Baby girl name HELP! Margot, June, Molly ??

Hello… I have a little boy now and his name is [name_m]Smith[/name_m]. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] girl is due in [name_u]June[/name_u]!

Ideas we have so far:
[name_u]June[/name_u] (Is it odd to name her [name_u]June[/name_u] if she is due in [name_u]June[/name_u]?)Also all of our families really don’t like it.
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]

Would like the middle name to be [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] but I am flexible. I would love for her name to be known but nothing common or trendy. Our last name is [name_m]French[/name_m], gignilliat pronounced gin-lat. Any name ideas would be welcomed!

[name_u]June[/name_u] – I think it’s perfectly fine to use that name for a [name_u]June[/name_u] baby. Have you considered [name_f]Juno[/name_f] for a bit of a twist?
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Molly[/name_f] – Those are both cute.

I don’t know if any of those names sound quite right with [name_u]Kaye[/name_u], though – especially [name_u]June[/name_u].

I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] best from the names you’ve provided and I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] works best. [name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] sounds fine, and [name_f]Molly[/name_f] is adorable, but I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is so gorgeous. If you’re set on the middle name [name_u]Kaye[/name_u], I think [name_u]June[/name_u] works the least with it. [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] almost sounds like “junky” if you say it fast.

Overall, you’ve chosen gorgeous names, but my favorite is definitely [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u].

My vote is [name_u]June[/name_u]. Perfect for a summer baby!

[name_u]June[/name_u] is my favorite from your list, but it doesn’t sound great with [name_u]Kaye[/name_u]. [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]? [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Kaitlin[/name_f]?

I’m a [name_f]Molly[/name_f]:slight_smile: and I’m the only [name_f]Molly[/name_f] I know. [name_u]Love[/name_u] my name and i really feel it fits my personality. So It’s my vote. Ha!

I like [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Molly[/name_f]. My vote goes for [name_f]Margot[/name_f], because your last name is [name_m]French[/name_m].
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] Gignilliat flows nicely, but it can be better.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] Gignilliat
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Karine[/name_f] Gignilliat
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] Gignilliat
(I’m using variants of [name_u]Kaye[/name_u])

I don’t really like [name_u]June[/name_u], and the fact that she would be born in [name_u]June[/name_u] would make it kind of corny. I’m not fond of [name_f]Molly[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is very beautiful, but simple enough to match [name_m]Smith[/name_m].

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] is my favorite :slight_smile: [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] sounds nice too. I think it is a bit odd to name her [name_u]June[/name_u] in [name_u]June[/name_u].

June is my favourite of all, but I know a woman called April who was born in April and she got teased a lot for that as a kid. Margot reminds me of the word maggot. Molly is cute.

Juno would be a good alternative to June and its a roman goddess! (The month June is also named after the goddess Juno, so it’s still tied to the month of you want that).

I vote for [name_f]Molly[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]June[/name_u] the best. I think it’s beautiful, simple, and feminine.

I love [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]! I prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f] with your last name and your son’s name.

I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] works best both with [name_m]Smith[/name_m] (as her brother) and with [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] (as her middle). [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] are both great names too, they just have very different vibes. But that could be influenced by the folks I know. Good luck with your little one!

Go for [name_f]Margot[/name_f]! It’s [name_m]French[/name_m] like your surname and it’s gorgeous. It also works well with the middle name you’ve picked out, and with your son’s name. [name_m]Smith[/name_m] & [name_f]Margot[/name_f]? Adorable.

[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] doesn’t work for me (because yes, it sounds a bit like you’re saying “junky” with a weird accent) and it sounds like alliteration with your last name “[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Gin[/name_f]-lat” even though your last name begins with a G not a J, which is a bit cartoon charactery.

[name_f]Molly[/name_f] is lovely but [name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] sounds a bit like [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u] to me… so that’s also a no.

Thank y’all so very much!! I have decided to go a totally different route. I decided that [name_u]June[/name_u] is my favorite BUT I’m not a fan of [name_u]June[/name_u] in [name_u]June[/name_u]. So with that we are now going with… [name_u]Sloan[/name_u] :slight_smile: fell in love with this name.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Sloan[/name_u]! Good choice!

[name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

My vote goes to [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] has a cute ring to it! :slight_smile:

I vote for [name_u]June[/name_u].