baby fever

I have seen it! I’ll have to comment soon. I totally get where you’re coming from. Babies aren’t easy, they’re a lot of work. I know that, and sometimes, dogs or cats can show you how much work they can be. But, not exactly the amount or what it would be like. But, I do agree with the repliers saying it gets you ready atleast a little bit, but you also don’t want to get that dog just to take a place of a baby. Get the dog/cat because you want it. But, i also agree that it is not the same as a baby. A baby needs a lot more attention than a dog, and a cat. So I get both sides.

Dang…I had a long response but apparently it didn’t post. Here I go again… I’ve been experiencing baby fever on a huge level lately myself. Motherhood is the only thing I have been 100% sure that I wanted to do with my life. We have to wait though. My husband and I didn’t believe in sex before marriage, so we are used to the idea that sometimes you have to wait for something. Yet now that we are married, I find myself thinking “okay, we are married now…it’s okay. Why can’t we?” However, we both know why we are not having a baby yet. We are both in school (he in his last year, and I just started nursing school), neither of us have great paying jobs, we have a hectic lifestyle (we barely see each other often…in fact, we only get two nights together during the week), we have a very stressful life, we have too much family drama going on, and we [name_m]JUST[/name_m] got married 4 months ago. The positives we have going for us are that we have a great apartment (with a spare bedroom) in a relatively decent area, we have a decent support system of friends, we frequently attend marriage classes and have trusted mentors to help us keep our relationship strong, and we have a loving home. It just wouldn’t be a decent time for a baby. We wouldn’t be able to give it the attention it needs and deserves. Plus…we are newlyweds. We like having time alone together and are still getting used to actually living together. We like trying to sleep in some days and stay up late together occasionally on the nights together we get. Selfish? Maybe. But the point is, we just aren’t ready. Would we love to have a baby? Yes! If I were to get pregnant soon, would we make changes to our lifestyle to better accommodate our little one? Absolutely. We have a few friends who got pregnant before marriage and quite a few who got pregnant within/around the first year of marriage. They’ve shared their struggles with us and have encouraged us to wait. We are listening to advice of people who have been there. Our plan is to wait until we are about 25 to try, or plan it to where we are 24 at conception and 25 at delivery. So that’s about 2 years away. It seems like so far away, but it will tick by just like the seasons.

It has gotten worse lately, because it seems like every time I get on Facebook, I find out like 5 more people are pregnant. One friend in particular loves attention and has posted updates about every hour, even though she is around 6 weeks. It hurts me, since I want a baby so bad, but don’t even know if I could conceive and I know we aren’t going to try for awhile. Oh well. We will just enjoy our time in the meantime. Thanksgiving is coming up soon. Have to plan that. Then [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]. Then [name_m]New[/name_m] Years. And so on. Time goes so quickly and if waiting might help our future kids have a better life to come into, then it is worth it. Oh yeah, in the meantime, we got a kitten too :wink: she helps lol. We also volunteer in our church nursery and love our “nieces and nephews” from my siblings and our friends :slight_smile:

I have to agree being an aunt either cools the baby fever or adds to it. I was an aunt when I was 10, she arrived when I was 11. I am in love with being an aunt to 5 blood, and 2 by my best friends. In all I have seven little ones who I adore. I have lived with three of them in my life, and I couldn’t see it any other way. I have three nieces and four nephews and I love every minute of it.

I am also going to be a big sister when I get married. My fiance has a seven year old sister, and I’m loving it. I always asked my mom for a little sister. [name_u]Lucky[/name_u] me I am marrying a man that has four sisters, two of them around my age, and two of them are younger.

I also get where your saying enjoy where you are now. I know I am, as well. I just can’t wait for things to start coming together and be able to enjoy the company of the little ones I have. We are also timing out two years, as well! He has two years in school, so I figured right about after that I would like to try. But, again, these are all plans if things go the way it is planned :slight_smile: