Baby boy due October 2020

Struggling with picking first name

Middle name [name_m]Cole[/name_m], Surname [name_u]Taylor[/name_u].

The list at the moment

Lawson [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] (husband’s favourite)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]

My current favourite is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] although I’m concerned it’s very popular at the moment and did originally want something a little different but not too out there! Any suggestions?

I love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]!

Sometimes I wonder if there’s any point stressing about how popular a name is? [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t get me wrong- I definitely do it as well! I just think that if you love the name, why not use it.

I’m not such a fan of the other options but [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] flows nicely. Not keen on the sound of “[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]” together although I do really like the name [name_u]Kai[/name_u].

1 Like

I love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] for you!!

You might like [name_m]Orson[/name_m], [name_u]Archer[/name_u] or Donnovon

1 Like

I have an [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], so I’m obviously biased to say that is my favourite. But that means I can also say that I don’t think it’s that popular. Perhaps in certain areas, but definitely not overall. [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is almost 9 years old and in his life we’ve lived in [name_u]London[/name_u], Singapore, NYC, [name_u]Sydney[/name_u], Brussels and Vancouver. It was never a popular name in any of those places.
Maybe you can have him go by a more unique nickname if the name turns out to be more popular than you want in your area? In Belgium, the name [name_m]Tuur[/name_m] (sounds kinda like [name_m]Ture[/name_m], but with a harsher u sound) is a common nickname for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. Perhaps [name_m]Art[/name_m], [name_m]Arch[/name_m], or [name_m]Thor[/name_m] could work?

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Kai[/name_u]! It doesn’t sound great with [name_m]Cole[/name_m], though. Is [name_m]Cole[/name_m] set in stone as the middle? [name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], third would be [name_m]Lawson[/name_m], and fourth would be [name_m]Eric[/name_m].

How about one of the following?

Winston [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederic[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]

2 Likes

I like [name_m]Lawson[/name_m]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about deacon?
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Lawson [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] is my favorite :heart:

1 Like

You guys have impeccable taste! I don’t think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is too common and it is definitely my favourite! I grew up with that surname and it flows well with everything!

If I had to pick one I would chose [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] !

2 Likes

Arthur, but I’m bias on that too :wink:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] sounds too much like king [name_m]Cole[/name_m] to my ear… but maybe not such a bad thing?

1 Like

Kai [name_m]Cole[/name_m] has a not great flow. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is the best combo.

1 Like

Its a toss up between [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] both are great choices

1 Like

I loooove the name [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]! It’s on my boys names list. I think it’s very handsome with your last name. I also love [name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] as a close second.

Other ideas:
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] “[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]”
[name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] “[name_m]Ned[/name_m]”
[name_u]Liam[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]”
[name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] “[name_u]Pip[/name_u]”
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]”
[name_m]Ian[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]

1 Like

Love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] or [name_m]Eric[/name_m]

If not how about [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] nn [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]?
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]?
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]?
[name_u]Sidney[/name_u] nn [name_m]Sid[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]

1 Like

Arthur [name_m]Cole[/name_m] is a magnificent choice! It flows very well. [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] and [name_m]Eric[/name_m] are nice too.
What about [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] or [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]?

1 Like

My fave is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

1 Like