Baby Girl Name Poll

See the results of this poll: Which name do you prefer?

Respondents: 131 (This poll is closed)

• Annabel : 51 (31%)
  • Lucinda (mn Lucy) : 27 (16%)
  • Scarlett : 36 (22%)
  • Violet: 50 (30%)

My favourite was [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]! I think its a beautiful name and if you like the name [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] you can always have it as the mn ([name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f])

I love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]! [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] is gorgeous too, but I’m not sure on the mn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] with [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]. Maybe you could use [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]?

I voted for [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I couldn’t really choose, both sound great with older sibs’ names. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] perhaps slightly better.

I think [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] sound the best with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. Perhaps [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] just a bit better than [name_f]Violet[/name_f]… but it’s a really close call.

Thanks for your feedback Indilee! Yes it was meant to say nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (nickname not middle name). I wasn’t sure how to edit the poll.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my favorite, on its own and in the sibset, followed by [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]. I personally don’t care for [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] or [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], but I don’t think they fit well with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] either.

I love them all, especially [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f].

Thanks for your advice everyone!!

I like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] best with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. It has the same spunky, modern feel. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] are beautiful but are a bit more old-fashioned, especially compared to [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would work too, as it has a history of use but feels current, I just prefer [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] to [name_f]Violet[/name_f] myself. :slight_smile:

I like all these names, but I would choose [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would stand out as too common and [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]… Well I just don’t like when two siblings have the same initial and the other one don’t.

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is my favourite out of the 4 and I feel it’s perfect with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] would be a lovely sister name to [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], although I am not sure it fits as well with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] are also lovely names but they pale in comparison to [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

They’re all nice names, though I instantly thought [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] & [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] just ‘fit’ and ‘work’. They all mesh so beautifully together, but still have their own individual sounds and looks that separate them.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback! I think [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is the front runner for us, although we have now added [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] ([name_u]Frankie[/name_u]) to the mix. Thoughts?

I would choose [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

I don’t like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] is pretty but wouldn’t be my first pick with a [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. I also like different ending sounds for all siblings so the -t of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or the -l of [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] seems more perfect with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m].

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] is a top ten name here so I wouldn’t worry about [name_f]Violet[/name_f] being too popular, and I’ve always liked it. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is wonderful with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. I was really torn between [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f].

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is pretty and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] is spunky, but it feels a different and more elaborate style than your other names. What about [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], called [name_u]Billie[/name_u]?

I like [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] in that order. I know that [name_f]Violet[/name_f] has gotten popular (which may be a strike against it right there) but i just have never seen the attraction.

I voted for [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], but love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] too!