Baby girl due in June

Our first baby, a girl, is due this [name_u]June[/name_u]!
We’ve been calling her [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ([name_f]Juni[/name_f]) since we’ve known it’s a girl. But I am starting to second guess it, and I’m starting to wonder if it’s the right name. I’m worried it won’t age well and it’s too trendy. My husband on the other hand is still stuck on it… so I’m wondering if you guys could offer some suggestions and thoughts on middle name options, because we haven’t decided on that either.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] - moms name is [name_f]Donna[/name_f], so I thought this was a nice honor idea
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] - my moms middle name and she keeps trying to suggest it, I just don’t love it :confused:
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Leia[/name_f] - no special meaning, we just like it
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - no special meaning either, just like
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] - is this too nature heavy? Should we save [name_u]Wren[/name_u] for a potential sibling name?

[name_f]TIA[/name_f].

Well, I definitely think you have to consider whether or not you still love [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], regardless of your concerns. If you love it more than any other name, then you should use it!

But, if you are worried about it aging well, [name_u]June[/name_u] called “[name_f]Juni/name_f” is just as sweet.

If you stick with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], though, and you’re worried about trendiness, I would probably give her a more classic middle name.

• [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] both feel a little nature-heavy with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u].
  • [name_f]Leia[/name_f] definitely does not tone it down at all.
  • [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is a little heavy on the “oo” sound. Plus, the 'r’s run into each other.
  • And you’re not as keen on [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]…

Would you consider one of these?
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] (The -lyn ending could still serve to honor your mom.)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] / [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

I love [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] and don’t think it’s trendy. To me it sounds like a classic name probably because the name [name_u]June[/name_u] is such a classic and these two names are so close. If it’s the timelessness concern that’s holding you back, I think that’s not an issue. I think the [name_u]June[/name_u] birthday makes this name even cuter!

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] - This is my favorite combo! Beautiful and a bonus that it is an honor (I don’t think you need to keep looking, unless this doesn’t feel right)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] - doesn’t work well with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] imo and to me [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] is overused
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Leia[/name_f] - I’m not liking these names together
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - I like this!
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] - I feel neutral about this one. I think the name being “naturey” isn’t an issue unless that’s not what you want to go for.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] is my favorite but if you aren’t sold here are some other ideas (favorites in bold):
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] (idk if this is too naturey for you but I think this combo is beautiful)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]/[name_u]Rain[/name_u] (same as above)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

I think [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] will age well, but, if you’re concerned, it also has plenty of nn potential as well. I say if you love it, go for it.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] is beautiful! That’s definitely my favorite combo. In my opinion, [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] isn’t a name that would be easy to outgrow over time, there’s so many variations of it to where I don’t see that being a problem! ([name_f]Juni[/name_f] has an adorable cutesy vibe, [name_u]June[/name_u] sounds more mature, and even [name_f]Juno[/name_f] as a potential nickname seems spunky) Overall, if it’s still your favorite name I think it is a gorgeous pick! :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]! There’s loads of nn options available, but I also think that it would age just fine. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] is a stunning combo, and I think it flows well.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]!! I don’t think it’s too trendy

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] is lovely and I like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Leia[/name_f] too!

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] sprung to mind too - as a nod to [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] and it’s similar in sound to [name_f]Leia[/name_f]-, [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]? [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]? [name_f]Junie[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]? [name_m]Just[/name_m] an idea.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is beautiful, I would say it’s on trend, but not what the definition of trendy in the name community is (for a long time, trendy was used to describe names that were “made-up”, unisex surnames on girls, or creatively spelled, ie; Makynli&[name_u]McKinley[/name_u] or [name_u]Addison[/name_u] & [name_u]Addyson[/name_u]).

If you’re still concerned, I second the idea of [name_u]June[/name_u] nn [name_f]Junie[/name_f] instead.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] is my favourite of your options, followed by [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. I’d personally save [name_u]Wren[/name_u] as a potential sibling name!

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] are my favorites; I would opt for the one with significance to you. I think [name_u]June[/name_u] is a bit more timeless than [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], but using that is an option if your daughter prefers, so I wouldn’t worry about it. Different nature names find favor with different generations but I don’t think that is a reason not use to [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], if it is the name you both love.

As you are wondering if Juniper may not age well or be trendy, I suggest going straight to June, nickname Juni. You still get the nickname you have been calling baby, and love, and you could also use Juniper as another family nickname as there is no rule that says a nickname has to be shorter than the given name! June Linnea is gorgeous!

I consider [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] a trendy name, but I dont think its a bad thing, and if you really love it, then I say go for it! [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Juni[/name_f]’ is great!