Baby girl short list

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] again! Was at the midwifes the other day and she thinks there might be two little ones! Though due to people being on leave etc I won’t be able to get a scan until sometime next week (hopefully) but then of course my mind started wandering about possible twin names, we have pretty much settled on [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Simona[/name_f] (See-mona), then the question is if there’s another little girl what would her name be??
We have a short list (long list for non berries ”) was wondering if anyone could give advice or ideas? DH is Scottish and I am Faroese (think Icelandic) and would like a name which works in both languages, go as crazy as you want!
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
Freyja
[name_f]Eilidh[/name_f]
Euphemia
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Eira[/name_f]
Aurnia
[name_f]Beulah[/name_f]
Brynja
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]
Alvilda
[name_m]Aldis[/name_m]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

Thank you in advance!

Some combos i like from your list:

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] Freyja
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Elvira[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] Aurnia [name_f]Eira[/name_f]

Some other names you might like:
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ebba[/name_f]
[name_f]Aura[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Jetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Thora[/name_f]
Roya

With [name_f]Isla[/name_f], I like first names of a similar length which don’t have too many repeating sounds.

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]*
Freyja*
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
Brynja
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]*

I think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] would be perfect together.

I love [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Simona[/name_f].
I especially like their matching syllable counts as a subtle way of matching.

I won’t suggest any new names, as I think you’ve got a great list, and enough to think about already!!

My favorite from your list is [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]! I would recommend scratching off Euphemism, maybe [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]? Best wishes!

From your short list, I love Freyja, [name_f]Alba[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Eira[/name_f], and especially [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]!
Combos:
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Eira[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
Freyja [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Alba[/name_f]

Other ideas:
[name_f]Solveig[/name_f]/Solvei
Eythora
[name_f]Celine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Araluen[/name_f]
[name_f]Aine[/name_f]/[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Vevina[/name_f]
[name_f]Muriel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_f]Lileas[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilias[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elouera[/name_f]
[name_u]Blaire[/name_u]/[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_f]Thelma[/name_f]
[name_f]Terese[/name_f]

Good catch! :sweat_smile: hadn’t noticed it had auto corrected to Euphemism instead of [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Simona[/name_f] is gorgeous. Here are my thoughts on your list:

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]-I love it! It’s strong and feminine. Pretty with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] as well.

[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]-This is nice. Frilly, yet sophisticated. Lots of great nn choices too. I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] & [name_f]Gigi[/name_f].

Freyja-This is lovely too. I would stick with either a ‘j’ or a ‘y’ though. Probably a ‘y’.

[name_f]Eilidh[/name_f]-Super cute, but too close to [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

[name_f]Euphemia[/name_f] -This is a little too much. I’ve never heard it, and to me it sounds like a drug.

[name_f]Alba[/name_f]-Not sure I love this one. I think it reminds me of [name_m]ABBA[/name_m].

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]-Simple and pretty. Great with [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]-I like this. Matching initials aren’t always great, but the nn Idgie is adorable.

[name_f]Eira[/name_f]-Too close to [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

Aurnia-I’ve never heard this one either. It’s okay.

[name_f]Beulah[/name_f]-This isn’t very pretty in my opinion. Certainly unique.

Brynja-Not my favorite, but okay. I do like it better than [name_f]Brenna[/name_f]. It looks prettier with this spelling.

[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]-[name_m]Way[/name_m] too strong of an association.

Alvilda-Meh, not my favorite.

[name_m]Aldis[/name_m]-This is different.

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]-This isn’t bad, but not my favorite.

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]-Nothing special, but simple and pretty.

I love [name_f]Esme[/name_f] the most, but [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is a close second.

Suggestions:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]

[name_f]Anthea[/name_f]

[name_f]Anais[/name_f]

[name_f]Annis[/name_f]

[name_f]Celia[/name_f]

[name_f]Catriona[/name_f]

[name_f]Delia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eibhlin[/name_f]

Eilonwy

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Elora[/name_f]

[name_f]Junia[/name_f]

[name_f]Katia[/name_f]

Myfawnwy

Meriwen

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]

[name_f]Tallula[/name_f]

[name_f]Zella[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the replies I’m loving your feedback and suggestions ” should maybe mention that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Simona[/name_f] will be called [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] (a nod to my Faroese heritage as double names are common)
Freyja is the ‘proper’ way to spell it, atleast as far as my Norse mythology knowledge goes. Also, noticed someone said they preferred Brynja to [name_f]Brenna[/name_f], which really caught my eye since it’s not something I’ve ever come across before, Brynja is a Faroese name pronounced as [name_u]Bryn[/name_u]-jah meaning armour ”

I love Freyja (especially spelled this way!) and Brynja, [name_f]Alba[/name_f], [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] & [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. Although there are others I love more (Freyja, in particular), with [name_f]Isla[/name_f], how great does [name_f]Esme[/name_f] sound!?

My favourite combos from these names are [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] Freyja, Freyja [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] ( Freyja [name_f]Alice[/name_f] sounds great as a ‘double first’ With [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]) & [name_f]Alba[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] Brynja.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and…
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
Freyja
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

All the best! Look forward to hearing :slight_smile:

I know someone named [name_f]Brynna[/name_f] ([name_u]Brin[/name_u]-nah). I prefer [name_f]Brynna[/name_f] and [name_f]Brenna[/name_f] to Brynja. I know someone that just named their daughter [name_f]Effie[/name_f] as an honor name for [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]. [name_f]Effie[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] are great together.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Simona[/name_f] and . . .

[name_f]Effie[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Eira[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynna[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Alba[/name_f]

W/[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Simona[/name_f], I’d avoid [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] & [name_f]Eira[/name_f] because they sound very similar (at least to my ear) as [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. My favorite from your list is definitely [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], & if you’re going to use two names all the time, [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] sounds best to my ear, w/[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] second best. Perhaps…

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Eira[/name_f]

Other suggestions:

[name_f]Ione[/name_f] (maybe [name_f]Ione[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Linnet[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Catrin/name_f(maybe [name_f]Catrin[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Ailis[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Sanna[/name_f] (maybe [name_f]Sanne[/name_f] [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] [name_f]Giulietta[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Trina[/name_f] (maybe [name_f]Trina[/name_f] [name_f]Ailis[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Klara[/name_f] (maybe [name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Klara[/name_f] Lusia [name_f]Viola[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Fia[/name_f] (maybe [name_f]Fia[/name_f] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_u]Ren[/name_u]ée?)

I really like [name_f]Esme[/name_f] or Freyja as a twin to [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. Some of the longer names on your list would make great middle too!

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
Freyja [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]

Some other names that would be a good te8n for [name_f]Isla[/name_f]:
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
Winry