Baby Girl Due in 3 Days! We Need a Name!

See the results of this poll: Which Name?

Respondents: 86 (This poll is closed)

• Eliza Violet : 23 (27%)
  • Marina Violet : 20 (23%)
  • Maren Violet : 15 (17%)
  • Tessa (Tess) Violet: 28 (33%)

I adore [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! It’s a lovely, underused classic that is still full of spunk, and it just goes so wonderfully with [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I think that it would also flow very nicely with a two-syllable ‘S’ last name, and it will definitely age well.
I think the second best of your combos is [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], which is also very lovely, and you really don’t hear it all that much.
I’m not a massive fan of either [name_f]Marina[/name_f] or [name_f]Maren[/name_f], I don’t know what it is, something about the sound of them seems off. Besides that, [name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] doesn’t really flow as well as some of your other combos, and [name_f]Marina[/name_f] sounds a tad dated to me.
Anyhow, congratulations on your soon-to-be-born little girl, and I hope you manage to decide on a name you love!

While I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], I just think there’s too my I-sound when it’s paired with [name_f]Violet[/name_f], so I vote for [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] instead-- elegant and classic combo.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] or [name_f]Maren[/name_f] (mair-en).

This is a tough one, I actually like all four options similarly. In the end I went with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], which sounds to me like a nice mix of spunkiness and sweetness.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] sounds so sweet and refined.

I love [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]!

For me it’s between [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f].
If you’re unsure how to pronounce [name_f]Maren[/name_f] (which I am too), or how you want to pronounce it, it doesn’t feel like it’s the right one for you. If you prefer [name_f]Tess[/name_f] to [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], but don’t feel like you can use [name_f]Tess[/name_f], again I’d say it doesn’t feel like the right one.
Both [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f] are gorgeous! I voted for [name_f]Marina[/name_f] because I think it’s a little more unexpected and love the water association, but you can’t go wrong with either of them!

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is so beautiful, sweet, and spunky. I love it!
[name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a close runner up, very pretty and great meaning. I love the adventurous, nature vibe it gives off!

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful responses! I’ll report back when she arrives!

Such great options ! I voted for [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] but I love [name_f]Maren[/name_f] too! [name_f]Mare[/name_f] rhyming with care - in. (If that helps)

I voted for [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] because I love that name. But since I also have a 2 syllable name starting with S, I understand your reservation. We have steered clear of S ending names ourselves. My next pick, which is super sweet, would be [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! Might flow better with your last name🙂

I voted [name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! I’ve always liked that name and pronounce it [name_f]MARE[/name_f]-in.

I think [name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is beautiful! It’s a scandinavian name so it’s actually pronounced MAH-ren (Like the beginning of mah-ya, and like wren without the w).