Baby girl #2

See the results of this poll: Pick one

Respondents: 94 (This poll is closed)

• Mae Elizabeth : 49 (52%)
  • Frances Anne : 11 (12%)
  • Celia Frances: 34 (36%)

I really love [name]Mae[/name]! It’s full of sweet, sunshiney simplicity without being cutesy. I like all three names, but [name]Mae[/name] is definitely my favorite.

I love [name]Mae[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It’s beautiful. I think your other choices are pretty too, but [name]Mae[/name] is definitely my favorite.

1 [name]Mae[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - very soft and feminine. I love the mix of vintage and traditional.
2 [name]Celia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] - this combo has great flow
3 [name]Frances[/name] [name]Anne[/name] - I love [name]Frances[/name] but not with [name]Ann[/name] as the two names blend into each other. A middle name with a consonant would be better (eg. [name]Frances[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Frances[/name] [name]Wren[/name] or [name]Frances[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You just gave me exactly what I needed to hear (see) about our options!

I love [name]Mae[/name]!

Thank you for all the feedback. She will have a big sister [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (emery is a family surname and I have no intention of giving another daughter a unisex/surname). [name]Will[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] work well?

[name]Emery[/name] and [name]Mae[/name] work, and I do like [name]Mae[/name], but I like [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Celia[/name] best! I think [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Celia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] make awesome sisters!

[name]Mae[/name] is a family name for us and I was worried about it standing as a first name instead of a mn so I am super excited to see what a great response you received to it!!

I can see both [name]Mae[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Celia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] for [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]'s sister. The only issue I see is that [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Celia[/name] are three syllables and [name]Mae[/name] looks a bit short next to [name]Emery[/name]. Maybe you should bring both names to the hospital with you and meet your daughter before you decide. I like [name]Mae[/name] more than [name]Celia[/name] but I’m think [name]Celia[/name] is a better “fit” with [name]Emery[/name]. I’m so torn!:slight_smile:

I love [name]Mae[/name] and I love [name]Celia[/name]. I would say you should go with [name]Celia[/name] [name]Mae[/name], but I’m not sure if [name]Celia[/name] and [name]Emery[/name] pair well. [name]Emery[/name] is to unisex and [name]Celia[/name] too feminine for me. I would say [name]Mae[/name] is a better fit with [name]Emery[/name]. So, how about [name]Mae[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], or [name]Mae[/name] [name]Anne[/name]?

I voted for [name]Celia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]. I like [name]Mae[/name], but it seems off with [name]Emery[/name]. [name]Maeve[/name] would be fantastic, though.

I think [name]Celia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is the best combo of the 3, though I do love sweet [name]Mae[/name], it goes best with [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] IMHO

Best wishes!

[name]Celia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is gorgeous with [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Celia[/name] nn Ceecee or [name]Leah[/name]

I like [name]Celia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] so if you can’t decide then you have the options of [name]Mae[/name] as in [name]Maeve[/name] still keeping it in the mn spot but using [name]Mae[/name] as an everyday name.

Thank you all for the kind feedback. To be honest we are quite lost on what to name our little girl. Our first daughter was not easy to name but I kind of gave in a little and we used family names for both first and middle. We typically call her by both names. I think [name]Celia[/name] is a beautiful name and I adore [name]Mae[/name] but I just don’t feel like they are the names. I think we will wait until she comes to officially pick a name this time. We have a long list of yes’s and no’s and names that switch from one to the other. I really wanted [name]Annie[/name] as a nn but [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] my top choices do not work with our last name and [name]Anna[/name] is not an option. We played around with [name]Susanna/name, [name]Annette[/name] and [name]Antonia[/name] as well as [name]Anita[/name] for a moment but none of them seem to fit. I am trying to avoid another E name even though I do love [name]Eliza[/name]. But my name is an E and obviously her sisters I just don’t want that. As you can see we are in a little bit of a rut. I agree [name]Maeve[/name] is beautiful and I have tried to convince my husband. If my husband was not involved in the naming process I’d probably name her [name]Matilda[/name]. So confused!

[name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] & [name]Celia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Love[/name] this combo!

A couple of thoughts on the lovely choices you’ve presented:

[name]Frances[/name] [name]Anne[/name]: My favorite, by just a hair. I think it’s so classic and elegant, that the repeated “an” sound in both names doesn’t bother me. However, if you’re using “[name]Anne[/name]” just to get to “[name]Annie[/name]” as a nn, consider that “[name]Annie[/name]” could be a nn for [name]Frances[/name], given the internal “an” sound. And there’s also [name]Frannie[/name], which is adorable, and close to [name]Annie[/name]. I also like [name]Fan[/name] as a nn for [name]Frances[/name].

[name]Mae[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: Really sweet. I think [name]Mae[/name] is a very usable standalone name.

[name]Celia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]: As others have said it’s great to pair with [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. But I think finding the name you love the best outweighs sibset concerns. I like [name]Celia[/name], but there’s something a bit fragile about it to my ear.

Also, for “[name]Ann[/name]” names, did you consider Annabet or Annabeth? I think they’re underused and lovely “[name]Ann[/name]” names.

Good luck!

Annabet or Annabeth are names I have not considered! Thank you!

What about [name]Frances[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]? [name]Frances[/name] is my sister’s name, and I’ve always adored it!!!