Baby brother for Bryton

My husband and I are searching for a great name that will pair well with big brother, [name]Bryton[/name] [name]Denali[/name]. We love our [name]Bryton[/name]. His name is a combo of his grandpas [name]Bruce[/name] and [name]Layton[/name]. It’s also a reference to [name]Brighton[/name] [name]Beach[/name], a place of importance to our family. Obviously, we aren’t shy about using a unique/unusual name.

We also love nicknames- [name]Bryton[/name] is most often Bry. While his name is unique, it is not difficult to spell or say.

Our current top contenders are:

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Lawson[/name] Flinders

I love [name]Finley[/name]- and the nickname [name]Finn[/name]. My only worry is that it seems to be used more as a girl’s name in the USA. I think it could be one of those names that takes off in the next few years, but for girls, not so much for boys. While I don’t mind a gender neutral name, I also don’t want our little guy to be stuck with what is considered to be a girls name here in the States. What’s do you think when you hear [name]Finley[/name], boy or girl? Perhaps [name]Finian[/name] or [name]Finnegan[/name] would be better? But neither of those works well with [name]Jackson[/name]…

My husband loves [name]Lawson[/name]. It makes sense for us for a few reasons. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Lawson[/name] is a famous Aussie poet/author. My husband is Australian. (Flinders is a mountain range in South Australia- Flinders is also the person that first mapped and named Australia.) But, I don’t know about the nickname “[name]Law[/name].”

[name]How[/name] does [name]Lawson[/name] work, thoughts?

Any other input/ideas are welcome (even if you trash [name]Finley[/name] or [name]Lawson[/name])!

I love [name]Bryton[/name]! I think Either name you have picked would work really well. I personally prefer just [name]Finn[/name] instead of [name]Finley[/name]. [name]Lawson[/name] is pretty great as well!

I really like [name]Lawson[/name]. I’m southern, but if I had to use a nickname, I’d call him [name]Sonny[/name].

I like [name]Finley[/name], with the nn “[name]Finn[/name]”. I’ve also seen it spelled [name]Findley[/name], which might seem more masculine. I haven’t met any females named [name]Finn[/name], so if you’re planning to use the nickname I think it will be fine. Flinders is strange, but it would have personal meaning and a story for your family, so I think that’s fine as well.
Not crazy about [name]Lawson[/name], nor the nickname [name]Sonny[/name].
Other ideas for you:
[name]Hudson[/name], [name]Bryton[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Huxley[/name], [name]Bryton[/name] and [name]Huxley[/name]
[name]Declan[/name], [name]Bryton[/name] and [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Colby[/name], [name]Bryton[/name] and [name]Colby[/name]

We’ve found our name.

I was searching for the right middle name to fit with [name]Lawson[/name] or [name]Finley[/name]. I came across [name]Jasper[/name] and the name jumped right to the top of our first name list. [name]Don[/name]'t know why I didn’t think of it before.

Our little guy [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Finley[/name] will join his big brother [name]Bryton[/name] [name]Denali[/name] to complete our little family.

Thank you for the input! I still love both [name]Lawson[/name] and [name]Finley[/name], but they just didn’t seem right. Now I can stop obsessing about finding a name!