Baby Girl Name Impression

I think we have settled on a name for our second daughter due in [name_u]July[/name_u] 2022 - [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. This will be our last child and our first daughter is named [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. I am just wondering what impression people get of the name pair? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they seem too old fashioned together? We’re a UK based family, but are also American and have considered moving back.

4 Likes

I think they sound great together!

2 Likes

I love them both! Definitely just the right amount of old fashioned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They do sound old fashioned but names like that are tending right now. I certainly would assume they were young children if I heard those names due to their rising popularity at the moment. I think the old fashionedness is very nice.

2 Likes

They’re great together! Compatible but not too matchy, and sweetly vintage rather than too old-fashioned.

2 Likes

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is a lovely combo and a perfect sister to [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

They’re very sweet together! Not too old-fashioned since these kind of names are pretty popular right now. I’m not sure what they rank in the UK, but you can always look at it as helping to revive old jems :sparkles:

2 Likes

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] combos! [name_m]Feel[/name_m] very vintage and sweet without feeling frusty. Both names on the rise but not ones that will be super popular I imagine. I think they names sound fashionable and wear will well as they grow older too :blush:

2 Likes

They are old-fashioned, but delightfully so! They make me think of old lace and gardens.

1 Like

They sound so great. So charming, so welcoming! Not at all too old fashioned (but I love old fashioned and never think it’s too much)!

1 Like

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is darling! Sweet, charming and lovely with plenty of more modern nicknames of she feels [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is old fashioned (i dont think it is)

1 Like

Gorgeous. It’s giving Bridgerton vibes (the TV show).

1 Like

Congratulations :two_hearts:

Honestly your kiddos names are absolutely gorgeous such lovely names! They feel fashionable very purposely vintage honestly I would describe [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] as very vogue. I think all four names separately are getting a lot of a attention currently so I would not worry about the names being seen as too old and I think they would work either side of the pond. I actually love your children’s names!

Good luck

2 Likes

I think part of my hesitation with [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] was that [name_f]Cora[/name_f] ranks around 120 and is rising in the UK whereas [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is around the 300 mark. What has sold me is the nickname [name_u]Romy[/name_u] (not popular, but trending). I think we will mostly use the full name, but will introduce [name_u]Romy[/name_u] as an option as well. I am trying to avoid [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] just because it is SO common in the UK.

They are lovely. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is a beauty in particular.