Baby Finnegan?

The husband and I have tentatively agreed on this name for a baby boy (we’ll find out the gender in a few weeks, hopefully!) I am lost as to middle name options. I like [name]Finnegan[/name] Gutherie, but I’d like to honor my late father, whose name was [name]Gary[/name] [name]Edward[/name] (nn [name]Chris[/name]). Any suggestions?

I like the spunky [name]Finnegan[/name]. [name]Will[/name] you be giving him the nn [name]Finn[/name] or using his full name? [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] would be a fine combo. Personally, I wouldn’t use another surname like [name]Guthrie[/name] as I think one surname per combo is enough. [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Gareth[/name] is another option if you don’t mind the repetitive g’s in the combo as well as [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Christopher[/name].

I really like [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edward[/name].
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Abel[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Levi[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Abram[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Charles[/name]

Yes- we will be calling him [name]Finn[/name]! [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] is growing on me. I’ve never been a big fan of [name]Edward[/name], but it is a good family name :slight_smile:

I like [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] as well. Good luck!

I like [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]. If you’d like other options that would still honour your father how about:
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edison[/name] ([name]Edison[/name] means son of [name]Edward[/name]) or [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edisen[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Garrison[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Christian[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Carsten[/name] (the [name]German[/name] form of [name]Christian[/name])
:slight_smile:

[name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] for sure. Great combo, and I just adore [name]Finnegan[/name]! Cute for a baby, yet strong and masculine for a man. I agree with [name]Mischa[/name] that another surname-y choice for the middle would be too much.

I agree with [name]Mischa[/name] that [name]Finnegan[/name] Gutherie is too much surname. [name]Finnegan[/name] Gregary, [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] would be great names to honor your late father.

I hope this helps, [name]Kat[/name].