Baby girl name possibilities

We are expecting our 8th baby next month. We don’t know what we are having. We love [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and Éowyn (AY-oh-win). We also really like [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], well dh loves it. I love the sounds but am worried about the image it gives. So give me opinions on these three, please, if you think [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] is useable, and on mn’s for [name_f]Pippa[/name_f].

[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]-has meaning to us
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u]-[name_u]Baby[/name_u] due [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]'s week
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]-hubby would love
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]-has meaning to us
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f]-dh doesn’t really care for

Éowyn would probably be
Éowyn [name_u]Lake[/name_u] or
Éowyn [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
But those should be easier to choose between.

Not sure for a mn for [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], probably one from the list but can’t really use the word names. We’ll probably go with [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] if it’s a boy but dh likes Trapper, too.

I’d recommend listing the first names of your other 7 kids so people can get a feel for fit as with that many little ones, it’ll be a key consideration.

I typically dislike place names but I gotta say that [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] is an exception for me. I don’t know why but it is just a beautiful sound - maybe [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is more user friendly for you? If you live in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] or the UK, I’d probably avoid the name as a first. It’s great in the middle spot regardless. Much prefer it to [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] which (despite the Middleton connection) still reminds me of [name_f]Pippi[/name_f] Longstocking. I don’t know that it ages that well and would be more on board with a [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] that shortens to [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] so that she could use a longer name if needed/wanted.

With [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. Second is [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u].

[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] I love the sound of but wouldn’t even know where to start to pronounce it. Again, if you live in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], probably not an issue.

[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] is a strong, handsome name. I have to say that I really dislike Trapper. Trap as a nickname? I just think of the expression “shut your trap” or picture a little animal caught in a trap.

I’m in the states. I don’t really want to list my other’s names at this time but they aren’t all one style.

While [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] has a pretty sound, I probably wouldn’t use it because it is the name of a country and also just reminds me of [name_m]Alec[/name_m] [name_u]Baldwin[/name_u]'s daughter. But hey, if you love it, you should use it!

I do like [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], though. [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] is also nice, though it may come with pronunciation issues if she grows up in the States.

It’s really hard to pick one knowing there are seven siblings whose names we don’t know! I’d hate to pick one and then discover that to me it sounded a lot like one of your children’s names or clashed with one, etc.

ANYWAY. You say you’re in the U.S., in which case unfortunately I think the beautiful [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] would be a tough first name to have. I imagine it would be a name that she’d have to correct people on all the time, spelling- and pronunciation-wise. I’d totally put it in the middle name spot, though! Would you consider [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]?

Honestly I think all of your [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] combos work pretty well. I’m most drawn to [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] - it just feels refreshing, somehow. I like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]: I find it lively and energetic, but not so much so that it can’t be taken seriously.

I really dislike [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] as a first name - I know people use it, but I find it clunky. I wouldn’t use a place name with “land” in it as a first name - it makes it feel much more like a geographical feature than a person. It’s fine as a middle name, though.

I think [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] is charming! It has similar qualities to me as [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] does - energetic but grounded enough. If you were having boy/girl twins, I’d be delighted by a twinset named [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].

I can’t sugarcoat how much I dislike Trapper as a name. Admittedly I’ve never been hunting and I’m a vegetarian animal-lover, and Trapper has very sinister, violent overtones to me. There’s also no intuitive nickname from it that sounds more agreeable, plus the “shut your trap” expression mentioned above. I can’t picture a sunny, cheerful boy named Trapper, or a quiet poet… it’s not a versatile name to me at all. I’m sorry if this sounds harsh, I’m just having a really strong reaction to it and I thought you should be aware of that.

I actually love [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. I think it has the best flow.

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], and [name_f]Willow[/name_f] are my favorites by themselves but I don’t love how the all have the same ‘ih’ vowel sound as [name_f]Pippa[/name_f].

[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] is cute and wins points for having special meaning.

[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] is also cute but a bit close to puppy love. It might be a bit too literal if baby is really due on/around [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]'s [name_u]Day[/name_u], but [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] sounds great to me.

I also really like [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]. [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] sounds better to me than [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] (again due to repetition of ay- lay-). but I second pp’s suggestion of [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]!

As far as boys, [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] is a million times better than Trapper, imo! Trapper reminds me of hunting by setting traps, and also trapper keepers.

Good luck!!

Oregano7, on the contrary, I appreciate your constructive criticism. I have this cross-posted on another name board where people have been down right mean! Haha. Trapper is a name my dh just loves so I’ve let it stay there. I’m really not planning to use it. You’d hate it even more if you knew I had a son named [name_u]Hunter[/name_u]. Lol. Some of the names on my list would do much better on here ([name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_m]Leif[/name_m]) but dh doesn’t like those.

I guess I’ll list my kids’ names but the only reason I don’t want to is that I suspect some people I know irl may be on here. The names confirm my identity. Haha

Aubyn (girl)
[name_u]Ashton/name_u
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
Chesnee
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] ([name_m]Hawk[/name_m])

And I’ve never cared for the flow of [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Éowyn. It doesn’t pass the yell-across-the-house test to me. Haha. The sound where the two names meet are a little difficult for me.

I’m really crushing on Éowyn [name_u]Skye[/name_u]. So beautiful.

My favorites are [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u], because its pretty and nice to have meaning, [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], its a cool place name and incorporates what your dh likes, [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f], I just really love the name [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u], again meaning and the baby will be born in the winter, and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f], because it fits with the Irish theme of [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] and is a cute name. So basically I only ruled out [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u], which are adorable but I like the other ones slightly better. Actually, all of your [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] combos are great and I love them all. I think with [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f], I would choose [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] because of the meaning for you although [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] is also pretty. For [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] I would choose something very pretty or classic, maybe [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u], [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], or [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. I love [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] for a boy, its cute, but not Trapper.