Baby girl got a guilty pleasure name!

Announcing the birth of [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louise[/name]!

Thank you berries for all your help naming her. When I went into labor I posted asking about [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] vs. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]. I also considered [name]Wilhelmina[/name] nn [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name] nn [name]Hattie[/name]. When she was born, the only name that fit her looks of the four was [name]Beatrice[/name] but both dh and I felt like it was too docile a name for such a feisty personality. She makes a ton of silly noises all the time, has a bunch of facial expressions, and is very squirmy! When we both thought of [name]Beatrix[/name] separately we knew it was the one. We loved the name [name]Beatrix[/name] before I was pregnant, but once we were actually expecting it just seemed too “out there” and we didn’t like the idea of “[name]Trixie[/name]”. But the name suits her! I know some family and friends probably hate it, but we love it and know they’ll come around to it once they get to know her!

[name]Clementine[/name] was a family name we loved, but once we decided on [name]Beatrix[/name], the two names just seemed like too much together. [name]Louise[/name] was the name we originally loved with [name]Beatrix[/name] -but we took it out of the naming pool all together once [name]Louisa[/name] became a top contender in the first name spot. But we brought it back up once we decided on [name]Beatrix[/name] and the first time I said “[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louise[/name]” after she was born, we knew it was right. It took three days to figure it out but she finally has a name we love.

We’ve been trying out different nick names - [name]Bea[/name], [name]Bix[/name], Bixie, [name]Birdie[/name], [name]Busy[/name], etc. -but at one month old they all still feel a little forced. I think we just have to get to know her better and see what we call her naturally. We need to get used to calling her [name]Beatrix[/name] first!

Congrats to you on the safe arrival of your daughter, [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louise[/name]! A lovely combo to suit your spunky baby! :slight_smile:

Congratulations to you and your family! [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is pretty and spunky.

Gorgeous name! [name]Love[/name] it! Congratulations. :smiley:

From one [name]Beatrix[/name] mom to another, congrats! It felt weird using her name for a while for me, too, but now I can’t picture her any other way than [name]Baby[/name] [name]Bea[/name]. (Although she just turned 1, so she is more toddler than baby now, but Toddler [name]Bea[/name] doesn’t have the same ring to it.) I also considered [name]Louisa[/name] for a first name, and it took me three days to name my girl, so you and I clearly have some of the same baby name brain waves going on.

Enjoy this time with your new squish!

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is lovely! Congrats on your baby girl!

Congratulations! [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is absolutely charming, I love it! [name]Beatrix[/name] is a huge favorite of mine.

All the best!

Very lovely choice! Congratulations.

Congratulations on your new blessing! So neat that you and your husband agreed on a name to fit her personality. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is lovely! Enjoy your precious little girl!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]! Congratulations. :slight_smile:

[name]Beatrix[/name] is a great name. [name]Love[/name] it, congratulations.

rollo