Baby boy name help!

Ok. Here goes. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] #4, a boy, is due in [name_f]September[/name_f]. We have:
[name_m]William[/name_m] ([name_u]Willie[/name_u])
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] ([name_f]Greta[/name_f])
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] ([name_m]Huck[/name_m])

And then this one… :slight_smile:”

We had been pretty firm with [name_m]Louis[/name_m] ([name_u]Lou[/name_u]/[name_m]Louie[/name_m]) (can you we like nicknames??), but are now secind guessing ourselves. We (re)came across a family surname, [name_m]Beecher[/name_m], and I can’t move past that. My husband isn’t quite sure…

We’ve also loved [name_u]August[/name_u] ([name_m]Augie[/name_m]/[name_u]Gus[/name_u]), [name_m]Gustav[/name_m] ([name_u]Gus[/name_u]), [name_m]John[/name_m] ([name_m]Jack[/name_m]???), [name_u]Francis[/name_u] ([name_u]Frankie[/name_u]/[name_m]Fritz[/name_m])…

I think this is the most trouble we’ve had naming. Any thoughts are appreciated! :blush:

I like [name_m]Fritz[/name_m] the best!
Also:
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] ([name_m]Sly[/name_m])
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] ([name_u]Flip[/name_u])
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (Benj)

I like [name_m]Louis[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u], their nn work well with your other kids.

Suggestions:
[name_m]Steven[/name_m] ([name_u]Stevie[/name_u])
[name_m]Rueben[/name_m] (Ru/ [name_m]Ben[/name_m])
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m] ([name_m]Eddie[/name_m])
[name_m]Oswald[/name_m] ([name_m]Ozzy[/name_m])
[name_m]Victor[/name_m] ([name_u]Vic[/name_u])
[name_m]Percival[/name_m] ([name_u]Percy[/name_u])
[name_u]Vernon[/name_u] ([name_u]Vern[/name_u])
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] ([name_u]Frankie[/name_u]/ [name_m]Fitz[/name_m])
[name_u]Stanley[/name_u] ([name_m]Stan[/name_m])
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m] ([name_m]Eddie[/name_m])
[name_m]Gerald[/name_m] ([name_u]Gerry[/name_u]/[name_u]Jerry[/name_u])

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] for you!!! [name_m]Louis[/name_m] would be my second choice :).

[name_m]William[/name_m], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and…
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] β€œFlix” (This is made up, however when I was obsessed with the name [name_m]Felix[/name_m] I loved the nickname Flix pronounced Flicks!)
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Zac[/name_m]”
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] β€œ[name_u]Sam[/name_u]/[name_u]Sammy[/name_u]”
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Ben[/name_m]/[name_m]Benji[/name_m]/[name_m]Benny[/name_m]”
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Ben[/name_m]/[name_m]Benny[/name_m]”
[name_u]James[/name_u] β€œ[name_u]Jamie[/name_u]/[name_u]Jay[/name_u]”
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Joe[/name_m]/[name_m]Jon[/name_m]/[name_m]Johnny[/name_m]/[name_u]Jay[/name_u]”
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Nate[/name_m]”
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m] β€œ[name_u]Pat[/name_u]”
[name_m]Ronald[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Ron[/name_m]”
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Al[/name_m]”
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] β€œ[name_u]Alex[/name_u]/[name_m]Xander[/name_m]”
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Matt[/name_m]/[name_u]Matty[/name_u]”
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] β€œ[name_u]Nick[/name_u]/[name_u]Nicky[/name_u]”
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] β€œ[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]”
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Ed[/name_m]/[name_m]Eddie[/name_m]”
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Tom[/name_m]/[name_m]Tommy[/name_m]”
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Dan[/name_m]/[name_u]Danny[/name_u]”
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] β€œ[name_m]Zeke[/name_m]”

I find the names [name_m]Huck[/name_m] and [name_u]Gus[/name_u] a bit too similar in that they share the same sound although I do like them. I haven’t heard [name_m]Beecher[/name_m] before but it is a family name so is meaningful and I do find that it has a pleasant masculine sound. From your list I would choose [name_m]Louis[/name_m] or [name_m]Beecher[/name_m].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the ideas of
[name_m]Beecher[/name_m] [name_m]Fritz[/name_m]
or
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Beecher[/name_m]

I think the t sound at the end of [name_u]August[/name_u], flows well with [name_m]Beecher[/name_m].

I second [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Beecher[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Gus[/name_u] or [name_m]Augie[/name_m])! It was my first thought after reading your post. I think it’s so handsome and sweet, and fits in nicely with his siblings names.

I also love [name_m]Fritz[/name_m]! [name_m]Just[/name_m] not a fan of [name_u]Francis[/name_u].

(Also I second [name_m]Felix[/name_m], I just prefer the nn [name_m]Fox[/name_m]!)

With such classic names as [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] for your boys and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] for your girl, I like [name_m]Louis[/name_m], nicknamed [name_m]Louie[/name_m].

Other suggestions:
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] - [name_m]Ned[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmond[/name_m], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] - [name_m]Ned[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m] - [name_m]Ned[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] - [name_m]Chip[/name_m], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u] - [name_u]Jem[/name_u]

Maybe
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] - [name_u]Nat[/name_u]

I would use [name_m]Beecher[/name_m] as a middle name

If you used a classic J first name ([name_m]John[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u]) with middle name [name_m]Beecher[/name_m], you could nickname him [name_m]Jeb[/name_m].
Or if you used [name_m]John[/name_m] or [name_u]James[/name_u] with a middle name beginning with D, for instance, [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m], you could nickname him [name_m]Jed[/name_m], which I really like.

Or even better uses [name_m]John[/name_m] or [name_u]James[/name_u] with [name_m]Edward[/name_m] or one of its related names, for instances [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] or [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Edmond[/name_m]. [name_m]Jed[/name_m] would be a great nickname.

I love [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u]! I also like [name_m]Louis[/name_m] quite a bit and all of them work well with [name_m]Beecher[/name_m] in the middle. I also second the suggestion of [name_m]Philip[/name_m] with this sibset. While I like [name_u]August[/name_u], I feel like it is a little soft compared with [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. Nothing wrong with soft, it just stands out a bit in that way.

My top pick for you:

[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Beecher[/name_m]

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] is perfect with your sibset.

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]

My personal favourite is [name_u]August[/name_u] ([name_u]Gus[/name_u]), but with your set of siblings I prefer [name_m]John[/name_m] or [name_m]Louis[/name_m]! What about using [name_m]Beecher[/name_m] as a middle name? [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Beecher[/name_m] [Last name] would sound nice :slight_smile:

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] or [name_u]August[/name_u] gets my vote!