Baby Boy Name Help!

Hi there- I am 36 weeks pregnant and we still can’t decide on a name for baby boy. Middle name is [name_m]John[/name_m] (family name). We have narrowed it down to three:

Asher, [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], or [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]

I worry that [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is too popular. And [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] might be a bit dated? (my husband thinks everyone will think of 90210-lol) But I’m not sure I am totally in love with [name_u]Asher[/name_u] either.

Thoughts between these three? Thank you so much!

1 Like

Oliver [name_m]John[/name_m] is my favourite! It’s not unpopular, sadly, but I love it nonetheless. :slight_smile:

Oliver is cool, timeless and bright.

1 Like

I think both [name_u]Asher[/name_u] and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] are good choices! I slightly prefer [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] though.
That said, you seem to be a bit unhappy with all three choices. It’s never too late to keep looking if that feeling doesn’t go away!

1 Like

Oliver [name_m]John[/name_m] is my favorite of the three, and I think it flows the best, too. [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is getting quite popular, but for good reason! It’s a very cool, classic name. But you should go with the one you love most, regardless of popularity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] of the 3 and like the initials DJ. And while definitely more popular in 90s-00s, I don’t find it dated or tied to that time exclusively. It’s a nice name.

Oliver is nice but as you said- overly popular.

I’ve never loved [name_u]Asher[/name_u] but understand it’s appeal.

Good luck and congrats!

1 Like

Dylan is really popular from where I come from in the southern part of the US, almost overused. I like [name_u]Asher[/name_u], it’s new and different. Very nice.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]! I don’t think it feels too dated

1 Like

Oliver is great! And nickname [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] is super cute if you like that. I wouldn’t worry about popularity but ultimately its up to you how much a more popular name would bug you.

1 Like

I actually prefer [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] of your choices! I don’t find it super dated or tied to a specific fictional character, and it’s not often you hear it used for babies anymore. By comparison, [name_u]Asher[/name_u] and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] seem to be gaining popularity very quickly.

1 Like

Hi there.

Great list! Here are my thoughts-

Oliver [name_m]John[/name_m]-[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is darling, but so so so popular. It’s basically every other little boy’s name that I come across. The other ones are [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

Dylan-That’s hilarious about the 90210 thing. I don’t think that reference is terribly familiar. I had a poster of him in my bedroom circa 1992! :blush: I equate [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] more w/a gentle, thoughtful timeless vibe. Maybe think [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] instead of [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] McKay.

Asher [name_m]John[/name_m]-This seems like the best compromise, & it’s a lovely name. But don’t use it if you think that you might love [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] or [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] more.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], but I think the popularity out weighs the name. No one wants to be in a class with a tone of people with the same name (as a [name_f]Kaitlyn[/name_f] I know).
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] is also very popular though, more popular than you think! [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] is just as popular as [name_u]Asher[/name_u]! All of these names are popular, and not dated! [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is by far the most popular, but they are in the top 50 boys names in the US

1 Like

Here are some alternatives if you want less popular names!

[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]- [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], [name_m]Darius[/name_m], [name_u]Devan[/name_u], [name_m]Donovan[/name_m], [name_u]Darrell[/name_u], [name_m]Dedrick[/name_m], [name_m]Dixon[/name_m], [name_m]Dante[/name_m],
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]- [name_u]Ash[/name_u] as middle name, [name_u]Alder[/name_u], Aleb, [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Amias[/name_m], [name_u]Adler[/name_u], Arius, [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]-[name_u]Oleander[/name_u], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_m]Octavian[/name_m], [name_m]Olin[/name_m], [name_m]Olsen[/name_m],

1 Like

My own favourite is [name_u]Asher[/name_u], for the reasons you listed. However, those are not more important than using the name you love! I’d go with your favourite :slight_smile:

1 Like

Asher [name_m]John[/name_m] has my vote!

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_u]Oliver[/name_u].

1 Like

I like the flow of [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] best, as well as the initials A.J., which I think sounds like a cool nickname. I’m not a huge fan of [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], but there’s nothing wrong with it. I actually have been considering [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], too, which has surprised me. I think it was dated, but it feels like one of those names that can come back around or at least sound cool when you hear it again on a little one.

1 Like

Oliver [name_m]John[/name_m] reminds me of [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] (not a bad association at all!! just the first thing I think of haha)

1 Like

Between the three I’d go for [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m]

1 Like

I do not think [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is too popular! And I didn’t even know what that TV series was until now, so I wouldn’t worry. :slight_smile:

If you don’t fully like [name_u]Asher[/name_u], I would eliminate it.

So [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] or [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m]… They both have a nice flow! :grin:

Also:
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]/Rowen
CHristoph(er)
[name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
Quinc(e)y nn Qui(n)n

1 Like

Dylan does feel a bit dated to me. I love both [name_u]Asher[/name_u] and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]. In my opinion, between those two, you with what you love regardless of popularity.

1 Like