Baby coming soon, still no name! :(

I posted here awhile ago… my husband and I have had a really hard time agreeing on names, and we’re still not completely sure what to name our little boy. I’m due in [name]April[/name], and I’m ready for this baby to have a name already!

Anyway, we really like the name [name]Eli[/name] but just haven’t quite been able to completely commit to it… I really love the name but wish it wasn’t so popular. And I think we both have kind of been hoping to somehow discover a name we hadn’t thought of that we might like better… it just hasn’t completely felt like “THE” name yet.

We both really like the name [name]Sebastian[/name] but we’re torn because our last name is pretty long- it’s Morgado (pronounced More-GAH-doe). [name]Do[/name] you think that the combo would be too long/difficult? I think that if we had a shorter last name that [name]Sebastian[/name] would be our pick for sure… hate ruling out a name that we love because of our last name, but it does feel lengthy.

Btw- we have a boy and a girl named [name]Jonah[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]… thoughts/opinions? Is [name]Sebastian[/name] Morgado too long? Should we go with [name]Eli[/name]? Or go back to the drawing board and look for another option altogether?

I don’t think [name]Sebastian[/name] Morgado is too long-- it’s quite distinctive. I would pair it with a nice, short, monosyllabic middle though.

[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Lane[/name] Morgado
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Reid[/name] Morgado
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Clark[/name] Morgado

as random examples

I really like [name]Sebastian[/name] Morgado! It doesn’t sound any longer than [name]Caroline[/name] Morgado. :slight_smile: And I think [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], and [name]Sebastian[/name] are great together. [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Eli[/name] for a combo, maybe?

[name]Eli[/name]'s nice, but the Biblical association puts me off. I love Bible names, I love the whole history behind Bible names, but [name]Eli[/name] wasn’t the best Biblical character out there. I think [name]Elijah[/name] (or one of its variants, like [name]Elliot[/name] or [name]Elias[/name]) is much more attractive and you could still use [name]Eli[/name]. [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] would be handsome, too.

I agree with ash’s comments above. If you think [name]Sebastian[/name] is too long, I also think [name]Samuel[/name] would work well.

I love [name]Sebastian[/name] Morgado! I don’t think it is too long at all, and [name]Sebastian[/name] goes nicely with [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Jonah[/name].

[name]Sebastian[/name] Morgado isn’t too long… I think it flows very well. But still, I would definitely keep the middle name one-syllable. [name]Eli[/name] is okay, but if you’re having trouble committing, I wouldn’t use it unless you’re fully able to commit.

Good luck!

[name]Sebastian[/name] sounds great with your last name, no need to fret. Very good choice. If your not solid of [name]Eli[/name], what about [name]Elias[/name]? I myself prefer [name]Elias[/name] to [name]Eli[/name].

[name]Sebastian[/name] is the same amount of syllables as [name]Caroline[/name]. It’s more letters, but so what? I would pair it with a shorted middle name if it’s that big of a deal to you.

I also like [name]Eli[/name], and have never actually met one before, popularity is very relative. I think you could get past it if you decide to go with it anyway.

Oh, I’d also like to second ash’s suggestion of [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Eli[/name] Morgado. That way you get to use both of your favorite names! It sounds great together.

Definitely not too long. But I happen to like [name]Bastian[/name] as well, which would obv make it shorter (not sure if you were keen on the NN [name]Seb[/name] or not).

I think [name]Sebastian[/name] flows well with Morgado! but personally I don’t really like that name

[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] I helped!

[name]Sebastian[/name] Morgado is not too long but I do like [name]Eli[/name]. I also really like the suggestion of [name]Samuel[/name] with [name]Jonah[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name].
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Eli[/name] Morgado perhaps…?