Baby girl name

Was THAT necessary…geez.

Was THAT necessary…geez.[/quote]

I just wanted to find out whether there are others with the name combination after I’ve named my daughter with it. When I chose [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name], it was based on the story I mentioned in the beginning of this thread and not on any other reason.

Was THAT necessary…geez.[/quote]

I am confused. Why does it matter if they googles it?

There are always going to be people that share your name. Google anybody’s name that you’ve ever heard of and there will be people that share it.
[name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] is a lovely name, although I do like [name]Joy[/name] more than [name]Joyce[/name].
I think when someone has just had a baby, we need to be especially supportive and not say geez about anything they do. I know when I had just had babies, people were very supportive of me. My husband brought me some pumpkin pie from my mom’s house because it was Thanksgiving, and we figured the hospital pumpkin pie wouldn’t be as good.

Aw! That was really nice of him! :slight_smile:

I second this. Personal attacks make me really sad, and have no place on Nameberry.
:frowning: It’s one thing to offer constructive criticism about a name, but quite another thing to personally attack a poster.

To the new dad: I hope you’re enjoying your second day with your precious baby girl, [name]Amanda[/name]. I love reading happy posts from new dads, and yours make me smile. :slight_smile:

Your excitement is contagious, and we posters at Nameberry share in your happiness!

I hope that everything is going well! :slight_smile:

I just want to add congratulations from myself and [name]Pam[/name], who run nameberry, on your new baby girl, your inspiring story, and your choice of a beautiful name with real meaning for you.

I thought your story was great. I commented that I was confused by the rude comment about googling the name. I didn’t mean that I was confused why you would google the name. I just wanted to clear that up.

Congrats on your daughter! [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] is a beautiful name. I hope mom and baby are doing well! Best wishes :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone who has been supportive to me.

[name]Amanda[/name] and her mum are at home now and everyone are excited with the name I chose. They wanted to know why I choose that name because it is outside the traditional norms we use in my culture. I have explained it to my wife to tell them the reasons.

I want my child to grow up with a beautiful story to her name and that’s exactly what I did by giving her these beautiful names.

Thank you all!!!

You’re so welcome! :slight_smile:

You certainly did give your baby girl a beautiful name with an amazing story. (I wish that my name had such meaning!) :slight_smile:

I’m so glad that your wife and [name]Amanda[/name] are doing well, and I hope you are, too!

Enjoy your baby girl! :slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Linda[/name]. Nameberry has been a big help for me. I wanted to know the meaning of the names I chose for my daughter and I found it here. Consider me a fan of your site from now on. Cheers all around!!!

I think all that matters is that name has deep significance for you. I love the fact that [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] has such specific reasons. It shows that you truly put thought in naming your daughter. Congratulations!