Baby girl set to arrive in Feb

Cecilia Josephine will have a baby sister! I last popped in here in [name]October[/name] asking about the “Go Big or Go Home” name of [name]Zenobia[/name] (which my partner still totally adores, but I’ve sort of jettisoned since getting your advice). [name]Baby[/name] will be multiracial.

Since then I’ve shifted my focus to:

[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (nickname Maizy) ([name]Mae[/name] is a family name). Other nicknames could include [name]Maggie[/name] (partner doesn’t love) and [name]Nola[/name].
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Ines[/name] (nickname [name]Frannie[/name] or even [name]Frankie[/name] depending on whether she’s a tomboy or not)

[name]Eva[/name] is a family name that would be great to incorporate in some name, but I’m really just not feeling it these days. [name]Marie[/name]/[name]Maria[/name] is another huge name in my family but it is soooo tired in my eyes.

Still also love the name [name]Zinnia[/name], but am having a hard time picturing it in real usage.

I need some fresh inspiration as I’m spinning my wheels and have been for a little while.

I think [name]Zinnia[/name], Maizy, [name]Ines[/name] and [name]Frankie[/name] are really cute! Maybe you would like [name]Azalia[/name] which is another cute sounding/different flower name w a Z. Or [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Charlie[/name] short for Chalize?

I knew a little girl named [name]Zinnia[/name] who was so cute, so it’s easy for me to picture it in use. I don’t mind [name]Zenobia[/name] either but obviously you got some negative feedback on that one. I love [name]Maisie[/name] (spelled however) but don’t care for [name]Magnolia[/name] although [name]Maggie[/name] is cute. I do like [name]Francesca[/name] and love the nn [name]Frankie[/name]. I know you said you are over using the family names but I think [name]Eva[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Marie[/name] would be super cute.

Great suggestions. [name]Evelyn[/name] is adorable. Unfortunately I have so many patient names that are just off limits for one reason or another and unfortunately, [name]Evelyn[/name] is one.

Since we pulled [name]Cecilia[/name] out of the early 1900’s we were looking for something that was popular then but hasn’t really surged since. (Thus [name]Magnolia[/name]). I spent the afternoon surfing the top 1000 names of 1910 and got a few more suggestions.
[name]Regina[/name]
[name]Felicia[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name] and
[name]Francisca[/name] (the older variant of [name]Francesca[/name]… and maybe fresher?)

I’m glad that [name]Zinnia[/name] feels do-able and I’m going to have to put [name]Azalia[/name] on the list. My partner loves names with Z in them (thus the alternative spelling of Maizy)

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is a fantastic name.

I quite like the name [name]Zenobia[/name]. I actually dislike [name]Magnolia[/name] and I don’t think it goes with [name]Cecilia[/name] nicely. [name]Francesca[/name] is much prettier, and works fantastically with [name]Cecilia[/name]. I actually like the full name [name]Francesca[/name] better than nicknames. I like [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Maria[/name], I think it sounds fresh. I don’t like [name]Zinnia[/name], I prefer [name]Zenobia[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Francisca[/name]! I never really liked [name]Francesca[/name], but I love the nickname [name]Frankie[/name] and [name]Francisca[/name] sounds like a great way to get there.

Well, as of this morning I put [name]Zenobia[/name] back on the table. [name]Zen[/name] is a great nickname… but I think it’s really going to depend on the baby. I still think it’s a really big name and would require a big personality to fill. It’s hard when you are adopting because you really have no idea what the baby is going to be like at all.

So the only issue I see with [name]Francesca[/name] is that it is decidedly a 1970s-1990s name. You can’t find it in the 1910’s at all. That makes me like the alternative [name]Francisca[/name] more.

I like [name]Felicia[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Francisca[/name]. [name]Regina[/name] is the only one I don’t care for. I think [name]Francisca[/name] is my fav, then [name]Aurelia[/name], then [name]Felicia[/name]. I think of [name]Francesca[/name] less as a name from a certain period, and more as just, Italian. Good luck!

So [name]Aurelia[/name] is probably out since it sounds too much like [name]Cecilia[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name] is kind of classic and it was my grandmother’s middle name. I don’t like the nickname [name]Ellie[/name] though…