Baby ? due in September - narrowed down to two options

Which do you prefer out of these names for our baby boy or girl

Boy:
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] Dukes

Girl:
[name]Elsa[/name] Tahereh (tah-hair-ray) Dukes
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] Dukes

We live in a bilingual part of [name]Canada[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] is less awkward than [name]Conrad[/name] in French. Tahereh is of persian origin (I am half persian), and [name]Valentine[/name] would be pronounced like the holiday in english and val-ahn-teen in French.

Thanks for your help!

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] Dukes - I would go with [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]. Personally, I like [name]Nathaniel[/name] and the nicknames for it better than [name]Conrad[/name] (which I still like), but also [name]Conrad[/name] does seem hard to say in a French accent. I speak French-French rather than Canadian-French, so there may well be a difference, though.

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] Dukes - [name]Elsa[/name] is lovely; a great choice! I would choose Tahereh to honour your Persian ancestry (it’s very pretty), and it’s good to use as a mn where there won’t be the endless pronunciation issues it would cause as a first name. However, [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] also has a lovely ring to it. I’m torn!

I agree with babyberry…

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] Dukes

[name]Just[/name] because they sound better to my ear. If your other girls name has more meaning, go with that one. They both are lovely names. For [name]Nathaniel[/name], even if it’s in the middle, he can go by one its nn’s.

Boy:
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes - love the most!

Girl:
[name]Elsa[/name] Tahereh (tah-hair-ray) Dukes - love the Persian name Tahereh
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] Dukes - love this, too

[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] :slight_smile: I love them!

[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] Dukes! [name]Love[/name] it

They are all great options so you can’t really go wrong. If I had to choose, it would be [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] (although I love [name]Valentina[/name] even more).
Congrats!

Boy:
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes – Very handsome name. My choice for best flow in English. Although, if it will be awkward in French-Canadian, that’s an issue.

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] Dukes – I personally prefer the name [name]Nathaniel[/name] over [name]Conrad[/name], especially in French. So I’d probably vote for this.

[name]Elsa[/name] Tahereh (tah-hair-ray) Dukes – I love that you’re honoring your Persian heritage!
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] Dukes – [name]Love[/name] it with the French pronunciation of [name]Valentine[/name]!

[name]Elsa[/name] is a gorgeous name! I love it! I’d say either of your mn choices with [name]Elsa[/name] will be fantastic!

Boy:
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] Dukes: I really love the flow of this combination (and both [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name]), and I personally prefer [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes over [name]Conrad[/name] Dukes because with [name]Conrad[/name] Dukes, the Ds run into each other for me.

Girl:
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] Dukes: Oh, my! I think this is gorgeous!

So, for me, it’s [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] Dukes and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] Dukes. I love your names!
:slight_smile:

Best wishes to you!

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! I think you confirmed my gut feeling, especially about the flow of [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]. [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] is a name we have fallen in love with as well, but we’d also like to use a persian name. Two middle names, especially those ones, might be a bit much! I read your blog today and I don’t really know what to think about my naming style based on my name. My name is [name]Shirin[/name], it is of persian origin and has been mispronounced by others all my life. I even get [name]Sharon[/name] and [name]Sheryl[/name]/[name]Shirley[/name], go figure. I think I like names that can’t be too massacred on the pronunciation side but that aren’t too common either.

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! I think you confirmed my gut feeling, especially about the flow of [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]. [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] is a name we have fallen in love with as well, but we’d also like to use a persian name. Two middle names, especially those ones, might be a bit much! I read your blog today and I don’t really know what to think about my naming style based on my name. My name is [name]Shirin[/name], it is of persian origin and has been mispronounced by others all my life. I even get [name]Sharon[/name] and [name]Sheryl[/name]/[name]Shirley[/name], go figure. I think I like names that can’t be too massacred on the pronunciation side but that aren’t too common either.[/quote]

It’s my pleasure. I honestly love both combos, as well as your classic/vintage style. :slight_smile: I’m so happy to see [name]Conrad[/name] in use! You read the blog? I’m so glad! :slight_smile: I think your name is very pretty, and I promise not to call you [name]Sharon[/name]. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Elsa[/name] Tahereh (tah-hair-ray) Dukes (I say honor the Persian side with a unique and fun middle name. :slight_smile: )

Boy:

Girl:
[name]Elsa[/name] Tahereh Dukes

Your names are lovely, very unusual! I really love [name]Nathaniel[/name] - I think [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes sounds a little more edgy than [name]Conrad[/name] Dukes. It’s like a designer name. [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes, haha! Sounds like a celeb.

I think [name]Elsa[/name] is lovely too, and Tahereh is so unusual, I’ve never heard that before, it goes beautifully with the first and second name…

All the best! :slight_smile: xx

[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] Tahereh, although, oh my, [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] is beautiful too…

My Picks

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]!
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] works better with your surname.