Baby Girl AMS

My DH and I are expecting a baby. We don’t know the sex so we are having the fun of picking two sets of names. We agreed on the following criteria: The first name should begin with an A and be Hebrew. The middle name should begin with an M and can be in any language. For the boy we agreed on either [name]Avi[/name] or [name]Ari[/name] for the first name, and [name]Micah[/name] for the middle. For the girl we like [name]Maren[/name] for the middle name (Latin for sea, which appeals to us both.) I tend to like unusual names, my DH likes common ones. (He liked [name]Abigail[/name] for example, I did not. I liked [name]Anina[/name], he did not.) What do people think of the following girl names:
[name]Aniya[/name]
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Aya[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Adia[/name]
[name]Amara[/name]
Aviya
[name]Aviana[/name]

I really love [name]Ari[/name] and [name]Avi[/name], and think they’re both handsome paired with [name]Micah[/name].

[name]Aniya[/name]: I’m not personally a fan of [name]Aniya[/name]… I know it’s not Hebrew, but have you considered [name]Anya[/name]?

[name]Ayla[/name]: I think it’s pretty, but also very close to the trendy [name]Kayla[/name]/[name]Jayla[/name], etc. names, which may or may not bother you.

[name]Aya[/name]: Are you pronouncing this as A (like the letter A) -ya or Eye-ya? I think it’s pretty…

[name]Aria[/name]: [name]Aria[/name] is Italian for “melody,” so I didn’t realize it’s Hebrew. I think it’s very pretty…

[name]Adia[/name]: I prefer some of the others on your list…With an S last name, I think of the Adidas brand when I see [name]Adia[/name] S____.

[name]Amara[/name]: I think it’s very pretty, but Nameberry says it’s Greek in origin…

Aviya: I think it’s pretty, but I do think of the running shoes from the [name]Avia[/name] brand.

[name]Aviana[/name]: I think that this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it! :slight_smile:

From your list, I’m voting for [name]Aviana[/name], and think it’s lovely with [name]Maren[/name]. I’ll put [name]Aria[/name] in second place. :slight_smile:

Some more Hebrew names you may like:

[name]Adina[/name]
[name]Aliza[/name]
[name]Aviva[/name]

Some more middle names, just for fun:

[name]Aviana[/name] [name]Mirielle[/name] (meer-AY)
[name]Aviana[/name] [name]Maris[/name] (another Sea option…)
[name]Aviana[/name] [name]Mae[/name]/[name]May[/name]
[name]Aviana[/name] [name]Martine[/name]
[name]Aviana[/name] [name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Aviana[/name] [name]Monet[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Ari[/name] - prefer it slightly to [name]Avi[/name], it just sounds a bit warmer to me but I’m not sure why. I also really like [name]Micah[/name].

It’s a pity to me you don’t like [name]Abigail[/name], but on the other hand it’s become very popular. From your other list I like [name]Ayla[/name] (although I have the same reservations as [name]Jill[/name] does), [name]Aria[/name], [name]Adia[/name] (although again, [name]Jill[/name] makes a good point about this!), [name]Amara[/name], [name]Aviana[/name]. My favourite is [name]Aria[/name] followed by [name]Aviana[/name].
Some other A ideas that are (according to the internet anyway) Hebrew in origin:

[name]Ariel[/name] (I know this is often used for boys but I [name]LOVE[/name] it for girls pronounced air-ee-elle)
[name]Adara[/name]
[name]Afra[/name]
[name]Adah[/name] (according to nameberry, pronounced ah-dah, which I think is v pretty)
[name]Alva[/name]
Alona
[name]Amaris[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Maren[/name] as a middle name. I also really like [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Aviana[/name] [name]Mireille[/name]. Similar to your boy mn, I like [name]Aviana[/name] [name]Mila[/name].
Some ideas to go with [name]Aria[/name]:

[name]Aria[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Aria[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Aria[/name] [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Aria[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My favorite on your list is [name]Aria[/name] or [name]Amara[/name]. I like [name]Aviana[/name] except I think of the Avian Flu.

A few more Hebrew A names:
[name]Abelia[/name]
[name]Abriana[/name]
[name]Adalia[/name]
[name]Adara[/name]
[name]Amira[/name]
[name]Arella[/name]
[name]Ashira[/name]

[thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! that’s funny, my name is [name]Jill[/name] too. :slight_smile: Great name!

So the DH is thinking he likes [name]Aria[/name]. I had thought it was a Hebrew name, basically the female equivalent of [name]Ari[/name], which which means lion. But now I am told the Hebrew name for lionness is [name]Livia[/name].

Anyone know if [name]Aria[/name] is indeed a Hebrew name?

Now we are looking for lots of M names … both Hebrew and any language. If [name]Aria[/name] is not Hebrew, then we might want to go with a Hebrew name for a middle. Thanks to everyone for your feedback!

[name]Aria[/name] is actually Italian, meaning melodic. It’s one of my favorites, but if you’re looking for a Hebrew name it probably won’t work.
Have you considered [name]Adah[/name]? Another one on my list (I also tend to love Hebrew names), it means beautiful and adorned. It’s soft the same way that [name]Aria[/name] is, pronounced [name]Ah[/name]-dah. [name]Just[/name] an idea!

I looked for suggestions for Hebrew mns, but most of them sounded weird with [name]Aria[/name]. However, I saw you were considering [name]Mayim[/name], and I just wanted to say that I think [name]Aria[/name] [name]Mayim[/name] is a [name]LOVELY[/name] combination!