Baby here but no name!

We have a one week old baby girl, but have not yet decided on a name. We have narrowed it down to two: [name_f]Ada[/name_f] or [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], with the middle name [name_u]Winter[/name_u]. Our surname also ends ‘er’.

She has a sister called [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

Any thoughts to help us decide appreciated.

I absolutely adore [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]. Such a beautiful name. I don’t care much for [name_f]Ada[/name_f], for me it’s just not enough name.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is gorgeous. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is very nice but a bit plain compared to [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f], especially with [name_f]Isla[/name_f], but I don’t think you can go wrong! Both are namesakes for very accomplished women: mathematician [name_f]Ada[/name_f] Lovelace and suffragist [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] Pankhurst. Maybe you could read their stories and decide if one or the other really resonates with you?

I think [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is just gorgeous! The clear winner for me. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] are lovely as sisters. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] doesn’t work well I think. And I’m not so keen on [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] as sisters - a bit samey.

I love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], and I find [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] utterly fab.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] go together splendidly!

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is stunning! :slight_smile:

I can see your struggle. Both are beautiful names that work fantastically with [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. Such a sweet name!

I think [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], especially with [name_u]Winter[/name_u], is a gorgeous choice.

Both are nice, but I prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] with [name_u]Winter[/name_u].

I love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]! [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is pretty but it’s too similar to [name_f]Isla[/name_f] for me.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]!

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] sounds beautiful! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]!

Definitely [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]!

This same thing happened to me! Ask yourself if she looks more like an [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] or an [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. They’re both sweet but [name_f]Ada[/name_f] feels a little spunkier and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] feels a little more elegant. Another thing to consider is if you love nicknames or not. [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] has some obvious cute ones ([name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], Liney etc.) If nicknames are not your thing, then [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is the winner.
I think [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is adorable but both are beautiful names. [name_u]Winter[/name_u] sounds great with both if not slightly better with [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] because of the 3 then 2 syllable count. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] gets my vote but you can not go wrong either way. Congratulations on your baby girl!

Many thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply and for your positive comments and helpful advice, which was very useful. We have decided to call her [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] as we like the simplicity of the name.

^^ I’m so glad to hear this! I was about to cast my vote for [name_f]Ada[/name_f]…I think that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] are a better sibset and I think that [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is gorgeous. Congratulations!

Congrats for [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]! I love her name and her sisters!