Baby boy names: poll created!

See the results of this poll: Baby boys names: need help deciding!

Respondents: 55 (This poll is closed)

• Oliver Robert : 17 (31%)
  • John William : 3 (5%)
  • Patrick John : 10 (18%)
  • William John : 12 (22%)
  • Alexander John: 13 (24%)

My husband is [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]. it’s a nice name, but I like [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] better. and how set are you on these combos? because I like [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] a lot more than [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m].

Thank you all for your replies and voting. I know that they are all nice names but I wish one would just jump out at me as “the one”.

The names [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Robert[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m] are family names. [name_m]William[/name_m], I love, and would chose in a heartbeat if not for a few bad associations that I am afraid I will regret (Although, I have one really fantastic association with it).
I thought to call [name_m]John[/name_m] “[name_m]Jack[/name_m]” as an older family member has this name, however, my husband does not get it and thinks it would be too confusing.

I can always pair [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] with [name_m]William[/name_m], but not [name_m]John[/name_m] (do not like OJ). I really like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], but I am afraid that it is too trendy and/or not as traditional.

Ugh, I am a horrible decision maker. Any other name suggestions or combos?

If you really like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], and you said in the other post it isn’t as popular where you are, I would say use it. You could also just use [name_m]Jack[/name_m] instead of [name_m]John[/name_m]. It’s a nod to it without being the same.

other suggestions:
[name_m]John[/name_m]/[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m]/[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]

Thank you for your suggestions. All of them are very helpful!

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]. Such a strong name. [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] is a great name too - a solid 2nd place to [name_m]John[/name_m]. I would round out the rest in the order of [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. All are good names.

Thanks for your opinion. Intitially I thought to call the baby [name_m]John[/name_m] only, then thought to do an initial thing like “J.P.” For ex. [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], then I thought to just call him by nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m] keeping formal name [name_m]John[/name_m] (again husband did not like).