Baby due very soon - no name in sight!!

[name]Hi[/name] all,

I’m hoping you can help with our naming dilemma. We don’t know the sex of our baby (firstborn), and we’re struggling to pick the perfect name! Like almost everyone else, we want something cool but not wacky, and not too common without irking the in-laws. Our ‘unique’ dilemma is that I’m a [name]Brit[/name], my DH is Aussie and we reside in the States - we have to choose a name that works in all three countries! Eek! The last name is [name]Perry[/name], if that helps/

So far, for boys, our shortlist is:
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name]) - DH thinks this sounds too ‘Greek’
[name]Oscar[/name] ??? - I want to use [name]Oscar[/name] as a first or middle name to honor my grandfather
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] Maxmilian (can’t have [name]Milo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] on its own as initials would be MOP! Also we both love [name]Milo[/name] but it’s a chocolate milk drink in [name]Oz[/name] and not sure if his cousins would tease him?)
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name]

GIRLS
[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (not sure about the middle name!)
[name]Evelyn[/name] ??? (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Helena[/name] ??? (probably discounted as too many people will mispronounce it)
[name]Stella[/name] (I think this sounds quite ‘harsh’)
[name]Estella[/name] (undecided!)

Any help would be hugely appreciated: we don’t want to be those ‘wait till we see the baby to name them’ parents as the poor mite will never get a moniker!

Okay lets see…

So far, for boys, our shortlist is:
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name]) - DH thinks this sounds too ‘Greek’
[name]Oscar[/name] ??? - I want to use [name]Oscar[/name] as a first or middle name to honor my grandfather - I love [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Oscar[/name]! For what it’s worth I don’t think it sounds greek at all. The nn [name]Theo[/name]…maybe does but [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Teddy[/name] definitely doesn’t.

[name]Milo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] Maxmilian (can’t have [name]Milo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] on its own as initials would be MOP! Also we both love [name]Milo[/name] but it’s a chocolate milk drink in [name]Oz[/name] and not sure if his cousins would tease him?) - I lived in Aus for most my childhood and ‘My mum gave me [name]Milo[/name] to go and go and go!’ so I understand completely your concern if your husband and his family are Aussies. The poor child would get bullied to death for that over there. Also I think [name]Milo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Maximilian[/name] [name]Perry[/name] is a bit of a mouthful, it is for me anyway:)

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] - My favourite out of your options, I think [name]Leo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Perry[/name] is charming but my only concern is the ‘o’ at the end of [name]Leo[/name] running into the ‘O’ at the beginning of [name]Oscar[/name]. That’s not really a problem though:)

GIRLS
[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (not sure about the middle name!) - I really like [name]Cleo[/name], it spunky and sophisticated but [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Perry[/name] sounds a bit choppy to me and [name]Rose[/name] is quite a common, albeit pretty, mn.

[name]Evelyn[/name] ??? (nn [name]Evie[/name]) I’m not really a fan of [name]Evelyn[/name] to be honest but I love the nn [name]Evie[/name] and there are many sources for that.

[name]Helena[/name] ??? (probably discounted as too many people will mispronounce it) - I love [name]Helena[/name], I pronounce it Hel-[name]LAY[/name]-nah but I understand your concern as I’ve heard it pronounced several different ways. [name]How[/name] do you say it?

[name]Stella[/name] (I think this sounds quite ‘harsh’) - I think it has a lot of ‘Razzle Dazzle’ if you know what I mean but I agree it is a little harsh.

[name]Estella[/name] (undecided!) - I really like [name]Estella[/name], lots more than [name]Stella[/name]. I think it’s gorgeous and [name]Estella[/name] [name]Perry[/name] sounds lovely:)

Suggestions!

[name]Theodore[/name]:

[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name]

[name]Milo[/name]:

[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Archie[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]

[name]Maximilian[/name]:

[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Aurelius[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name]
[name]Horatio[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Octavius[/name]
[name]Thelonius[/name]

[name]Leo[/name]:

[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Leonard[/name]
[name]Aldo[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Bruno[/name]
[name]Cosmo[/name]
[name]Diego[/name]
[name]Elmo[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name]
[name]Marco[/name]
[name]Mateo[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Pablo[/name]
[name]Pedro[/name]
[name]Viggo[/name]
[name]Waldo[/name]

I’ll post girls a bit later:) [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (not sure about the middle name!)
[name]Evelyn[/name] ??? (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Helena[/name] ??? (probably discounted as too many people will mispronounce it)
[name]Stella[/name] (I think this sounds quite ‘harsh’)
[name]Estella[/name] (undecided!)

Suggestions cont.

[name]Rose[/name]:

[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Rosalba[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosalina[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosamond[/name]
[name]Rosanna[/name]

[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Petal[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Petunia[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]

[name]Evelyn[/name]:

[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]

[name]Desiree[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Teresa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]

[name]Stella[/name]/[name]Estella[/name]:

[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Andromeda[/name]
[name]Astra[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Cassiopeia[/name]
[name]Electra[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]Talitha[/name]
[name]Venus[/name]

[name]Cleo[/name] (I think [name]Cleo[/name] is very, VERY cool though):

[name]Calypso[/name]
[name]Echo[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Isabeau[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Garbo[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]! [name]Hope[/name] I’ve been helpful:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I love [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Milo[/name], and [name]Leo[/name]…[name]Oscar[/name] is a handsome nn and love that it honors a relative…

with your last name starting with M… I would go with [name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Leo[/name]…
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] with nn [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name] is lovely!

I love Hel- len a over Ha-lay-na. which pronunciation do you prefer?
[name]Evelyn[/name] is my second choice…nn [name]Evie[/name]…

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] - It’s gorgeous. And [name]Theo[/name] is so sweet.
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] - lovely other way round!
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] Maxmilian - [name]Milo[/name] is cute, love [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] - great. I love it!

GIRLS
[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Cleo[/name]! What about [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]?
[name]Evelyn[/name] - lovely
[name]Helena[/name] - it’s one of my favorites, I pronounce it He-le-na but I like He-lay-na as well.
[name]Stella[/name] - I love it, it’s one of my favorites too and I think it sounds sweet. But I see your point.
[name]Estella[/name] - lovely, what about [name]Estelle[/name]?

I’d probably go [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] or [name]Leo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (or whatever middle name.) But I sincerely love all your names!

Out of your list my favs are [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] - together or separate they are great names and sound good with your surname.
And from your girls list i love, love, love [name]Evelyn[/name]! i think i might use it if i have a girl ( and i live in oz if that makes any differance?)
All the best :slight_smile:

I like the names [name]Everett[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Belle[/name]. Plus I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Nola[/name]. It fits in British, Aussie and American enviroments.