baby boy name to go with sister lola

hello!
we’ve got a boy coming in a few weeks and are trying to settle on a name… with very little luck…
we’ve got a one syllable last name starting with c and ending in s.

We were hoping to find something fun/easy/not too popular that will look good on a job app. later on

here is as close as we’ve come:

• [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] (We probably like the sound of this best, but aren’t new age-y or Buddhist and worry that people really get this pronunciation wrong in everyday life?)
  • [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] (ben)
  • [name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]

any ideas would be super appreciated!!

I’d probably go with [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] instead of [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], so you can use either [name_m]Benji[/name_m] or [name_m]Ben[/name_m] for short.
I love [name_u]Kyle[/name_u] with [name_f]Lola[/name_f], it sounds amazing.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] to know how you named him :smiley:

[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Maximus[/name_m]
[name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Wes[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Anderson[/name_m]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Mattheo[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowen[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped :slight_smile:

I’d go with [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] or [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], I also second the suggestion of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

thanks guys!
we have close friends with babies the same age as lola who are benjamin and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m],
otherwise those would be top picks for us also!

it’s funny-- i also love kyle!!! but my husband’s got a few very close friends with that name so doesn’t want to use it :frowning:

[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] is my favorite!

I love [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]! It’s a great name, a little unique but that’s part of the appeal. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] & [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] sound good together.
And it pairs easily with the otherwise traditional names you love. [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]…

What about spelling it [name_m]Bode[/name_m]?

Or [name_m]Boden[/name_m] and you can use the NN [name_m]Bode[/name_m]/[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]

P.S. I also like [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] (I know a 5 yr old with the name) and [name_u]Dash[/name_u] is a great NN!

I feel like sam goes well with lola. From your liat i like Bohdi or [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]/[name_u]Bo[/name_u] or [name_m]Ben[/name_m]

[name_f]Iola[/name_f] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f]?? I can’t tell if that’s an I or a lower case L…

Sorry about that! It’s [name_f]Lola[/name_f]…

I like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] & [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] together. Adorable. Next I would say [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]. [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] is nice and while I don’t think there’d be nearly as much pronunciation issues with it as you might think, there are obvious buddhist ties to it. You could spell it [name_m]Bode[/name_m] as a pp suggested. You still might get mispronunciations though. Not a big deal. [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] is pretty cute, but then you’d get [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m]?! a lot. :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] best. They sound great together. But [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] is a cool name,you should use what you love. I think it is becoming more familiar and most people will pronounce it right, depending on where you live. You might get the occasional ‘body’ though.

[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]! nn [name_u]Dash[/name_u]!