Baby Girl -Too many choices!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Folks,

My hubby and I just found out we’re having a baby girl!!

We’re over the moon excited and have LOTS of baby girl name ideas, since we had a little boy last time around. I would love some help/suggestions on what others think sounds the best!

(Background info: Our last name starts with an ‘M’. We have a son named [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]. Family names we’d like to use: [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] -Great Grandmother, [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] -Grandmother, [name_u]Rae[/name_u] -family name)

Name Ideas:

[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] ([name_u]Ray[/name_u]-[name_m]AH[/name_m]) [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

I also like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] as a middle name, but already know 2 people in our town who have used it…

I love all three [name_f]Winona[/name_f] combos, especially [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f], and I also love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. The only name I’m not a huge fan of on your list is [name_f]Rhea[/name_f], as I don’t find it as pretty as the other choices.

I like the [name_f]Winona[/name_f] combos the best from your list too. I really like [name_f]Avis[/name_f] with [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]-- [name_f]Avis[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] M… is a great combo and could be used to honor [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], and [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. What about [name_f]Riva[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Rhea[/name_f]? It sounds a bit crisper. [name_f]Riva[/name_f] [name_u]Marian[/name_u] is a nice combo that could be used to honor.

Some other possibilities:

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and

[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Davina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]/[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Garnet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_u]Marian[/name_u]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Thais[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_u]Vale[/name_u]
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]!

I love your [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f] combos!

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] are too sweet!

[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] ([name_u]Ray[/name_u]-[name_m]AH[/name_m]) [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], to show
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
I like the first name [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] especially with [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]. I am not in the States but I often hear the name pronounced [name_f]Ree[/name_f] -ah. This may not happen where you live but I would consider
that since we don’t use accents (Rhéa) to show the name you want is [name_u]Ray[/name_u]-a, that may get pronunciation variation. I still love the name. I am not so keen on any of your combos but that’s not making me dislike [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] as a first name. The middles are of family meaning which is what is important to you.
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]/[name_f]Bea[/name_f] I also like, and perhaps [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f].

[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] is my favorite first name on your list!

1. [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]

My favorite is [name_f]Winona[/name_f], not only because I have it on my list, but the meaning is particulary fitting - “firstborn daughter”. I prefer to use a middle with significance rather than “just flows” or “just pretty” (therefore, I would probably go with [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] or [name_u]Rae[/name_u] - no variations, though these 3 have a lot of them). Considering flow alone, [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] sounds best (it’s hard for me to say the “o” in [name_f]Winona[/name_f] and the “ae” in [name_u]Rae[/name_u] right after each other).