Baby Fern Lilian

I’ve been a name nerd since my own childhood but I really never thought it would be my turn to name a child. [name_f]My[/name_f] long awaited daughter (!!!), [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f], was born three weeks ago. We have loved [name_f]Fern[/name_f] for her for a long time. It ticks so many boxes for me- a nature name, familiar but not popular, not frilly or romantic, a name for an adult, not easily shortened. It suits her down to the ground and I’m delighted with it.

[name_f]My[/name_f] own name is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and I’m the fourth in my family so I felt under a little pressure to carry it on. I’m [name_f]Liz[/name_f], my mother is [name_f]Lilian[/name_f], my grandmother was [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and my great grandmother was just [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. We decided to use [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as I wanted to honour my mother without honouring me or anyone else. It feels important to me that she’s specifically named after my mom.

I can’t deny that I’ve already begun to stress about how we can possibly name a sibling as successfully. :joy:

15 Likes

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] is fantastic! I really love [name_f]Fern[/name_f] – it’s sweet but strong too – and it’s perfect with [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] in the middle. [name_u]Love[/name_u] all the meaning in her name too.

Congratulations! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Oh my! What a beautiful name! I’ve always loved [name_f]Fern[/name_f]! So sweet! Congrats on your sweet girl!

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is beautiful - congratulations!!

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] is gorgeous! Congrats on your little girl :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on your daughter! It sounds like you chose just the most perfect name for her. I love it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] is delightful, congratulations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congrats! [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] is absolutely amazing!

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] is delightful! Congrats!

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] is so sweet, spunky and magical! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! Your daughter has a gorgeous name. I love the meaning behind it.
I wish you the best!

1 Like

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] baby [name_f]Fern[/name_f]! I may be partial as a [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] myself (“it’s one L in the middle”), but this is truly stunning combo. I absolutely love [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and am so happy to know there is one more out there in the world, let alone a [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f].

1 Like

Such a beautiful choice. [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is precious. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] are also family names for me! [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my grandmother’s name and it’s my aunt middle name, [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] was my great-grandmother’s name.

We’ll be here to help you name a sibling for [name_f]Fern[/name_f] in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] is just the sweetest name! I love the meaning behind [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] too. Congratulations!!

1 Like

What a sweet name! Congratulations!!

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] is beautiful! Congratulations!

1 Like

Welcome baby [name_f]Fern[/name_f]! I love the name, so sweet and unexpected!

1 Like

Congratulations!! Beautiful name :smiley:

1 Like