant. :grimacing:

1 Like

@katinka I hope everything turns out okay. It must be so stressful. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to say that my 3rd was quick and I expected my last to be even quicker but in the end active labor was about the same. Birth is so unpredictable. I had all of these fears about giving birth in the parking lotā€“I donā€™t drive and had to take a taxi to the hospital, and I was alone as my husband was with the kids, so I was very worried, but in the end I was induced and the whole process took much longer! You just never know. Good that youā€™re preparing and being open to your options, but hopefully everything will go smoothly for you and your family. Best wishes. Youā€™re almost there!

1 Like

Thank you both! I will keep you posted, Iā€™ll hopefully have a positive update tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed its a negative test and growth is okay. That all sounds so stressful and being stressed is not what you need in these final days!

Iā€™m also worried about covid and someone getting sick just before the birth. There are just too many variables and scenarios to try and plan for :frowning:

1 Like

Good news on both counts!

Kā€™s PCR came back negative and heā€™s been so much better today, although I kept him home again just in case. And the growth scan showed no concerns and apparently baby is in a good position. So relieved!

14 Likes

Thank goodness! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear everything is ok. :blush:

1 Like

We have a baby! :heart:

Iā€™ll post a proper birth announcement tomorrow after (hopefully) getting a bit of sleep, but everything went smoothly and we are both doing well.

27 Likes

Aww yay! Congratulations! Canā€™t wait for the announcement :grin: glad youā€™re both doing well.

1 Like

Congratulations @katinka! Pleased to hear it all went smoothly and you and baby are both doing well. Looking forward to the birth announcment! :star_struck:

1 Like

Congratulations!! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] youā€™re doing well!!

We are still waiting for [name_u]Baby[/name_u] #2. [name_f]My[/name_f] mucus plug fell out on Thanksgiving but nothing else has happened since :unamused: [name_f]My[/name_f] first was 8 days late so part of me isnā€™t surprised, despite so many people saying the second baby comes faster haha.

Iā€™m feeling fine though and the baby is still nice and active. Weā€™re all pretty impatient for her to get here - my daughter was shaking my stomach yesterday yelling ā€œCome out, baby!!!ā€ :laughing:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear youā€™re still waiting @lehassebrock ā€” if youā€™ve lost your plug thatā€™s a great sign though, Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll make her appearance very soon :crossed_fingers: Your daughterā€™s excitement sounds very sweet!

I canā€™t believe itā€¦ I think my period just came back?! Iā€™m only 6 weeks and 2 days postpartum & exclusively breastfeeding now so I really thought Iā€™d enjoy a few more months cycle free. Too bad I had a c-section and have to wait 18 months to get pregnant again otherwise Iā€™d be seriously considering going in for round 2 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@elleplume itā€™s possible, but just so you know, I was 8 weeks postpartum after my first and really thought I was starting periods again, but he was 9 months old before I became regular. I had a false start or two after both my boys and am thinking Iā€™m looking at the same phenomenon right now after my daughter. Exclusive breastfeeding till 5 or 6 months also. Best wishes!

1 Like

@auroradawn I hope this is the case for me!

1 Like

Aw man! I have heard of some people having a random period one month and then nothing for months, but I also know people who got their period that early and it stayed regular :grimacing:.

I know the mini birth control + breastfeeding can really delay regular cycles. I did both and didnā€™t get my first cycle until my LO was about 14 months and they were irregular for probably 5-6 months after that.

Still no baby :sob:. Her eviction is scheduled for [name_m]Friday[/name_m] morning. Iā€™m still hoping labor might start naturally before that, but at the same time
I ended up needing pitocin with my firstborn anyways and everything ended up fine. [name_m]Just[/name_m] hoping that the labor will be better this time around regardless :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Keeping everything crossed for you and eagerly awaiting your happy news! :baby:

Thereā€™s something about the newborn stage isnā€™t there?! Itā€™s exhausting and messy and emotionally all over the place but itā€™s such a precious time. Iā€™m cherishing it all the more this time. Sasha is a week old tomorrow and itā€™s already going way too fast :sob:

How is Flora getting on, @elleplume? And how is everyone else doing?

2 Likes

@katinka yes the newborn phase is so intense and glorious! [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is doing really well now. We had a tough few weeks trying to get breastfeeding fully established and sheā€™s had some big feelings to work through since leaving the hospital (lots of crying) but Iā€™ve taken her to a couple of osteo appts and her feeding has really improved, sheā€™s gaining weight and is much more settled! Now itā€™s mamaā€™s turnā€¦ I need a massage! Thanks for asking :blush:

9 Likes

Ohh, she is beautiful, she looks so peaceful there I canā€™t even imagine the crying :wink: Iā€™m so glad everything is going well after a rocky start.

3 Likes