Baby Hyacinthbucket (Round 1)

I have narrowed down my Top 24 from the long-list. I’ll tackle it in chunks since it is too much to deal with all at once. I’m not aiming for a number one, but rather a more reasonable field of 10 or so over the next few months, similar to the one I have for my boys’ list.

Here are two quick polls. There will be more to follow.

Please give me as much feedback as your time allows on why you chose what you did. Thanks, Berries!

• Lucasta Menodora
  • Rosmerta [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

0 voters

• Minerva [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  • Minerva Menodora

0 voters

For the first poll, I chose [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] because [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f] Menodora doesn’t flow very well in my eyes- two names ending with A that have a similar rhythm. However, [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is also a bit similar for me because I pronounce the mer in [name_f]Ros[/name_f]merta the same way that I pronounce the [name_f]Mar[/name_f] in marigold.

For the second poll, [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] Menodora was way too similar to me, so I chose [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], which uses alliteration responsibly!

1 Like

I voted for [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f] Menodora primarily because I just prefer the name [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f] to [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f]. I also looked down to the second poll and felt that [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is definitely the best middle name option for [name_f]Minerva[/name_f], so I wanted to reserve that middle name for that combo (instead of picking [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]), in case you didn’t want to have two names with the same middle option on your ultimate list. Despite the double “a” ending, I do think [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f] Menodora still flows well. There is something about the variation in the number of syllables in the names, I think, that still allows them to work together despite the similarity in ending.

Minerva [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] was an easier pick for me. I think [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] could sound a bit too Harry [name_m]Potter[/name_m]-y with another slightly more witchy middle name like Menodora, but I think [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] makes [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] sound a bit more like its own thing and not tied to specific fantasy world or feeling.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Lovely list

I enjoy [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] are stunning

1 Like

Wow, I’m really liking [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] a lot, actually. I’ve been thinking about [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] recently, because I think nn [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] is kinda cute, and [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] sounds pretty elegant. I do know a [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] in real life, so I’m used to this name and I think it works nicely. Plus, [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] really sounds like a sister to your boys.

Marigold is one of my favorite girl names so, what can I say?

1 Like

So I said that I would be splitting the list up and doing follow-up polls but I have decided to simply do that all in one place, so I’ll add polls later to this post:

Yes, I don’t mind the double -a ending here because of the syllable flow.

I can definitely see how this would be the case.

Haha. Indeed. Touchée.

2 Likes

Rosemerta [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is so pretty and strong

Rosmerta [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - a lovely combo, but my first thought was that it might be a little too floral? I’m also not a massive fan of [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f], but I liked this more than [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f] Menodora (not a fan of the men/meno part).

Minerva [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - a little bit of a tongue twister, but not so much as [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] Menodora. I think this is probably my favourite out of all four.

1 Like

I cannot decide between [name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f] Menodora. Have twins. :joy:

1 Like