Baby Girl names...

We are having the hardest time coming up with a girl name nor less 2! If they are boys there names will be [name]Daton[/name] [name]James[/name] and Kagen [name]Gage[/name]. My Hubby insist on the name
Zayah [name]Brielle[/name] for a girl… I do like it but I don’t want it to be “way out there”. All the names I [name]LOVE[/name] ([name]Pressley[/name], [name]Lexi[/name], Rysley, [name]Tessi[/name]) don’t go with our last name ending in “sley”. I also [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Emeri[/name] for a girl but my mom HATES IT! I thought [name]Emeri[/name] and [name]Avery[/name] would be adorable twin names with the nicknames [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]…What do you think? I don’t even know if I could even go there with all that my mom has said about the name [name]Emeri[/name]… Hummm???

[name]Emeri[/name] is completely adorable. So is [name]Avery[/name]. I love them! Plus the nicknames are cute. It’s your baby, not your mom’s. Have fun with names!

Some of the girls’ names you mentioned are cute! Would you consider using them as nicknames for longer versions that go better with your last name?

For example, for [name]Lexi[/name], you could go with [name]Alexandra[/name], [name]Alexis[/name], [name]Alexa[/name], etc.

[name]Tessi[/name] sounds like it could be a nickname for [name]Tessa[/name], which is itself a nickname for [name]Theresa[/name], though I think [name]Tessa[/name] can stand alone these days. [name]Desi[/name] sounds similar to [name]Tessi[/name], and it could be short for [name]Desiree[/name] or [name]Destiny[/name]. I could also see it as a nn for [name]Odessa[/name] or [name]Desdemona[/name]–but those might be more “out there” than you want!

Rysley–I’m guessing on the pronunciation, but I assumed you say it with a long I? In that case, I think it could be used with any name that has that “rye” sound in it. Here are some I thought of:
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Mariah[/name] (or omit the M for [name]Ariah[/name] or [name]Arya[/name])
[name]Ryann[/name], [name]Ryanne[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] (related to [name]Sarah[/name])

I couldn’t think of anything for [name]Pressley[/name], but you probably get the picture by now! [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Emeri[/name] are also nice choices. I agree with Realpraise–choose names that you and your husband love, not ones your mother loves. She already had her chance to name babies, now it’s your turn!