Baby Girl Arrived Earthside

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

Thank you so much for the wonderful support in naming our darling girl. We hadn’t found out the sex and had a wobble with names late in the third trimester. However, we are thrilled to announce the arrival of [name_f]India[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] :two_hearts: who made her way into the world by emergency C-section on [name_f]April[/name_f] 24th at 3:44pm. She weighs 7lbs 1.5oz and is the image of her proud Daddy.

Her name feels so whole and complete for her. She suits it perfectly:

[name_f]India[/name_f] was chosen for a few reasons; my husband is of Anglo-Indian heritage and it seemed a beautiful nod to his roots. It also holds literary significance to me; when I was 11 or 12 I read a book where the protagonist was a fierce but gentle feminist named [name_f]India[/name_f]. Sadly our [name_f]India[/name_f] has been diagnosed with a congenital heart defect, but we are sure she will also be fierce and strong too!

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] was chosen as it was the name of my late mother’s shop. She sold fair-trade clothing and accessories from [name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Africa[/name_f] and she was so proud of it. I know she’d be proud of her first grandchild, too. It also has a beautiful natural feel and I am very much a nature-Mama.

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] was chosen as we have a middle naming tradition of “Anne” - I am not a fan as it feels dated now, but I didn’t want to lose it altogether. We’ve updated and softened it, and also it honours my husband’s mother [name_f]Annette[/name_f] and his grandmother [name_f]Ann[/name_f].

Thank you for your help, and hope you enjoy the origins of her very special name!

61 Likes

Ohh, she is gorgeous :heart_eyes: As is her name. Many congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! She is adorable :blush:

1 Like

congratulations! she is beautiful and so is her name!

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

[name_f]India[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] is beyond stunning! [name_f]India[/name_f] is one of my favourite names and I am so happy to see a new baby with that gorgeous name.

She is perfect, congratulation!

1 Like

Congratulations! She’s a beautiful girl with a beautiful name!

1 Like

Beautiful name for a beautiful girl, congratulations!!

1 Like

What a beautiful baby. Congrats

1 Like

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and so is her name!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a beautiful little person!

1 Like

Congratulations! Such a gorgeous name!

1 Like

Congratulations! :blush: She is adorable and her name is beautiful!

1 Like

Congratulations! She is beautiful and so is her name!

1 Like

Lovely name and lovely baby! Congratulations to you and your family on little India

1 Like

she’s so cute, congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the beautiful meaning behind her name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a precious baby girl & beautiful name! Congratulations !! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Wow what a beautiful explanation! You guys really chose the perfect name for her. Both her name and her cute little self are stunning. Congratulations!

1 Like

What a beautiful name! Stunning connections and meaning behind it. Congrats on a gorgeous baby and I hope you are recovering well and being spoilt with lots of care and attention as well as baby :blush:

1 Like