Baby Girl due in less than 3 weeks...would love feedback on our list!

My husband and I are expecting our first child, a girl, in less than 3 weeks. Being name obsessed, I have been researching names throughout the duration of my pregnancy, but I cannot seem to commit…I’m beginning to get a bit nervous about choosing the right one!! I would be so grateful for any feedback and suggestions on names…

First name finalists: [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]

Middle name possibilities (all honor/family names): [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] (honors my brother who passed away, so I’d love to use this if it works, but could always save for future children)

Our favored combinations:
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] (too much of a mouthful?)

Other names I’ve liked at one point or another: [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Karina[/name_f], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Please let me know your thoughts on our finalists, or if anything else pops to mind that you think we might like. Thank you!!

I love [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] for the nn potential, and because it’s a very elegant name that will age well. [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is lovely, but maybe a bit too obvious/expected for a [name_u]December[/name_u] baby? I don’t know, It is a very pretty name. I love [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] combined with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].
I don’t really like [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] but I see the appeal to others x

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] are nms, but I absolutely adore [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] and [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f].

[name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is very beautiful! I also like [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] out of your combos. I think you could use [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] to honor your brother - it flows better to me than [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] or [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f]. Although my top choices would be [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] if you’re willing to add [name_f]Violet[/name_f] back to the list :slight_smile:

[name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is really pretty :slight_smile: I also like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] :heart:

I love [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f]. Although it is long, that wouldn’t really concern me because we seldom say all three names together and [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] is so meaningful to you that I would love for you to be able to use it. I also think [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] can work even though they have the same ending, the rest of the names are so different. I think the meaning of the honour name trumps the length of the name, and really, they are quite nice together.

Thank you! I also love the nickname potential of [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]…I’m particularly loving [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] and [name_f]Gigi[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]! Others are very pretty, too.

Thank you all for your feedback!

elelstar- I also love the nickname potential of Georgina…I am particularly fond of Georgie and Gigi, but I worry that I might overuse the nicknames rather than calling her by her full name, Georgina. As an adult Jennifer who only goes by Jenny, should I be concerned by this?

thenameprincess- Penelope just seems a bit too popular for me, and my name is Jenny, so I think it’s a bit silly to have a Jenny and a Penny as mother and daughter…Gabrielle Michaela is a beautiful combo, but I worry about the potential of Gabby as a nickname, which I dislike.

bowtiful- love the suggestion of Noelle Michaela

whitegardenia- thank you for your support of Francesca Michaela…I also thought that meaning could trump flow in this instance.

Thank you all for your thoughts! I look forward to hearing any others!

[name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is my favorite of the first names, it’s such a beautiful name. I like [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] ([name_f]Michaela[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is even better) – [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would also be nice.

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is a lovely and uncommon name (yet plenty familiar) – I do think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] is a bit of a mouthful. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] are very nice. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] are pretty too.

Are you open to variations of the MN honor/family names? For example [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_u]Josie[/name_u], [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]? We could come up with tons of options there if you’re interested in going in that direction!

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] could be a pretty combo – I also like [name_f]Karina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]…

Best of luck!

I think that your concerns over shortforms are feasible. [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] are all apt to be shortened.

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] could be shortened, too… but I think [name_u]Fran[/name_u] and [name_u]Frannie[/name_u] and even [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] are nicer that [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], [name_f]Gina[/name_f], [name_u]Gabby[/name_u] and [name_u]Penny[/name_u].

I love [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f], and I’d like to suggest [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], too!

[name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a beautiful [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] name.

whiteteaandginger- My husband and family really want to stick with using honor names as they are, but I can totally relate to trying out some beautiful variations…[name_f]Marina[/name_f] is one of my favorites.

anyagreenwich- yes, I am having so much trouble coming to terms with possible nicknames…so often I like the full name over the nickname. In the case of [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], I am not fond of [name_u]Fran[/name_u], but I do like [name_f]Fancy[/name_f], [name_f]Francie[/name_f], or whatever variation develops with baby.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback on [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]…I was becoming more and more unsure of it because I felt it lacked the same spunk as [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], but it seems you all approve!

I absolutely love them all! You cannot go wrong. You’ve got it narrowed down to three and I think that is perfect. See which one will suit your girl best once she is here.

I feel like [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is the winner

I like [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f], or [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]* *(french form of [name_u]Michael[/name_u])

I really love the idea of using a form of your brother’s name for your daughter. I’m sorry for your loss and good luck on finding the right name for your little blessing

I’m also due with a baby girl the week of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]!!

I think [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful!! I personally shy away from names that I dislike the obvious NNs too… so I would skip [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]. [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] is cute.