Baby Due Today: Camille, Catherine vs Constance

Congratulations! :slight_smile: From your comments, it sounds like your husband’s heart lies with [name]Catherine[/name] as a FN, and your heart lies with [name]Kit[/name]. [name]Constance[/name] and [name]Camille[/name] and even [name]Jane[/name] are beautiful names, but it sounds like [name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Kit[/name] is your winner! [name]Catherine[/name], yes, is very classic, but it’s far from ordinary! [name]Even[/name] next to [name]Stanton[/name]. It’s regal. It’s poised. It’s down-to-earth. Anyone could be a [name]Catherine[/name], but not everyone is. I don’t know if that makes sense or not. To me… [name]Catherine[/name] is rare, a wonderful classic gem. I rarely meet Catherines/Katherines (especially under the age of 21!), and when I do, they are just the most perfect little girls, so charming and poised and smart and confident. [name]Catherine[/name] is the name of queens. Of saints. It’s one of those “popular classics” that still seem fresh and I rarely hear them, like [name]Elizabeth[/name]. :slight_smile: It sounds perfect for you. I would probably do [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name], myself, if you want to incorporate all three names. Otherwise, I’d just go for [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] and save [name]Jane[/name] for a future daughter. :slight_smile:

All the best!

ETA: Besides, if she’ll be going by [name]Kit[/name] frequently, then [name]Kit[/name] works on a much better level with [name]Stanton[/name]–don’t get me wrong, I think [name]Stanton[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] are perfect together, but if you want something rarer, that’s [name]Kit[/name], and if they’ll be known as “[name]Stanton[/name] and [name]Kit[/name]” I don’t think I’d be too worried about [name]Catherine[/name] being “just plain boring” next to [name]Stanton[/name] (which I don’t think it is at all, haha, but it sounds like it’s a worry you have).

I also voted for [name]Camille[/name], because I love it’s softness and I also love how it sounds next to [name]Stanton[/name]. They absolutely belong in a sibset together!

Hopefully we’ll be seeing your birth announcement shortly, so I just want to wish you good luck mama! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Kit[/name] & I love [name]Constance[/name]! Congratulations & good luck choosing a name!

Thank you all for your support. [name]Camille[/name] is a beautiful name and I love the uniqueness of it, but I just think my husband’s heart is with this name. I think it will be [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name]. Thus, [name]Stanton[/name] and [name]Kit[/name], but that decision will be made final tomorrow. Until then, I look forward to further insights!

I do love [name]Catherine[/name] ([name]Kit[/name]), but [name]Camille[/name] would be my second choice. [name]Constance[/name] isn’t super pleasant to me.

You asked if it should be [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or just plain [name]Catherine[/name] as a first name and [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name] as the middle. I think [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is a great name and lends itself beautifully to [name]Kit[/name], [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (my favorite nn), and even CJ.

My vote is for [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are lovely, and [name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Kit[/name] is adorable! Congratulations!

[name]Camille[/name] (nn [name]Milly[/name])

I voted for [name]Constance[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Constance[/name], love the nn [name]Kit[/name]. And clunky? No! She’s graceful. Especially if you’re not using the nn [name]Connie[/name] which is, if not clunky, then definitely dated.

I still love [name]Camille[/name], but my husband can seem to only envision his [name]Catherine[/name]. It appears to be a name of non- negotiation! Thus, as I lay in hospital bed at 4:20 am, I know the decision must be made by tomorrow morning for [name]Catherine[/name]'s full name. Here are the final options.

[name]Catherine[/name] mn [name]Jane[/name] nn kit, [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name], kit cat
[name]Catherine[/name] mn [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name] nn kit, [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name], kit cat, or just [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] mn [name]London[/name] nn kit, kit cat

Final thoughts my fellow newberries before our quickly approaching deadline in the morning?

Congratulations to you! I’m glad that naming your daughter seems to be your biggest anxiety right now, and that you and [name]Kit[/name] are otherwise healthy and peaceful. I say, [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name]. Since you can’t decide, and you love all three names, why not throw them all in there? I think [name]Jane[/name] is quite elegant, but it’s my least favorite of the three. Still, [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name] has a nice ring to it. I like the three N-endings- three different and complementary flavors of the letter N. My first instinct would be to use just [name]London[/name] as a middle, since it’s got such significance. But then, [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name] as a middle has an unexpected effect- rather than diluting [name]London[/name], it spices it up. And after all, it is the female version of [name]Jack[/name] [name]London[/name].

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be my vote for [name]Catherine[/name]. However, [name]Camille[/name] would be my first choice. Gorgeous either way.

[name]Just[/name] a little advice from someone with personal experience- my name is [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Camille[/name] and I have been called [name]Camille[/name] my whole life. I love that I rarely meet another [name]Camille[/name] but it is not unheard of. I also love the elegance of [name]Katherine[/name] as my first name. You could always combine and go with [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Camille[/name] and call her either [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Camille[/name]. I think [name]Camille[/name] sounds better in the middle name spot because the emphasis is on the second syllable, and it’s really not a hassle to go by your middle name. I wish you the best of luck and I hope I helped :slight_smile:

[name]Camille[/name] is my first choice too; although, I do love [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! Fortunately, nothing is permanent until the paperwork is filed. [name]Camille[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] doesn’t sound right. [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Camille[/name] sounds better but with the. “K” instead. [name]How[/name] about [name]Camille[/name] [name]London[/name]?

I love [name]Camille[/name]

I love [name]Camille[/name]; I think [name]Camille[/name] [name]London[/name] sounds great or [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Camille[/name]. But if you are going with [name]Catherine[/name], my vote is for [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name].

I’m feeling strongly about [name]London[/name] as a mn, but do love [name]Jane[/name]. My husband and I feel that perhaps 2 middle names might be too overwhelming of a name. [name]Do[/name] we just switch [name]Jane[/name] to the first name or do you think [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name] sounds ok as a middle name? Perhaps we leave [name]Jane[/name] out. I’m unsure of how to handle this issue. I must admit that rarely do you even know of someone’s middle name.

I would do either [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name]. I think they both sound greatand have nice flow. Congratulations and good luck!

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] wins in my book!