Baby coming in July!

We are officially expecting! Yay!! We are doing ok with boy names…but Girls are just so hard for me!

My husband wants [name]Veronica[/name]. What do you guys think? Sometimes I worry that it comes off harsh, and that it is a mean girls name. Also, we need a middle name to pair with it.

The other name I like is [name]Noa[/name], possibly [name]Noa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Willow[/name]. With this one I worry that people will constantly confuse it for the boy name. I don’t want people thinking I created a name, or am trying to turn [name]Noah[/name] into a girls name.

Would love to hear your opinions on these two names, and any suggestions for us. This will be a sibling to our little boy, [name]Felix[/name] [name]Newton[/name]. And our top boy choice right now is [name]Atticus[/name].

Thank you!

I like [name]Veronica[/name]. I think of it as a botanical name, not a mean girl name. Nickname [name]Vera[/name] is quite lovely too.
[name]Veronica[/name] has bite, and I like that in a sister-name for [name]Felix[/name].
I think [name]Noa[/name] has become totally acceptable for a girl. I hear it often here in [name]Brooklyn[/name]. It’s very soft, modern, not as substantial as [name]Veronica[/name] [name]IMO[/name]. But both are good names.

Thanks emmabobemma! Here in the Midwest, I have not met any girl [name]Noa[/name]'s, so glad to hear it is acceptable in your area :slight_smile:

You make a good point that it is not as substantial as [name]Veronica[/name]. So many things to think about!

I love [name]Veronica[/name]. I don’t picture a mean girl at all. [name]One[/name] of my best friend is [name]Veronica[/name] and she really is a lovely person. I kinda like [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. :slight_smile:
[name]Noa[/name] is okay, but I’m not a fan.

I like [name]Veronica[/name]. It’s very glamorous. I could see why some people think it is harsh but I personally don’t. However, it is a bit… sexy… on a little girl. That’s my only negative. I like a very soft middle with it, [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Willow[/name] is pretty, for instance. I think it works with a lot of names in your signature.

[name]Noa[/name] is a very popular Hebrew name, #1 in [name]Israel[/name] for girls for over a decade, I think. I personally still see it a feminization of [name]Noah[/name], since I’m American and most of my experience is with the male [name]Noah[/name]. It is very soft and pretty, though, and if people think you created the name… well, you didn’t! And I like [name]Noa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Willow[/name] but the double -o endings in [name]Noa[/name] and [name]Willow[/name] is something to think about.

I think [name]Veronica[/name]'s lovely. I used to really dislike it, but then I read the most beautiful novel where the main character’s name is [name]Veronica[/name] and she is amazing (Let me sing you gentle songs/[name]Astrid[/name] and [name]Veronika[/name] by [name]Linda[/name] Olsson). [name]Noa[/name] is very cute, but I think [name]Felix[/name], [name]Veronica[/name] and [name]Atticus[/name] sound much better together.

[name]Veronica[/name] isn’t terrible. It’s not a name I absolutely 100% love, but it’s not bad. I don’t like [name]Noa[/name] very much because it does seem made up and I’m strongly against made-up names. You could always consider [name]Nora[/name] or [name]Nola[/name]? [name]Both[/name] two of my very favorites.

c@29~ It’s always nice to hear of a real person named [name]Veronica[/name] who’s a great person. Thank you!

sabrinas ~ I agree, [name]Veronica[/name] is kind of sexy on a little girl. But I’m thinking once you see the little girl in front of you, that that will disappear.

ottilie ~ I really want to read that book! I am going to look it up :slight_smile:

heytherepigeon ~ [name]Nora[/name] used to be my top name, until a relative used it. [name]Don[/name]'t you hate when that happens!

This is why I love nameberry! Reassurance is so nice!

We have toyed with both [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Willow[/name]… but we don’t know if they are quite right. What would you guys pair with [name]Veronica[/name]? Also, do you think Oni is a cute nickname? She would mainly go by [name]Veronica[/name], but I think Oni is cute as well. I knew an Oni growing up, and she was pretty cool :wink:

[name]Hi[/name]! My name is [name]Veronica[/name] so I wanted to give you a point of view from someone with that name. I am 41, brown hair, green eyes.
I have alwas loved my name and ALWAYS get complimented on it after introducing myself. My mother was adamant that I be called [name]Veronica[/name] so I have always introduced myself as such, but don’t mind people calling me [name]Ron[/name] or [name]Ronnie[/name] when they ask. Other nicknames I get are Vee or [name]Vern[/name] (which I hate-a joke between a friend.)
I can tell you that 1) The majority of people will assume the nickname is [name]Ron[/name] or [name]Ronnie[/name]; I have even had people call me that without asking me first. 2) the rest of them will call me [name]Vicky[/name] or [name]Victoria[/name] after meeting me until they get to know me better–they just can’t remember [name]Veronica[/name] but know my name starts with a V and [name]Victoria[/name] is the most common V name. Oh, and sometimes [name]Monica[/name] which I hate because it reminds me of [name]Monica[/name] Lewinsky.
As a bonus–I have only met two others with my name, one was my age and the other is a teenager. As for Oni–I have to say I wouldn’t like to use it for myself. And [name]Marie[/name] is my middle name, [name]Catherine[/name] is my confirmation name (yes, I’m Catholic) LOL. I do like [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Willow[/name]. I hope I gave you some more insight. All the best, V.

[name]Just[/name] wondered if you like any other v names … I thought perhaps [name]Verity[/name] or [name]Vivienne[/name], I have also heard of [name]Vienna[/name] being used recently. These seem softer to me than [name]Veronica[/name].

booklove~ Thank you!! It is great to hear from an actual [name]Veronica[/name]! I would prefer her not to have a nickname, so I’m glad you had relative success with that. I see you signed with a “V.” And I think that is super cute. We have discussed calling her that sometimes.

sweetpea2peanut~ I like [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name], but I think I prefer [name]Veronica[/name]. (It helps that my husband is always saying [name]Veronica[/name]…) Tonight we started talking about the name [name]Meredith[/name]. It’s in the running!

:slight_smile: