Baby boy a week old and still no name! Help!

Our baby boy is a week old now and we’re no closer to a name! Have done polls, threads etc… and when we almost pick a name something doesn’t sit quite right!

Names we’ve thrown out are [name_u]Sonny[/name_u], [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and [name_u]Beau[/name_u].

We have a little boy called [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and all the names we choose just don’t go with his or sound too cutesy. We love the fact he can be Ted or [name_m]Ed[/name_m] when he’s older and that it’s an old fashioned but fun name.

Our surname is [name_m]Williams[/name_m] so needs to go with that.

Please throw any suggestions our way, we’re so stuck…

I think [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] goes really well with [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. It’s not really cutesy but they sound lovely together.

Congratulations on your little boy and good luck on finding his name :slight_smile:

My favorite for you is [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]! I love it.

I adore [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. Congratulations on the new little one!

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and -

[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_m]Archie[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Hank[/name_m]
[name_m]Harry[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Piers[/name_m]
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] & _____:

[name_u]Asa[/name_u] “[name_m]Ace[/name_m]”
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]/[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]/[name_m]Callum[/name_m] “[name_u]Cal[/name_u]”
[name_m]Crispin[/name_m] “[name_m]Kip[/name_m]” “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]” “[name_u]Cris[/name_u]”
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]/[name_u]Leland[/name_u] “[name_u]Lee[/name_u]” “[name_m]Leo[/name_m]”
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] “[name_m]Frank[/name_m]”
[name_m]Harland[/name_m] “[name_u]Harley[/name_u]” “[name_m]Hank[/name_m]”
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m] “[name_u]Sam[/name_u]” “[name_u]Sonny[/name_u]”
[name_m]Gibson[/name_m] “Gibbs” “[name_u]Sonny[/name_u]”
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] “[name_m]Eli[/name_m]”
[name_u]Royce[/name_u]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m] “[name_u]Gary[/name_u]” “[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]”
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]

I like [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] with [name_u]Teddy[/name_u].

I instantly thought of [name_u]Sully[/name_u], which could be shortened to Sul. There’s also [name_u]Sal[/name_u].

Other ideas:
[name_m]Jimmy[/name_m] nn [name_m]Jim[/name_m]
[name_m]Johnny[/name_m] nn [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Benji[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ben[/name_m]
[name_m]Timmy[/name_m] nn [name_m]Tim[/name_m]
[name_m]Tommy[/name_m] nn [name_m]Tom[/name_m]
[name_u]Billy[/name_u] nn [name_m]Bill[/name_m]
[name_m]Larry[/name_m]
[name_u]Bobby[/name_u] nn [name_m]Bob[/name_m]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] nn [name_u]Bo[/name_u]/[name_u]Beau[/name_u]

I think the most important thing is to choose a name you love and perhaps you are putting too much focus on how is goes with [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]? I’m not suggesting that you disregard that element totally, but if it is a name you love and it sounds nice with [name_m]Williams[/name_m], I think you would probably have a winner! Intuitively, most names we love will be fine alongside each other, or at least don’t grate. With “old-fashioned but fun” in mind I like @lovemysweeties suggestions of [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_m]Archie[/name_m], [name_m]Milo[/name_m], and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. I’d also add [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] ([name_u]Desi[/name_u]) and [name_m]Julian[/name_m]. Wishing you all the best.

Congratulations! From your list I like [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] and [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. Some more suggestions:
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]

Best of luck finding a name you love!

Thank you we hadn’t looked at it like that! We’re going to sit down and think about what names we love and go from there :smiling_face:

I couldn’t agree more with the poster who said you’re trying too hard to match with [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. Pretend this is your first baby. Pick your favorite name. Maybe eliminate it if it’s SUPER CUTESY with [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], such as [name_u]Freddy[/name_u]. Or the complete opposite style, like maybe Raedyn. But other than extreme cases like that, matching his sibling is just a bonus. He’s an individual person and it’s better for him to have a name his parents love than a name that matches his older brother just right.
For the record, it’s totally normal to focus on this. When we chose my 2nd kid’s name I hated that it had the same first letter as his sibling and hated that stylistically they were different. But, now that they’re growing and their own people, it doesn’t bother me. Actually I like it. It gives our family diversity I feel. Haha.
Good luck and congrats!
Ps My thoughts for someone who loves [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]: [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_u]Wallace[/name_u], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m].

I like [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] and [name_m]Harry[/name_m] with [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. Congratulations on your baby boy :slight_smile: