baby boy #3, something to go with Hadden Finn and Tennyson Beck

Help! We picked our favorite names for our first two boys, and now we have to be brilliant again!
We like a literary name paired with a Swedish or Scandinavian name, and our last name begins with L.

Here are my top few, but nothing is really wowing me.
Rorik ([name]Rory[/name] for short, but that’s becoming unisex.)
[name]Ewan[/name] (maybe a little too uncommon and weird for our fellow Americans?)
[name]Rohan[/name] (my hubby’s fave, but a little too strong for me.)
[name]Asher[/name] (getting too popular?)

middle name only:
[name]Rune[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]

I’ve read some thick baby names books, and I need some new inspiration.
Astound me!

[name]Atticus[/name] is amazing! Cool literary names are [name]Frost[/name], Whittier, [name]Hiawatha[/name], [name]Henry[/name] (for [name]Henry[/name] Wadsworth [name]Longfellow[/name]), and for girls [name]Millay[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], and Nekoma.

[name]Love[/name] the suggestion of [name]Frost[/name]!

[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Thoreau[/name]
[name]Walden[/name]
[name]Twain[/name] (too much with [name]Finn[/name]?)
[name]Wolfe[/name]
[name]Henrik[/name] (Scandinavian and literary!)
[name]Hawthorne[/name] (nn [name]Hawk[/name]!)
[name]Waldo[/name] (for [name]Ralph[/name] [name]Waldo[/name] [name]Emerson[/name])

I love your children’s names! Now for a third…

[name]Ibsen[/name] (one of my favorite playwrights!)
[name]Keats[/name]
[name]Henrik[/name]
[name]Truman[/name] or Capote
[name]Dickinson[/name] (perhaps too much with [name]Tennyson[/name] though)
[name]Anderson[/name] (same)
Lindgren
Wergeland

I third that suggestion of [name]Frost[/name] as well.

I love [name]Asher[/name], I think it’s lovely. I don’t think popularity is an issue yet either. The first name to come to mind for you is [name]Ezra[/name]. [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] would be gorgeous.

Some other authors you might consider, and my fav’s of American Lit: [name]Ambrose[/name] Bierce, [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Flannery[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name], [name]Tennessee[/name] [name]Williams[/name], [name]William[/name] [name]Faulkner[/name], [name]Edith[/name] [name]Wharton[/name], [name]Carson[/name] McCullers, [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Perkins[/name] [name]Gilman[/name]. Wasn’t sure if you are only looking for boy names so I threw in a few girls.

I don’t think [name]Ewan[/name] is too weird and uncommon as a name. [name]Ewan[/name] [name]MacGregor[/name] has made the name more well-known while not super popular. I like [name]Ewan[/name] the best out of your name choices.

I, too, like [name]Ewan[/name] best for a first name! I like [name]Ewan[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] or [name]Ewan[/name] [name]Rune[/name]!

[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Lytton[/name]
[name]Kingsley[/name]
[name]Roosevelt[/name]

I like [name]Griffin[/name] the best of this set. It has repeats a letter, just like your other boys names with the dd and nn. It also ends in the same sound as the other names with the -in/-on at the end. Same with [name]Lytton[/name], though I don’t care as much for this one myself. [name]Hope[/name] this was helpful! Also, I like [name]Rune[/name] for a mn with [name]Griffin[/name], also in keeping with the previous names that the mn is four letters.

I feel as though you should keep the double letter pattern in the first name and short mn. The first names you wrote seem to short to go well with your other boys. I do really like [name]Ewan[/name], not too difficult for the US after [name]Ewan[/name] [name]McGregor[/name] made it known.

[name]Hadden[/name] [name]Finn[/name], [name]Tennyson[/name] [name]Beck[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] [name]Ewan[/name]
[name]Hadden[/name] [name]Finn[/name], [name]Tennyson[/name] [name]Beck[/name] and [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Henrik[/name]
[name]Hadden[/name] [name]Finn[/name], [name]Tennyson[/name] [name]Beck[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] [name]Henrik[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Rohan[/name], with [name]Rory[/name] for short, if needed?

Well, we narrowed it down to [name]Ewan[/name] [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Roan[/name] [name]Leif[/name] and decided to wait until we saw him.
[name]January[/name] 17th, [name]Roan[/name] [name]Leif[/name]!

Got attached to [name]Rohan[/name], wanted to keep the [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings inspiration, but decided to take out the h to make it a little more accessible.